• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought it'd be a cool matchup lol

Both 8-B, speed equalized, both willing to kill (tho I don't think that's a problem for either of them).

Oktavia von Seckendorff is restricted.

Sayaka: 7 (Scarletmoon56, ZeedMillenniummon89, Kaltias, Gargoyle One,BoomeYang, Peter1129, Monarch Laciel)

Guts: 1 (The J-ManRequiem)

Inconclusive: 0

Sayaka Guts-angery

I non-ironically believe this is a stomp in Sayaka's favor. She puts Guts to sleep, summons Oktavia and the witchs barrier so he can't escape, then proceeds to soul'F, mind'F or stampede him with familiars. She also has life absorbtion on top of that.

I thought Oktavia is 8-A tho. They're both 8-B here, so no Oktavia. I probably should've included that >_>

Would the berserker armor not pseudo counter that? Would it not take control of him when in danger ie put to sleep instinctively?

Sayaka for reasons above and the fact that she is a higher end of 8-B, as her AP is>>Homura's durability which is basically the same as Guts's AP

@J-Man

Maybe it would. But Sayaka still has higher stats, stat amping to increase the advantage even more and regen.

She'd need to completely ohko, unless he's killed instantly, punctured organs, internal bleeding, shattered bones, ripped tendons, none of that will hinder him. Hell he'd probably let himself get dismembered if itd let him get a good blow in. Plus isn't Dragon Slayer at least 45tons in raw dura considering it took zero damage from a 45 ton attack?

So, she just need to stab his heart/head. Neither of those would kill her though. Also won't hinder him =/= will prevent his death. It only delays the inevitable

Hmm, doesn't Guts' Dragonslayer cause soul wounds or something like that which will always reopen unless a soul afflicting power is used?

Dragon Slayer, through killing a insane amount of demons and beings connected to the spirit realm has gained the ability that when it hits you it is also hitting your soul. If it cuts you your soul is also cut in the same location making it impossible to heal via normal means.

Sayaka's body is soulless. Only way to attack her soul is hitting the Soul Gem. She should be able to regenerate just fine

It says mid, which implies anything above decap would be fatal. Considering how Berserker Guts fights, if he ended up doing something like that he probably wouldnt stop, he'd likeky keep swinging at the remains untill it's just gore, assuming it's him as he's depicted in the OP. He doesn't even need to find out she can regen, if he gets one good hit in he wont stop till it's mush due his nature unless there's someone else to fight around. Plus in cqc him hitting the gem is likely considering how large his sword is, it's essentially her entire body

Too bad that her regen is almost instant from the perspective of high end MHS characters (Kyoko). Also even Guts's page note that he basically kill himself due to the recoil of his own strikes. Also if they both stab each other in the head/heart, Sayaka survives. Guts doesn't

The recoil breaks his bones yeah, that doesnt matter and doesn't hinder him since the armor puts him back together essentially. And ya say that but stabbing her in the head with Dragon Slayer is kinda more than decap, there won't even be a head left considering it's width and thickness and heart? Isnt that where here soul gem is just about? Wouldnt it be collateral?

The Soul Gem is on her stomach. Also Guts has only Building+ dura, the gap is enough for Sayaka to bisect him with a strike. While her dura is > Guts's AP

That's dubious, it says one of the reasons he's building is because he tsnked hits from Zodd yet Zodd should be casually in the city block+ range, which he's actually listed as. And besides, hitting her heart would still hit her stomach 90% of the time.

Probably will, but there's something I wanna calc that'd upgrade Zodd and Skull if it gets accepted so I'll wait on that to avoid redundancy

Question, if her soul gem is destroyed or removed, what happens. As far as I recall in the anime at least, it getting too far away basically ohkoed.

If it's destroyed she dies, If it's more than 100 metres from her she becomes unconscious. But Guts doesn't know that he needs to hit it

You act as if she was unable to block the strike. Guts doesn't stop? Sayaka keeps fighting without her limbs if necessary. Not to mention the passive stat boost

All Guts needs is a single hit really, if he gets one in there's like a 70% the soul gem is getting caught in the swing, that's on ohko. And not like Guts can't block either, considering the dragon Slayer takes no visible damage from city block attacks since he actively used it as a shield against one before, it can very well block attacks too. Plus there's his cannon arm, if he uses it up close the explosion itself could take out the soul gem and ya can't really block an explosion due to aoe.

The soul gem should be at least comparable to the rest of the body in terms of dura, if not more by the way.

It's an "at least" (Not enough for a tier jump tho) as shown by the fact that she can get pierced by Elsa Maria all around her body but Sayaka's soul gem isn't even dented.

But did it actually touch the gem? If ya can provide sn example of it explicity getting hit by someone on the same tier or a statement than fine.

[1]

Around 0:42 seconds, it practically destroyed her entire body, with the obvious exception of the soul gem.

Also Elsa Maria is stronger than Sayaka, considering Sayaka is the weakest magical girl outside of Oriko and technically Homura.

Its also a testament to her regen, having regened directly afterwards.

Yeah that's a bit sketchy, mostly because of the art style choice for that scene making it hard to tell the extent of what actually happened. Is there anything else?

While I can see where the concern of the art style comes from, I'm not sure if it is that unclear.

Screenshot 2017-08-17 at 18.55.37
Rip Sayaka

Especially with the later scene comparing the branch that impaled her to her arm.

That screencap shows her chest being plowed through opposed to her stomach since it seems like she's lurching forward. Is there ANYTHING else? Even a snippet from a novel or anything?

Not really, though there is the scene in 1:22 which is just Maria trying to ora ora her that should count.

And the arm part, the comparison to how big the branch eventually grows to her arm is rather big too...

Though even if that's not correct, why, or even how, would he one shot her? She should have dura comparable to his attacks, which would include soul gems. Not to mention, his ap < Homura << Sayaka.

Sayaka cut quite a few of the branches and I was specifically looking to see if her stomach was impaled and I couldn't see it if I'm thinking the scene you're talking about. Come on, there has to be at least a statement. Even a statement will be enough for me or is there any showings from the rest of the cast?

About dura being greater than or equal to the normal body?

Homura surviving a skyscraper point blank, leaving her bleeding but the soul gem isn't harmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back