• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saber(Fate/Stay Night) VS Brunhild Eiktobel(To Aru)

Both side start without being hurt or weakened,Saber starts with enough mana and Avalon connected,Brunhild Eiktobel starts with 70% Gungnir Replica equiped.

Battlefield:The date should allow Brunhild Eiktobel to maximum her Valkyrie power,as her weakest day would be as weak as an ordinary human,and if she is not at good form,she may not able to defeat Mikoto.

I think this time would be ok.

Hmm, this is an interesting one. Brunhild looks like a dangerous opponent. Speed should probably be equalized since she's much faster than Saber and even her precog won't be able to keep up

Brunhild's magic runes would normally mess with people, but seeing the high magic resistance Saber has, I doubt it would work.

Now Brunhild's Gungnir could pose a problem due to the ability for breaking weapons that come in contact with it. If I recall correctly, Balmung was a human-made sword while Excalibur is a Divine Construct, so I'm not sure if Brunhild will be able to destroy it that easily.

Also I'm seeing that Brunhild is weak against stabbing attacks and the like, against a sword user this can prove pretty dangerous. Also Excalibur's blast is highly dangerous since it destroys down to atoms.

Also Saber has the double advantages of Avalon, the passive healing and the active protection. The healing won't be interrupted by Brunhild's runes for reasons stated above and you can't really do anything about the active effect.

All in all, I believe Saber should win this if speed is equalized, she'll get destroyed if not. Anyone who's an expert on Brunhild or her verse, or Norse mythology for that matter, is welcomed to give an input here.

Saber gets destroyed badly with speed unequalised. Equalised I'd still go with Brunhild due to the difference in AP, and Sabers crap durability.

I don't think this speed advantage is enough to defeat Saber,as Saber has A rank instinct,which works when facing faster opponents such as Lancer and Assassin.

And their speed are almost at same level.I don't think balance is necessary.We should know almost all the To Aru mid-high level battles are at that speed,including Brunhild VS Mikoto.

For the weapon,as Gungnir Replica is only 70%,not finished,I think it's not enough to damage Excalibur,but won't be damaged either.And that's the reason why I don't choose Kaori as Saber's opponent,as her katana is clearly weaker than Excalibur and would gradually damage in combat.

^Lancer is faster than Saber yes, but nowhere near MHS combat speeds. Saber will get dismantled with unequalized speed.

Isn't this a bit of a stomp? Saber is physically Mountain level, while Brunhild is Island level. Without speed equalized Burnhild has overall stats advantage and a bigger array of attacks with Gungnir. Not to mention that Saber will have to use her prana to keep up and survive against her, growing weaker over time. Meanwhile, a few hours into the fight Brunhild will have finished the Final Rune, becoming much stronger and getting an inexhaustible supply of power as Gungnir starts to draw the magic of all the planet for her use. Brunhild wins this one, equalized speed or not, since the only issue would be Avalon, and Saber can't stay there indefinitely.

Unrelated, but considering that Shichiten Shichitou with Yuisen has clashed with Brunhild's incomplete Gungnir, Misha Kreutzev, Aqua of the Back and Curtana Original without being damaged in any significant way (And Curtana Original Dimensional Slash is very superior to Excalibur's blow), I highly doubt that it will get gradually damaged by Excalibur.

Pretty generous to think it'd go for a few hours i'd say, unless Saber just abuses avalon, which she won't, shes going to go in close combat and get destroyed. I do think this is a stomp.

Avalon is pretty meh because she can't attack while using it.

The thing is, Saber won't just activate Avalon and turtle there. She'll use it to bypass the strong attacks, draining Brunhild and leaving openings. Sure she won't abuse it but offsetting a couple of attacks will prove dangerous especially since Brunhild is weak to stabbing attacks and Excalibur also atomizes.

True her durability is lacking but that can be balanced by her precog. Seeming that Brunhild doesn't use any particularly comples fighting style, the precog should have no problems keeping up.

This is all considering the speed is equalized, if not, Saber is lolstomped horribly.

She's weak to being stabbed but as I understand it, she needs to actually get stabbed first. not too sure I didn't read her sidestory either, though if this is the case she isn't getting stabbed with her dura being way above saber AP.

still think this is a stomp. Saber can literally not cross swords with brunhild once in this fight or she will die.

But if even Brunhild's speed could cause problem to Saber,so can Kaori,then Saber's suitable opponent can only be Mikoto or lower.Even Mikoto can withstand such combat speed.

The "weakness" to stabbing, crosses and thorns listed for Toaru's Saints is something minor. As the verse page notes, this weakness is not something big, and is usually inconsequential since Saints are aware of it and take measures against it. As proof, Saints have fought other magicians and each other with swords multiple times, and it has never came up that way, it's that minor. The only times it has been brought up has been with Stab Sword (a hypothetical anti-Saint conceptual weapon that turned out to not exist) and with Acqua, whose Saint weaknesses are increased because of how much power he derives from his Saint side. As proof, the Saint Destroyer, which is stated to only be an annoyance to Saints by paralyzing them for a few seconds, cause Acqua to self-destruct, leaving lasting injuries and weakening him for days. And you have to also consider that since Brunhild is not a pure Saint, her Saint weakness will be even more inconsequential unless the battle takes palce during a time where her powers are 100% Saint and 0% Valkyrie, which isn't the case here due to her wielding Brunhild in this battle.

Brunhild can overpower her Excalibur blasts, which are her only hope of damaging her significantly, while Saber will struggle to parry a normal blow from Brunhild. Plus, as both are in character and Avalon is sort of Saber's trump card, she's unlikely to star the battle using it or Excalibur. The likely turn of events are that Saber and Brundhild charge each other, with Brunhild trying to use some minor weather manipulation attacks at the same time. Then two things can happen:

a) Saber is quickly overwhelmed and killed by the stronger Brunhild in close combat

b) Saber manages to survive the initial clash and realize she's outmatched, thus she begins to use her Noble Phantasms, slowly using her energy to keep up. Depending on how quickly she expends it, she may last until Brunhild gets even stronger by finishing the inscription of the Final Rune. But she's still outmatched and will very likely die.

I think this is obviously a stomp.

Indeed, the weaknesses seem like a pretty minor thing. I even forgot that stabbing weakness was apart of the weaknesses saints are dealt with. don't even think this is heard of again since Acqua's defeat? I knew about the thorns and crucifixion but all of them really aren't utilized in fights against or between saints at all.

Well if it is that minor someone should probably note that on her page, got me misled lol.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna retract my opinion for now, I'll think this over and come again. Just for reference, I just noticed Brunhild has weather manipulating attacks which for some reason I missed earlier. How strong are they exactly and is there any fight in manga/anime where she displays her power just to better gauge them?

Then Saber's opponent has to be Mikoto,as almost all the characters above her in To Aru are already attempted.Kaori defeated Brunhild,so if Brunhild is considered as stomp for Saber,so does Kaori.Then between a saint and Biribiri……may be Touma?!Or Leivinia Birdway?(I exclude her because of Saber's magic resistance.If the opponent is Archer or someone else with lower magic resistance,I believe Leivinia Birdway would be ok.)

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/425322

Back