• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
From what weekly said, that sounds like it implies a high 1-B cap.

Cain Fastus said:
If its accepted as 1A then the reing of terror of the Masadara 1As will come to a Clouser
Madadaverse has transcendence upon transcendence. Throne = 1-A. God with one Taikyoku = A literal transcendence of that to the point of "If someone on that level reaches infinite power, still an immeasurable level below the higher god.". Theres gods with 60, 65 and 90 Taikyoku on the verse.

Anyways, on the topic of the CRT: I'm neutral on that. Normally it gets debunked, but still a possibility.

All of this said, I think I should remind everyone of the thread I made three months ago, questioning the SCP Foundation's canonicity standards.

I'm reviving it.

I'm too tired to really debate right now, but I'm going to go right off the bat and say that I'm against the 1-A upgrades because of a pool ball.

Consider Plato's Forms to be part of one verse, consisting of Plato's worldviews. We're now using this verse to scale another character/object that has literally nothing to back that claim up other than more vague claims, in a completly different verse. If that isn't wanking, I don't know what is.

I'm neutral on the 1-B upgrades, although I'm getting more and more annoyed with the constant upgrades due to interactions between stories not even written by the same author, and I don't think any of this should be implemented before we have a serious look at what the heck we're doing witht he Foundationverse, because I can literally upgrade 682 right now by editing its termination log, which is a collaborative test log.

We're allowing a verse to wank itself, basically.

1-A is not happening, I'll tell you that right away. We specifically discussed someone being upgraded to 1-A just because they are called platonic universals in the new Concept Thread, and agreed with it being a massive leap in logic. Far more evidence is required.

@Crop

Yes, it will. I've talked with several people and the vast majority agree with our SCP standards being completely non-solid and allowing every slip of wank to pass through to "canon".

@Kep Because once we get to the God tiers they're not limited to a single universe as they're above literally everything. The fact that a god tier (wondertainment) is one of the characters who literally made one of the 1-A things in question here is proof that it's consistent.

No, that's not the case. You're ignoring the fact that everyone except Swann is limited to a single narrative. Almost all SCPs take place in their own narratives.

Kep is 100% correct.

I'll be posting more on the thread when it's re-opened, but I think we should only take interactions seriously if A) The scips/tales are written by the same author, B) They are part of an outlined Canon hub (Think Apotheosis, dado, end-of-death). The scips were then written with the full intention of a consistent narrative, with the collaboration being clearly broadcasted. In the case of the Doomsday hubs, there isn't even a chance of some random guy adding stories.

Collaborative test longs should be disregarded entirely.

Kepekley23 said:
No, that's not the case. You're ignoring the fact that everyone except Swann is limited to a single narrative. Almost all SCPs take place in their own narratives.
Not 100% true. Many canon hubs do crossovers with each other. Specially Church of the Broken God.

@Dargoo That would essentially remove 80% of all content from all of the scp pages for basically no reason

@Kep

That I agree with, but saying that everyone is limited to a single narrative is wrong. Specially when talking about the god-tiers.

But they are. You do realize that narratives are super meta? Each one includes multiple multiverses

@Kep There are still entities that transcend all narratives entirely that would be rated like this regardless

@Kep Either High Elder Gods+ or Mary+, likely depending on whether we consider narratives to be dimensional limitations or not.

Also I don't agree with the 1-A proposal from the op, I only agree with 1-A through multiple levels of qualitative superiority over High 1-Bs.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo That would essentially remove 80% of all content from all of the scp pages for basically no reaso
No, it would likely just delete most of the higher tiers, and de-meme 682, with minor edits on profiles that are just based on the scip profiles, which is surprisingly a lot.

The fact that it would remove 80% of all content shows how badly we let this situation get.

If there's inconsistencies/inaccuracies other than "People other than the original author used this character on a collaborative fiction website" then they should be fixed.

Even if they're not the original writers, they try to keep consistency in those characters. If it's not, the article will be deleted or rewritten.

Agnaa said:
Even if they're not the original writers, they try to keep consistency in those characters. If it's not, the article will be deleted or rewritten.
I'd like to not bank how we look at entire verses on good faith. Especially when there is nothing to keep any of said people in check.

@Matt

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1486294

Was reopened.

There is definitely stuff to keep them in check. People would likely get put off by the inconsistent characters and downvote, eventually leading to a rewrite or deletion.

Most may not care about the cosmology of the series being perfectly consistent, but they'd care about characters acting within their capabilities (no multi-universal clef) and within their character (no 173 hosting a pizza party).

Kepekley23 said:
Like, two entities?
Even the Almighty is below an actual narrative.
Three actually, Mary Nakayama, Swann's avatars, and Swann itself. They would scale off of 609 and the things in the OP

There's still no reason to ignore 609 and by extension Wondertainment being 1-A because "lol its a billiard ball"

@Weekly

Being a billiard ball wasn't the reason. It was the fact that we are using "scaling from another verse" (Plato's ideas in this case) to scale to SCP, when it simply references the other, not even bother to explain it in-depth and treat it as part of the verse.

Back