• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Plato's Theory isnt something from another verse, its a general real world concept that dosnt belong to any verse

Agnaa said:
There is definitely stuff to keep them in check. People would likely get put off by the inconsistent characters and downvote, eventually leading to a rewrite or deletion.
Most may not care about the cosmology of the series being perfectly consistent, but they'd care about characters acting within their capabilities (no multi-universal clef) and within their character (no 173 hosting a pizza party).
First off, let's move this discussion to the other thread, alternating between threads is hurting my brain.

"People would likely get put off by the inconsistent characters and downvote, eventually leading to a rewrite or deletion."

You're still basing this wiki's standards on a verse on good faith. There is plenty examples that are complete contradictory to what you just said.

Let me use calc stacking as an example. Just bear with me. Considering the Foundationverse as a single canon is like calc stacking, but for wanking. You can upgrade a huge number of characters just by snooping around the site and looking for scaling, then scaling again, and again. Marvel has higher standards, and they still have Hulk getting bitten by Gorillas, and we work around that. We don't just throw up our hands and say "oh well, let's just hope everyone on the website agrees on what's correct".

Yes, if your problem is with inconsistency or calc stacking I agree that those are bad things that we should resolve.

There's a reason why 173 is 9-B even though it pulverized 682. Because that case was an outlier.

@Weekly My problem with it is that Wondertainment is really low in the verse's hierarchy, so he's below people who still seem to be constrained by dimensions. I don't think the verse's cosmology is consistent with nearly everyone being 1-A.

Dargoo Faust said:
Consider Plato's Forms to be part of one verse, consisting of Plato's worldviews. We're now using this verse to scale another character/object that has literally nothing to back that claim up other than more vague claims, in a completly different verse. If that isn't wanking, I don't know what is.

Anyone below dimensional constructs such as Alaggada?

It'd be weird to me if there were so many statements of dimensionality in the SCPverse but literally none of them were directly applied to the god tiers or constructs within the god tiers.

An entire thread disagrees with such a notion.

We specifically agreed that being merely called a Platonic Universal is not enough to be 1-A, it needs to be explained extremely in depth and needs to be fully in line with the Theory of Forms.

I mean, you know more about the god tiers than me. Is there any reference to dimensionality throughout the god tiers or constructs in the god tiers? Or does everything ambiguously refer to "creation", "universes", or "multiverses"?

Luffy you realize that 40K has more solid basis for its high 1-B and 1-A ratings? But yeah I agree with what's stated above by the people disagreeing with 1-A, as well as my own reasons. I also agree that having both threads is kinda redundant if the outcome of one is predicated so heavily on the outcome of the other.

Dargoo Faust said:
We should probably freeze this thread until this one gets resolved, considering most of what's here wouldn't be applicable depending on the results of the changes.
Aren't most people in that thread simply arguing for a separation of canons? If the structure of the multiverse is still considered as consistent across all canons, then this upgrade doesn't really depend on that thread. Just a few people will possibly be downgraded if that thread's resolved.

Also the opinion of Azzy is not some end all be all monolith of objective truth. While he's good at arguing points and sourcing them, usually ending up able to get his point through from what I've seen, he's not some infallible god or whatever. He would still need to make his arguments, or at least reference where he's made them before, where they can be discussed and critiqued as normal. I get that he's got computer issues or whatever though, so he can't really contribute as of now.

It will though, scaling the weakest God-Tiers to High 1-B will no longer be allowed if that thread goes through, due to said God Tiers having nothing to do with the statement and it being a wildly different storyline.

The absolute god tiers are completely transcendant of the narratives in which the High 1-B and 1-A feats take place regardless, they scale no matter what as theyr above any and all narratives

I think Kep's saying that since Swann and Mary aren't part of the same canons as the ones establishing dimensionality, they shouldn't scale to them if that thread goes through?

You're missing the point of the thread. Why should we use a one-liner tidbit in a random interpretation that has no bearing in the original stuff? Because it inflates the God-Tiers beyond what they are portrayed at?

Agnaa said:
I think Kep's saying that since Swann and Mary aren't part of the same canons as the ones establishing dimensionality, they shouldn't scale to them if that thread goes through?
by that logic swann would be weaker than basically everyone else dispite creating them

Isn't Swann supposed to represent the website itself? Swann scaling doesn't seem too far fetched, but I'm not super knowledgeable or whatever.

Kepekley23 said:
You're missing the point of the thread. Why should we use a one-liner tidbit in a random interpretation that has no bearing in the original stuff? Because it inflates the God-Tiers beyond what they are portrayed at?
Swann and its avatars ar econsistently portrayed as being beyond the narratives of everything on the entire website, its not inflated, thats just what they are

Kepekley23 said:
there is no inflation, if an SCP or tale or whatever exists, swann is transcendent of it due to creating it, no matter what

You do realize that we completely reject the "We are Swann, so Swann is the one typing the tale we made just to get him to High 1-A" interpretation that ignores the border between reality and fiction? He is transcendent over his own multiverse, not meta issues such as Canonicity.

@Kep No one but you rejects that

Swann is the foundation site, while its avatars are the writres for the site

Hell SCP-3309 is literally the event of an author/writer/editor deleting an article or page off of the website

Swann is a fictional character, dude. He doesn't scale to your fingers, he scales to what the writer of the article wrote him to be.

Kepekley23 said:
You do realize that we completely reject the "We are Swann, so Swann is the one typing the tale we made just to get him to High 1-A" interpretation that ignores the border between reality and fiction? He is transcendent over his own multiverse, not meta issues such as Canonicity.
he is, he is transcendent of the narritives in total

i get that that is a possible issue, but it really hasn't been an issue, since no one here as infiltrated the wiki yet (DON'T)

Kepekley23 said:
Swann is a fictional character, dude. He doesn't scale to your fingers, he scales to what the writer of the article wrote him to be.
You mean what swann wrote itself to be

Swann is essentially the Writer from Marvel

> Swann is essentially the Writer from DC

Fixed. Also, you do realize that Grant Morrison didn't literally enter his own comic to talk to Animal Man and prove his omnipotence, right?

This has been discussed several times, and Swann and The Writer were used as examples the last time it was discussed.

Yes, Grant used an writer avatar to enter the narritive just as Swann uses writer avatars to entrer the narrative

Back