• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Not the same continuity though right?
Yeah, just making sure that there isn't anything. And to answer your question apparently one of the writers of Heroes and Huntsmen called the movie canon adjacent which, if you want to go by the definition of adjacent, means it takes place next to the timeline but isn't referenced in the show or anything. Or at least, that's how I see it.

Its not the mainline continuity no, this version of Ruby is from an alternate universe where she has canonically experienced all of those things
You know at the rate that the comic crossover is going, do you think that Team RWBY might qualify for profiles based off the comic crossover? I am aware that we currently have a, what was it?, a 20 issue apperance requirement or some crap like that but I think there's enough material even with five issues to consider them having profiles.

You know at the rate that the comic crossover is going, do you think that Team RWBY might qualify for profiles based off the comic crossover? I am aware that we currently have a, what was it?, a 20 issue apperance requirement or some crap like that but I think there's enough material even with five issues to consider them having profiles.
They would yes

We have a statement?

You've recently launched RWBY Vol 9. How was it figuring out where this movie takes place within the series' timeline?

It had been fairly straightforward. I can't say exactly where it is. Otherwise, it might give some spoilers away, but we had a few places that we talked to Meghan about where we thought it could fit pretty well. We're referring to this movie as "canon-adjacent," which we do for a few of our properties. Everything about it is pretty canon. The characters are going to act as they should. It just means we're probably not going to reference their run-in with Wonder Woman later in the series.

It's meant to be our characters at certain instances. That's why we call it "canon-adjacent." After you watch it, I think you'll know where this fits in, and some things make more sense, like why is Yang in her classic outfit with her robotic arm? With that, I think a lot of people thought we were being lazy or made a mistake, but as you watch it, you'll find out that was very intentional and a part of where it's at.

If anyone wants to ask about how the VTuber Ruby experience was, I can answer your questions.
I guess I wanted to know how they asked Ruby/Lindsay Jones questions, like did they give everyone in the crowd a chance to ask a question or did they read off any questions that the Twitter RWBY account asked the fans to send it?

I guess I wanted to know how they asked Ruby/Lindsay Jones questions, like did they give everyone in the crowd a chance to ask a question or did they read off any questions that the Twitter RWBY account asked the fans to send it?
As long as you raised your hand, the guy controlling the mic would choose you. At most, there was like a crowd of thirty people around the station.

You've recently launched RWBY Vol 9. How was it figuring out where this movie takes place within the series' timeline?

It had been fairly straightforward. I can't say exactly where it is. Otherwise, it might give some spoilers away, but we had a few places that we talked to Meghan about where we thought it could fit pretty well. We're referring to this movie as "canon-adjacent," which we do for a few of our properties. Everything about it is pretty canon. The characters are going to act as they should. It just means we're probably not going to reference their run-in with Wonder Woman later in the series.

It's meant to be our characters at certain instances. That's why we call it "canon-adjacent." After you watch it, I think you'll know where this fits in, and some things make more sense, like why is Yang in her classic outfit with her robotic arm? With that, I think a lot of people thought we were being lazy or made a mistake, but as you watch it, you'll find out that was very intentional and a part of where it's at.
So basically a more haxed (less powerful) version of my Ruby from my crossover AU

I was looking back at this calc for the bomb and decided that the high end calc made the most sense, which is that Mantle in its entirety would be destroyed. This is supported by Marrow saying that Ironwood is bluffing with the WHOLE city, and Ironwood saying that Mantle would just be straight up gone when the bomb dropped. What do you all think?

I was looking back at this calc for the bomb and decided that the high end calc made the most sense, which is that Mantle in its entirety would be destroyed. This is supported by Marrow saying that Ironwood is bluffing with the WHOLE city, and Ironwood saying that Mantle would just be straight up gone when the bomb dropped. What do you all think?
Bumping this for feedback

You know what I also noticed? When the God of Descruction blasts both Salem and Ozma in chapter 6, Ozma gets poofed away while Salem is just fine. Like, she tanks that attack. And it isn’t like the GoD is like being selective when he chooses to attack. When he wiped out humanity, he included Salem in the blast even though she was immortal and couldn’t die, which he knew. I will admit that he also didn’t really affect the landscape though.

You know what I also noticed? When the God of Descruction blasts both Salem and Ozma in chapter 6, Ozma gets poofed away while Salem is just fine. Like, she tanks that attack. And it isn’t like the GoD is like being selective when he chooses to attack. When he wiped out humanity, he included Salem in the blast even though she was immortal and couldn’t die, which he knew. I will admit that he also didn’t really affect the landscape though.
While I agree Salem tanked it, that what Type 8 Immortality and arguably High Goldly Regeneration will do, but Ozma wasn't alive during that time. Not like he'd survive anyway but he literally was already dead.

There is no before she had regen. Unless you mean before meeting the gods. Its her curse of immortality that gives her that. Hence the infinite life and not being erased from existence from the Pools of Annihilation and Destruction.
I’m talking about when she covered Ozpin’s body when the GoD spit a flame at her. Like, right before she turned immortal.

Also, VTuber Ruby was able to eat a cookie through a screen. Like, the presenter of the event gave Ruby a cookie and she took a bite. Then, the cookie had a bite out of it in the real world. She also mentioned walking around Texas as well. What dimensional tier would this be since she is interacting with our own reality?

Guys would you agree with me that Ascension for humans is basically Enlightenment?

"It has the western connotation of a sudden insight into a transcendental truth or reality. The concept of spiritual enlightenment has become synonymous with self-realization, or the recognition of the true self, regarded as the essence of being, and the seeing through of the false self, the layers of social conditioning which overcover the true self"

And how Ruby basically went through a Ego Death

"Ego death is a "complete loss of subjective self-identity", In death and rebirth mythology, ego death is a phase of self-surrender and transition"

I may be reading too much into this, but these are my ideas."

Back