• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Lord Harkon: Trying to disprove a point

Regardless of whether he is likely to use them, they're still win-cons as long as it's at least a semi-reasonable possibility.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
so no wincon since he never uses them and the only time he used BFR is on the dova and only because you helped him.
That's more on him for not using his hax quick enough. The thread already established that he has a window for using them against Saitama. They may not be in-character starting moves but he can still feasibly use them before Saitama destroys him. There's also life drain and paralysis inducement but as with the former two, he doesn't bust them out quick enough.

I don't think this thread is a stomp per say

It's hilariously redundant though since Harmon lost to Boros

OP was expecting a quick win for Harkon when he made this. Boy was he wrong....

XxxVikaheimoxxx said:
Saitama stomps. Seriously he faces an even weaker version of Boros. Saitama one shots with his serious punch while holding back.
Doesn't open with that, giving Harkon a window to use his hax. So not a stomp.

It does seem kinda stompy ngl

harkon attacks trying to rip saitama apart saitama strikes back the end.

We dont really have that much lore on harkon so going by the game he gets stomp.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
It does seem kinda stompy ngl
harkon attacks trying to rip saitama apart saitama strikes back the end.

We dont really have that much lore on harkon so going by the game he gets stomp.
What we have on his profile is enough for him to win against Saitama if he uses them from the very beginning. But he doesn't, which is why he loses here.

The Wright Way said:
XxxVikaheimoxxx said:
Take note that Saitama stated that he could destroy the planet in the webcomic. Wait should Saitama get a 5-B upgrade via that?
That's been debunked so many times it's not even funny. The guy who wrote the comic himself said not to take his woed as Word of God, as such, we don't use it.
Murata said that, writer of the manga. The writer of the webcomic, ONE, is who originally wrote that Saitama statement. However we have deemed it as unreliable.

The Wright Way said:
That's been debunked so many times it's not even funny. The guy who wrote the comic himself said not to take his woed as Word of God, as such, we don't use it.
Actually that was Murata who said that not ONE. It's still a bit too much of an assumption to make about his tier I think.

XxxVikaheimoxxx said:
I don't mind, but where is the proof of this debunk?
Go aroud three or four pages back on the OPM discussions. You'll see at least one thread where this was brought up.

Lol and Anime via this

Nah, Anime and Manga versions are too similar to make separate profiles. The Webcomic, however, is different beast with far weaker versions of the characters.

ElixirBlue said:
Nah, Anime and Manga versions are too similar to make separate profiles. The Webcomic, however, is different beast with far weaker versions of the characters.

True, the Dragon-level Threats in OPM are about Town Level while in Anime and Manga City - Mountain Level.

I dont really think Boros and Garou are one of the weakest High 6-A.

For me they are standard High 6-A while Saitama is stronger than an average High 6-A.

XxxVikaheimoxxx said:
I dont really think Boros and Garou are one of the weakest High 6-A.
For me they are standard High 6-A while Saitama is stronger than an average High 6-A.
What? I'm don't really think that they're the weakest High 6-As either but OPM god-tiers are definitely on the lower end of the spectrum considering the characters in this tier.

I think it'd probably be more accurate to say that Boros and Garou are quite a bit below average and Saitama is just a little bit below average.

No... Saitama has AP only going for him.

Boros and Garou are way more survivable than them, and are better High 6-As abilit wise.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No... Saitama has AP only going for him.
Boros and Garou are way more survivable than them, and are better High 6-As abilit wise.
Yeah, they actually do a lot better in this tier than Saitama.

Well, yeah, technically so. They would be better in their tier overall than Saitama due to abilities, just basing off the fact that Saitama can beat them is the angle I was coming from.

Same reason I'd consider Dante to be a better 3-A/Low 2-C than Void Mundus. Void Mundus can probably beat more people in their tier, but Dante is 100% stronger.

Okay I think people are underrating the **** out of Harkon right now.

So as someone who has played through Dawnguard not too long ago, a common first move for Vampires is the life drain spell, which quite literally drains people's life force.

Harkon has this on a much higher level as he is one of the oldish and strongest Vampires in Skyrim, and furthermore he has access to an even more powerful version in his Vampire Lord form.

I believe his Sword actually has the Life Drain enchantment on it as well, meaning his physical attacks would Life Drain.

Life Force Absorption is something Saitama has no resistance to, so Harkon tossing out his Life Drain spell, or hitting him with his sword would destroy him.

Already established in the thread that Life Drain isn't instant. Saitama starts noticing himself gettng weaker or feeling pain and immediately decides to get serious with the guy in-front of him and annahilates him in an instant.

And I think this should have been added by now.

Planck69 said:
Already established in the thread that Life Drain isn't instant. Saitama starts noticing himself gettng weaker or feeling pain and immediately decides to get serious with the guy in-front of him and annahilates him in an instant.
And I think this should have been added by now.
Life Drain taking time is as much a Game Mechanic as Shouts having a cooldown is.

Furthermore Higher Level Vampires (Which Harkon scales above) Drains Stamina ontop of Health, which would tire Saitama out especially given his lack of resistance plus the fact Saitama has no impressive stamina feats.

Except we have zero feats for his life drain lore wise? Same way we generally have zero feats for harkon in the lore? The guy barely exist outside his appearance in dawnguard.

His greatest feat lore wise was tearing a random guy in half and phasing through ice. Gameplay wise he's rather unimpressive as well, leading with melee, using his bfr once and never in a combat scenario. I do think life drain will be effective but we can't state with any confidence it can oneshot saitama.

further if the overtime thing is game mechanics can you point me towards the lore that shows/implies it's instant outside gameplay? (Genuinely curious)

AogiriKira said:
Life Drain taking time is as much a Game Mechanic as Shouts having a cooldown is.

Furthermore Higher Level Vampires (Which Harkon scales above) Drains Stamina ontop of Health, which would tire Saitama out especially given his lack of resistance plus the fact Saitama has no impressive stamina feats.
He, or anyone really, doesn't need much stamina for throwing out one punch. And Life Drain would have to drain Saitama, a Rel+ character in less than three seconds for him to die before he gets the memo that he needs to punch Harkon really hard. Life Drain definitely takes takes longer than that.

Planck69 said:
AogiriKira said:

He, or anyone really, doesn't need much stamina for throwing out one punch. And Life Drain would have to drain Saitama, a Rel+ character in less than three seconds for him to die before he gets the memo that he needs to punch Harkon really hard. Life Drain definitely takes takes longer than that.
Speed is Equalized, and as I said Life Drain taking time is just a game mechanic.

"Doesn't need much stamina for throwing out one punch" Im not arguing he gets too tired to fight properly, im saying he gets too tired to even stand.

Furthermore, another in character trait for Harkon is to summon Gargoyles and Teleport around by turning into bats and mist. If he needs to he can just abuse his range advantage and keep travelling around the battlefield, and if he deems Saitama too much of a threat after seeing him casually oneshotting his gargoyles he'll start Mindhaxing.

Back