• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So now that three staff members have given the okay to at least the town scaling (since FineLogic only said town) what is there to do?

Got it. But this is probably the biggest power revision RWBY had in a while, right?

Honestly, I don't think it'll actually affect RWBY matchups that much.

The biggest takeaway I got from doing this is that RWBY characters can tank blunt force trauma and explosions without their aura pretty well. Like, when Weiss got blasted by Cinder, that was a town-level blast she took without her shield. While RWBY characters become vulnerable to being stabbed and shot without aura, they aren't out of the fight. Thus, it can kinda be like a second-half bar for them, albeit much weaker because they can't use their semblance.

Out of all of Team RWBY, Yang is probably the best suited to keep fighting without her semblance. Her fighting style has evolved to be much more about dodging attacks and waiting for the right opportunity to strike, and her prosthetic arm can act as a sorta impromptu shield like how she blocked Adam's moon slices.

It only affects RWBY matchups in the sense that they can only fight Low 7-B characters, and aren't limited in that goddamned 8-A AP/Dura chain, which forces them to only fight people above them.

Using my memory, the 250 Tons that 8-A RWBY uses comes from a grimm that was three-shotted by Weiss's summon, which was then one-shotted by Vernal, whom, if I recall, is weaker than Team RWBY & JNPR (P is for Oscar), who got dealed with pretty easily by the Ace Ops.

Honestly, you bringing this into attention with this CRT helps reduce this AP chain by a lot.

Honestly, if a character also uses blasts as part of their arsenal, like Bakugo then the person without aura could still probably take a hit or too, depending on how strong the former is.

Maybe, not sure. Should probably message a mod in a bit about asking if they can look at this thread and possibly give their okay.

We will figure it out when people start making Low 7-B RWBY matches... Oh, ye, if this CRT gets the one more approval it needs, Yang can fight Garou. Heh.
I think Garou would still stomp lol. Dude can take a shit load of punishment and is extremely skilled.

I've discussed this off site with Weekly.

As much as it pains me to agree with this, I don't really have any counterarguments since making Maidens equal to the regular cast in AP isn't a scaling problem, it's a narrative problem. My original argument was if anyone of relevance can fight Maidens then why are they special? But like, that wouldn't refute the multiple times Maidens have fought regular people so whatever.

I'm in agreement with the CRT.

At least they are still untouchable in my crossover au as the group only downscale massively from someone who is 4 times weaker then a maiden and he is only that strong as he got a zenki boost from almost dying

anyways I agree with this as well clearly

I've discussed this off site with Weekly.

As much as it pains me to agree with this, I don't really have any counterarguments since making Maidens equal to the regular cast in AP isn't a scaling problem, it's a narrative problem. My original argument was if anyone of relevance can fight Maidens then why are they special? But like, that wouldn't refute the multiple times Maidens have fought regular people so whatever.

I'm in agreement with the CRT.
But is it a narrative issue if the fact no one knew the maidens existed and because of that no one could train to become stronger then them? Like how in other series characters train to surpass others who were thought to be untouchable

At least they are still untouchable in my crossover au as the group only downscale massively from someone who is 4 times weaker then a maiden and he is only that strong as he got a zenki boost from almost dying

anyways I agree with this as well clearly
Heh, ngl, DBZ x RWBY sounds rad.

So, I suppose we got enough votes to apply this to profiles?

But is it a narrative issue if the fact no one knew the maidens existed and because of that no one could train to become stronger then them? Like how in other series characters train to surpass others who were thought to be untouchable
Off topic, but it's a narrative issue because then Maidens wouldn't need to exist in the plot. If you could just be as strong as one, why even have them? What purpose do they serve? Why are they there?

Also yeah you have enough votes.

Off topic, but it's a narrative issue because then Maidens wouldn't need to exist in the plot. If you could just be as strong as one, why even have them? What purpose do they serve? Why are they there?

Also yeah you have enough votes.
I don’t think anyone here is saying that any RWBY character is as directly strong as one. They are just strong enough not to get immediately folded by them in a fight. That’s why we are downscaling the main cast for them. And as explained before, maidens are dangerous because of the amount of magic bullshit they can throw around. Dealing with basically a mini avatar is extremely tough. This is even more so when someone like Cinder has these powers, as she was already extremely skilled before.

The main argument with all this is that it is impressive that Team RWBY is able to at least HURT the maidens, take massive hits from them, and keep up in a fight. Again, they can’t beat them, but are at least able to hold their own.

I am willing to do the profiles of Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Oscar. And possibly more, if nobody has the time.
This is the first time that I’m doing this, so I’m not sure how this goes. I’m willing to take some of the work though for Team RWBY themselves. I’d just need someone to like make sure I’m doing it right.

Does this sound right to you?

Ruby Rose (Low 7-B)

AP: City Level:
(Has gotten much stronger than before, able to defeat the best huntsmen and huntresses in Atlas with her team, downscales from maidens such as Cinder due to scaling to Weiss), higher with gravity dust, her Silver eyes ignore the durability of Grimm.

Durability: City Level: (Can take blows from Cinder), higher with aura and dust.

Doesn’t seem I’m needed but I was asked to look over the OP. I don’t see anything too controversial with the scaling. Yeah, RWBY seems prone to outliers but personally, I don’t think this is one of them.

Alright, I've done the Maidens (minus Amber), Ace-Ops, Salem, Hazel, Tyrian, Watts, Neo, Ironwood, Qrow, Glynda, and updated the verse page. All that should be left is RWBY, JNOR, Mercury and Emerald.

Though one thing to point out, we have a page for Robyn made here. She's Low 7-B too, right? Since the justification on her page already is keeping up with Yang and Blake and knocking out Tyrian.

Does this sound right to you?

Ruby Rose (Low 7-B)

AP: City Level:
(Has gotten much stronger than before, able to defeat the best huntsmen and huntresses in Atlas with her team, downscales from maidens such as Cinder due to scaling to Weiss), higher with gravity dust, her Silver eyes ignore the durability of Grimm.

Durability: City Level: (Can take blows from Cinder), higher with aura and dust.
Should also mention that she was able to partially restrain Maiden Penny alongside the rest of her team

Alright, I've done the Maidens (minus Amber), Ace-Ops, Salem, Hazel, Tyrian, Watts, Neo, Ironwood, Qrow, Glynda, and updated the verse page. All that should be left is RWBY, JNOR, Mercury and Emerald.

Though one thing to point out, we have a page for Robyn made here. She's Low 7-B too, right? Since the justification on her page already is keeping up with Yang and Blake and knocking out Tyrian.
She would be yes

Possibly like Yang, Elm, and Hazel. Since they are like the big bruisers of the show.
I mean, team rwby and co were able to restrain penny when the virus took over her mind, and Harriet was able to physically rip off one of her swords

I mean, team rwby and co were able to restrain penny when the virus took over her mind, and Harriet was able to physically rip off one of her swords
Sure then. But might have to get three mods to specifically approve that.

Back