• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 Sailor Moon Discussion Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator

And now: https://vsbattles.com/threads/sailor-moon-tier-one-the-ultimate-panacea.161779/
Basically, should we make a rule to not propose T1 SM without bringing new arguments to the table?

Last edited:
All these threads have new arguments! The last thread I posted has literally a brand new translation that even I have never seen before or posted. A new cosmology blog that I just created and for standards I have never argued for.

This is unwarranted and unacceptable abuse of power.

Well, this user is bringing new arguments to the table, they're just all not very good which is why it keeps getting rejected.

I am more inclined to think this user specifically should be told not to make Sailor Moon high tier upgrade threads anymore, given they are clearly going to try as many times as possible and aren't trying to view things objectively.

It's also been the case that this user is needlessly difficult and obstinate in discussions, not listening to any staff member who tells them when they're mistaken.

So a mod agrees that all the arguments aren’t the same. So what is the problem? Is there a rule that there is only a limited amount if upgrades a verse can try?

Every Sailor Moon thread gets filled with trolls.

I am being accused and called names over not agreeing with the staff.

I have broken no rules. I have zero warnings. What is the purpose of this thread other than a witch hunt?

This is an abuse if power.

I can't be around for too long, but how about something roughly like this (I'm open to suggestions)?
Do not try to upgrade the Sailor Moon cosmology to Tier 1 using arguments regarding the Corridor of Space-Time or hyperspaces which have been rejected in past threads (such as this, this, this, this, and this). There is not enough evidence one could use to deduce that the hyperspaces are significantly large dimensional spaces that would meet the requirements for qualitative superiority. In addition, the Corridor of Space-Time is not significantly or insignificantly 5-D for containing alternate dimensions while being a timeless void. The dimensions it contains show no evidence of being spatiotemporally separate (unlike other universal dimensions within the verse), and the corridor as a whole is consistently characterized as a feature of a single space-time, with statements such as "the space-time void," "the edge of space-time," "the depths of space-time," and "another region in space-time" pertaining to it.

If they're new arguments each time, I don't see the point in creating a discussion rule banning the topic.
In addition, I don't think we should ban entire topics over the behavior of a single user either.
It would be preferable to just deal with that specific user instead.

My apologies, I did not mean to imply you broke any rules.
By "deal with" in this context, I meant make a rule violation report, where that claim could be properly investigated.
Lets make a rule to stop a user from making threads because i dont like his arguments is a gross abuse of power. The investigation should be on the mods pushing this.

Lets make a rule to stop a user from making threads because i dont like his arguments is a gross abuse of power. The investigation should be on the mods pushing this.
Once a report is made, both sides will naturally be considered, and if the report seems to be in bad faith, that would be investigated as well.
I doubt though that Maverick would do this with malice. There is more likely some kind of misunderstanding or simpler disagreement.

In any case, I would implore you to calm down and be patient.

Nothing has been decided on yet. This thread has not been approved, and you have not been punished nor officially ruled as having done anything wrong. We should wait for further input. If you believe you have done nothing wrong, then I'm certain people will recognize that when they join the discussion.

Once a report is made, both sides will naturally be considered, and if the report seems to be in bad faith, that would be investigated as well.
I doubt though that Maverick would do this with malice. There is more likely some kind of misunderstanding or simpler disagreement.

In any case, I would implore you to calm down and be patient.

Nothing has been decided on yet. This thread has not been approved, and you have not been punished nor officially ruled as having done anything wrong. We should wait for further input. If you believe you have done nothing wrong, then I'm certain people will recognize that when they join the discussion.
Alright! Thank you! I will follow your advice.

I have broken no rules. I have zero warnings. What is the purpose of this thread other than a witch hunt?
Nobody said you did.... what? This isn't the RVR so idk why you keep mentioning warnings and rules.

Besides, what is currently in the OP is a general proposal. Although, frankly, I tend to agree with Deagon. If it is a single user pumping out lots of low quality threads on the same topic, staff should probably focus more on the individual.

Also Idk how this is an "abuse of power," its literally basic moderation. If the consensus is that, even after four attempts at making a CRT on the same topic, the quality of the CRTs hasn't gone up... steps should be taken to prevent staff from needlessly evaluating any future CRTs that are also going to very likely be rejected due to poor arguments. Please do not think that this is people ganging up on you specifically... this has been the precedence with CRTs and with calculations.

And like bruv... "abuse of power" really? even from your perspective that should be an exagerration lol like.... its a battle boarding site not Ancient Rome.

@Maverick_Zero_X you should probably change this:
without bringing new arguments to the table?

If they're new arguments each time, I don't see the point in creating a discussion rule banning the topic.
In addition, I don't think we should ban entire topics over the behavior of a single user either.
It would be preferable to just deal with that specific user instead.
There is nothing new under the sun; all arguments, with recycled evidence, attempt to circumvent past rejections by masquerading as novel, despite the unchanged premise

I don't see the difference at all. I support the discussion rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back