• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I believe that Team RWBY can be scaled to around town level to low city level using feats mainly in V8, going off their final fight with Cinder.

For starters, let's look at how Weiss held up against Cinder. It has been stated in outside material that Weiss is the "mage" of the group. Thus, her defenses are lower than that of Team RWBY. However, at the 12:12 mark of the fight, Cinder uses her fire powers to blow up Weiss and Jaune.

As seen in this V9 clip, around the 00:23 mark, Weiss is alive and well, even after falling into the void.

This calculation shows that Cinder's fire attacks have an AP of around 6.1 Kilotons, around town level. Again, Weiss is noted to be the frailest of the team, yet can tank an attack from her and still live without her aura even on. Thus, it makes sense to scale the rest of Team RWBY to this durability feat, especially the team's tank, Yang.

Speaking of Yang, I believe we can also scale her somewhat to Neo's durability feat of being in the heart magic bomb in episode 9.

Here is the clip of the nuke going off.

Here's the calc of Monstra being created, which is around 10.1 megatons. The last time we see Neo in the episode where the nuke goes off, she's still in the whale. Indeed, in the aftermath, we see her skip along the wreckage without any damage on her on the 00:48 mark. Thus, she was right in the line of fire of when the magic nuke went off. While Neo is a very skilled fighter, she exhibits the around the same strength and speed as Team RWBY. Ruby herself was able to land a few hits on her in their final fight of V8, even though she was mostly outclassed. Thus, we could possibly even put Team RWBY at Small City Level in terms of durability.

In terms of AP, Team RWBY could also reach small city by how Winter could harm Cinder in their fight in V7.

In this fight, Winter was able to do visible damage to Cinder by pushing her back with manticore ice blasts. More importantly, she was able to cut off Cinder's arm at the 5:05 mark. While the grimm arm has been noted to not be protected by aura, as seen in this post, even those without it can tank massive amounts of damage.

The higher tier grimm are also extremely durable on their own, like how the Wyvern could casually break apart an entire mountain without any damage. As Salem's number two, it is reasonable to say that Salem would have given her a grimm arm with increased durability to better fulfill her missions. The rest of Team RWBY can also scale to Winter's feat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPa8k7Csh6U

At 26:27 here, we see that Weiss can hold her own and even get the better of Winter during their training sessions. Along with the fact that Team RWBY trained for weeks on end in V7 with the best huntsmen in Atlas, and then BEAT them, it is very simple to state that Team RWBY's overall AP has increased to match the top-tier normal fighters of the setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjiRH2PA-m8

Again, Team RWBY has not beaten a maiden, they can hold their own. Indeed, in their scuffle with Cinder, they were shown to be at least able to contend with her at the 00:40 mark. Weiss herself is able to hold off Cinder without her aura from 8:10 to 8:52. Thus, they should be able to downgrade from maiden feats.

Let me know what you all think. I think what I've gathered here gives a good case for the upgrade.

Edit: I would also like to thank @WeeklyBattles for his help constructing these arguments as well.

Last edited:
I agree with making the main cast Low 7-B.

You presented a good argument for this to apply to the cast, and the fact that there are multiple showings of other characters keeping up with Maiden!Cinder means that there isn't really a cast of those feats being outliners, plus, to my knowledge, having character explicitly train to get stronger makes your case stronger as well.

Sure, I might be wrong since sometimes powerscaling is "off" in RWBY at times, but I don't think this is the case here.

Anybody have anything else to say?

Agree, everything seems good. Only confused part is Weiss living through Cinder’s attack with no aura since that should not happen lol.

Agree, everything seems good. Only confused part is Weiss living through Cinder’s attack with no aura since that should not happen lol.
I think it’s like the same sort of durability with like Spider Man. He’s able to take blunt force trauma and explosions well, but gun shots and stabbings will still kill him. Most people who’ve died with their aura down in RWBY were stabbed. Adam, Penny, Sienna Khan, and almost Weiss.

This is my first time doing a CRT. How many people do I need to agree to this upgrade before it becomes official?

Reading this over, I guess I agree. As was said, we’ve had multiple characters somewhat keep up with Maiden Cinder for it to be an outlier.

Reading this over, I guess I agree. As was said, we’ve had multiple characters somewhat keep up with Maiden Cinder for it to be an outlier.
It's also not like Cinder is no-selling their attacks too. As seen with Winter in their first fight, Cinder can get hurt by their strikes. Blake's double-face kick is another example. It's just that Cinder is an extremely skilled fighter who has a whole lot more options in a fight than others.

If Yang just decked her in the mouth and she just tanked it, that would be a different story. But, again, it's been shown that if one can land a good hit on a maiden, it'll hurt.

Like how the Ace-Ops managed to keep Maiden Penny on the defensive during their fight in V8. Mind you, Penny is a robot who can't feel pain on top of being a maiden, yet here she's been visibly pushed around by coordinated attacks by the same team Team RWBY beat at the end of V7.

I agree, but what value would they scale to for low 7-B, exactly?
Lowballing would be matching Cinder’s town fire ball feat and the basis of them surviving it. High balling would be them surviving the nuke. I don’t know the exact medium range they’d be in.

Lowballing would be matching Cinder’s town fire ball feat and the basis of them surviving it. High balling would be them surviving the nuke. I don’t know the exact medium range they’d be in.
I mean, the 6.1 kiloton feat is nowhere near Low 7-B so it's irrelevant.
Baseline via downscaling, if I recall correctly. So 1 Megaton.
After looking at the calc and realizing that the maidens would be 1/5 of the 7-B feat (so about 2-3.2 megatons each), backscaling from this to Baseline Low 7-B seems about right.

I mean, the 6.1 kiloton feat is nowhere near Low 7-B so it's irrelevant.

After looking at the calc and realizing that the maidens would be 1/5 of the 7-B feat (so about 2-3.2 megatons each), backscaling from this to Baseline Low 7-B seems about right.
Nice nice.

So wait. For the Maidens we split them between base and Maiden form. If this goes through, do we change Cinder and the others to Low 7-B higher with Maiden powers, or does their base not change and they stay at 8-A?

Cause that kinda wouldn’t make sense if RWBY and others become Low 7-B while Cinder and other Maidens are still at 8-A unless using Maiden powers.

Last edited:
Yeah I would assume once a maiden surpass the power of the maiden powers, they are still stronger with the maiden powers of course

Back