• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor Moon: Tier 1 Corridor of Spacetime Door

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Corridor of Spacetime Door, an area in Sailor Moon, should count as a tier 1 structure based on our current standards.

The Corridor of the Spacetime Door is a location in Sailor Moon where the Door of spacetime is located. It is referred to as the corridor, as the underworld, as a spacetime, as well as a a rift. It is used to to travel to different time periods.

The Corridor is stated to have no concept of distance and direction. Sailor Pluto states that specific points in space are undefined within the corridor without her key. Sailor Mercury also makes the comment that walking through the corridor feels like they're moving in circles despite moving in a straight line. Dark pits and Black holes also open up throughout the corridor.

The corridor also has universes embedded with in it. Sailor Pluto confirms that the Tau Star System is distant region in spacetime. The Tau Star System is referred to as a cosmos, other world, and alternate dimension.

Luna and Sailor Pluto also confirm the existence of a multitude of other alternate dimensions, so much that Luna's computer cannot check them all.

It is confirmed that the past exists as physical location within Spacetime as Chibi-usa states that it exists on the "other side of spacetime". Couple that with the fact that, those who wander the corridor can end up getting lost in time.

In order to hold countless universes, as well as to present the time of these universes as a physical location, the corridor would require to have it's own dimensional axis. It has already been stated that tier 2 inherently have insignificant 5D space, however, the corridor of spacetime proves itself to possess significant quality. Not only does it embed all universes, but it also has it's unique physics and logic. It has it's own topology and cosmological events and phenomena besides the embedded space and time.

In addition to the space, the corridor also has it's own separate time axis. When Black Lady sends shockwaves backwards in time to attack Sailor Moon and the team, Sailor Pluto is able to warn Sailor Moon before the shockwaves hit her. This is only possible if Sailor Pluto exists out side the flow of time (as the corridor is stated to not have flow of time) and have her own frame of reference in terms of time and causality.

Sequence of events in the normal time axis:

Sequence of events from Pluto's perspective in the corridor of spacetime:

https://imgur.com/z6BzWnq

To Pluto's perspective, the future, past, and present are all happening at the same time. This should qualify as a new axis.

To use the snapshots example. Snapshots of the universe would contain individual snapshots of the universe at different times. Snapshots of the corridor would contain individal snapshots that contain the past, future, and present of each universe at once. This is only possible because events in the past, present, and future occur and are positioned simultaneously in the corridor.

TL:DR: the Corridor contains it's own time axis, as well its own spatial axis that allows it to contain 4D space as well as represent time as a physical location.

Who would scale?

God Tiers: Lambda Sailor Moon, Chaos, Sailor Cosmos

Range only: Sailor Moon, Sailor Pluto, Death Phantom

Last edited:
ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

Luna and Sailor Pluto also confirm the existence of a multitude of other alternate dimensions, so much that Luna's computer cannot check them all.
This scan appears to say that Luna's computer cannot check all the different access routes, not the number of alternate dimensions.

"So what is Shadow Galactica, when did they get to our planet?"

"I've been monitoring all of the access routes. We haven't had any extra-terrestial invaders since the dead moon.
"The only other possible routes are inter-dimensional ones, and we can't possibly check all of them."

In order to hold countless universes, as well as to present the time of these universes as a physical location, the corridor would require to have it's own dimensional axis. It has already been stated that tier 2 inherently have insignificant 5D space, however, the corridor of spacetime proves itself to possess significant quality.
We seem to have skipped a step. First, I am not clear on where it says that the Corridor of Spacetime actually contains these dimensions. Second, where were these dimensions described as infinite? The above scan wasn't referencing the dimensions but even if it was, the fact that "we can't possibly check them all" doesn't allow us to consider them infinite.

This scan appears to say that Luna's computer cannot check all the different access routes, not the number of alternate dimensions.

"So what is Shadow Galactica, when did they get to our planet?"

"I've been monitoring all of the access routes. We haven't had any extra-terrestial invaders since the dead moon.
"The only other possible routes are inter-dimensional ones, and we can't possibly check all of them."
You're missing the key ingredient where Sailor Pluto says, "There hasn't been any disturbances in spacetime. There are no invaders from any alternate dimension."

This is Pluto confirming that Shadow Galactica is from their universe and came from outside the solar system.

We also have pluto again confirming they came from outside the solar system:

We seem to have skipped a step. First, I am not clear on where it says that the Corridor of Spacetime actually contains these dimensions. Second, where were these dimensions described as infinite? The above scan wasn't referencing the dimensions but even if it was, the fact that "we can't possibly check them all" doesn't allow us to consider them infinite.
Tau Star System is described as being a region inside the Corridor.

And yes. Space is confirmed to be infinite in Sailor Moon. This was accepted during the speed crts.

https://imgur.com/iAnVwfO

You're missing the key ingredient where Sailor Pluto says, "There hasn't been any disturbances in spacetime. There are no invaders from any alternate dimension."

This is Pluto confirming that Shadow Galactica is from their universe and came from outside the solar system.

We also have pluto again confirming they came from outside the solar system:
Okay. I am yet unclear as to how that information is significant for this upgrade.

Tau Star System is described as being a region inside the Corridor.

And yes. Space is confirmed to be infinite in Sailor Moon. This was accepted during the speed crts.
Space being infinite in size doesn't mean there are infinite universes. However, which part of those scans is meant to establish space as infinite? It says "real solitude is infinite"

Okay. I am yet unclear as to how that information is significant for this upgrade.
It’s supporting evidence about the structure of the corridor.

Space being infinite in size doesn't mean there are infinite universes. However, which part of those scans is meant to establish space as infinite? It says "real solitude is infinite"
Sailor Moon says, “like where you come from” refering to Uranus’s sation guarding space. Also the other scans explicitly refer to the universe as being infinite in space and time.

It’s supporting evidence about the structure of the corridor.

Sailor Moon says, “like where you come from” refering to Uranus’s sation guarding space. Also the other scans explicitly refer to the universe as being infinite in space and time.
The only scan I see that says that is the one that mentions Einstein. Is that what you're referring to?

Bump.

Back on topic, the corridor does contain spacetimes, which are accepted as infinite in size in both space and time and couple that with the corridor having no concept of distance or direction and points in space are undefined.

This leaves two options:

A. The corridor is infinite in size in order to fit these spacetimes.
B. Size of the corridor is irrelevant, as it will still act as though it is infinite, as one can travel through it for eternity and never reach the end. Like wise, can hold any amount of spacetimes, and still never be filled.

Oh, I meant to respond to this:

I don't think the reference to Einstein's theory is super helpful here.

"Einstein's original theory was that the cosmological constant counterbalance gravity to create a static universe - one that is spatially and temporally infinity, and that has stars and planets instead of one big mass held by gravity."

This isn't really saying any of this is true for the Sailor Moon cosmology, and the fact that they even reference it as Einstein's "original" theory suggests otherwise. Einsteins original theory was wrong, he abandoned it in 1929 after certain observations about redshift and then switched to an expanding universe. It's also a bit inaccurate, Einstein didn't propose a spatially infinite universe, it was spatially finite. The term "static universe" by itself just refers to one that isn't expanding.

This isn't really saying any of this is true for the Sailor Moon cosmology, and the fact that they even reference it as Einstein's "original" theory suggests otherwise. Einsteins original theory was wrong, he abandoned it in 1929 after certain observations about redshift and then switched to an expanding universe. It's also a bit inaccurate, Einstein didn't propose a spatially infinite universe, it was spatially finite. The term "static universe" by itself just refers to one that isn't expanding.
Static Universe isn't Einstein's original idea and has existed long before him, and is originally a universe that is spatially and temporally infinite.

It doesn't matter if the theory of Static universe is wrong in real life, the Sailor Moon cosmology uses it.

Static Universe isn't Einstein's original idea and has existed long before him
You're misunderstanding. When it says "Einstein's original theory" it isn't saying "a theory that Einstein came up with first" it is saying "Einstein's first cosmological model." The word "original" is differentiating from his later theory after the static universe was disproven.

In this scan, however, the phrase "static universe" directly follows "Einstein's original theory" and is provided as part of an explanation about the character for "Lambda" which is the cosmological constant, which is specifically implicated in Einstein's static universe, not others.

It doesn't matter if the theory of Static universe is wrong in real life, the Sailor Moon cosmology uses it.
I've yet to see solid evidence for that, and the phrase "static universe" just means "not expanding."

I've yet to see solid evidence for that, and the phrase "static universe" just means "not expanding."
"A static universe, also referred to as a stationary or infinite or static infinite universe, is a cosmological model in which the universe is both spatially and temporally infinite, and space is neither expanding nor contracting."

In this scan, however, the phrase "static universe" directly follows "Einstein's original theory" and is provided as part of an explanation about the character for "Lambda" which is the cosmological constant, which is specifically implicated in Einstein's static universe, not others.

The note then goes on to define a static universe as one that is spatially and temporally infinite. The story doesn't say, Einstein's static universe. It says static universe, and defines it as such, which is the general meaning. And we still have Uranus's and Moon's conversation where they call space infinite.

Again, this already been accepted.

"A static universe, also referred to as a stationary or infinite or static infinite universe, is a cosmological model in which the universe is both spatially and temporally infinite, and space is neither expanding nor contracting."
A static universe doesn't need to be spatially infinite. Einstein's decidedly wasn't. See below

Einstein’s 1917 Static Model of the Universe: A Centennial Review

We finally infer that boundary conditions in spatial infinity fall away altogether,
because the universal continuum in respect of its spatial dimensions is to be viewed as
a self-contained continuum of finite spatial (three-dimensional) volume.

An Astrophysical Peek into Einstein’s Static Universe: No Dark Energy

It is well known that in order to obtain a static universe which would be closed and finite radius, Einstein modified Equation (1) into = 8π Gg T

And we still have Uranus's and Moon's conversation where they call space infinite.

Where does that occur?

A static universe doesn't need to be spatially infinite. Einstein's decidedly wasn't. See below

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1701/1701.07261.pdf
Einstein’s 1917 Static Model of the Universe: A Centennial Review

https://www.scirp.org/pdf/IJAA20110400003_44902426.pdf
An Astrophysical Peek into Einstein’s Static Universe: No Dark Energy
You are moving goal posts. You asked for evidence that static universe is more than just "not expanding". Even Einstein's universe is more than just "not expanding".

Regardless, the source material defines it's usage of static universe as a universe that is spatially and temporally infinite.

Where does that occur?
I've already posted the scan above.

Uranus: Real solitude spreads out into infinity
Moon: Like where you came from?

Uranus and the outers came from outer space. Their solitude is as infinite as the space they guarded.

You are moving goal posts. You asked for evidence that static universe is more than just "not expanding". Even Einstein's universe is more than just "not expanding".
I mean, yes, cosmological models generally contain more information than simply "not expanding" but that's not really the context here. I was just pointing out that the phrase "static universe" doesn't refer to one which is spatially infinite by default.

Uranus: Real solitude spreads out into infinity
Moon: Like where you came from?

Uranus and the outers came from outer space. Their solitude is as infinite as the space they guarded.
He literally says "solitude" and what is meant by "like where we came from" is still referring to loneliness as is demonstrated by the text that comes after it:

"Real solitude spreads to infinity.
Like where we came from.
Tell me, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, what was it like where you three were stationed?
It was lonely."

Nothing in the text justifies the interpretation that they're referring to the size of space.

Look at the entire context. Uranus is shown staring into endless space. "Spreads out into infinity" is her referring to her station in outer space.
Spreads out into infinity is referring to the solitude. This is quite a reach, and I plainly do not accept this as evidence for an infinite universe.

Spreads out into infinity is referring to the solitude. This is quite a reach, and I plainly do not accept this as evidence for an infinite universe.
The single line alone isn't all the evidence. Engage with the entire context of the scene. Not just pulling apart one line.

Real solitude spreads out into infinity.
Like where you come from?

Proper grammatical reading will tell you that the "where" is being compared to their solitude: their station in outer space. And then shows Uranus looking at a wide empty sky by her self. "spreads out into infinity" only makes sense when you know that Uranus is from space.

And it's already been accepted as supporting evidence along with the static universe.

A static universe isn’t necessarily infinite in physical size, it’s just non-expanding.
We’ve already been through this. The universes in sailor moon are infinite and has already been accepted and debated upon. Make a crt, either than that. Focus on the actual content of this thread.

Disagree FRA
Also infinite universe =/= infinite universes.

You have been making weird sailormoon upgrades recently.
There is actually an exception to this, I think in our standards it can warrant at least a 2-A cosmology if there is stated to be a ”countless” number universes AND those universes are infinite. Though I don’t see that being relevant here

There is actually an exception to this, I think in our standards it can warrant at least a 2-A cosmology if there is stated to be a ”countless” number universes AND those universes are infinite. Though I don’t see that being relevant here
How does that affect what I said?
Whether the universe are infinite or not, an infinite number of them is 2-A regardless.
What is not 2-A is an infinite universe.

How does that affect what I said?
Whether the universe are infinite or not, an infinite number of them is 2-A regardless.
What is not 2-A is an infinite universe.
I don’t even think it’s necessarily infinite as a static universe doesn’t need to be spatially infinite, though I’ll make no mention of it further

In order to hold countless universes, as well as to present the time of these universes as a physical location, the corridor would require to have it's own dimensional axis.

Which part of the tiering system says this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back