• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY CRT Part 2: Oscar scaling

I didn’t even say anything 😭 I was informing you guys that I’d have to explain it tomorrow cause I’m tired.

I was just waiting on more responses in general. Curry explained her points in discord to me but I’d rather her tell it.

Lowkey im not gonna stick around in RWBY threads abt this anymore so dont expect another reply but none of the main cast should scale to Ozpins shield (one of the top tiers in the verse thats using coveted magic that none of the main cast have access to) when the blast killed Monstra AND Hazel (Who is far more durable than the main cast as we saw).
And Oscar told Yang and friends to clear away so they werent killed with it. The shield has never confirmed to have been broken as of yet, no matter how much this wiki wants to headcanon Cinder breaking it outright in V3 which was not seen.

As for Neo, she was in another part of the Whale clearly, cause theres no way she would no-sell the blast as if shes extremely far more durable than any of the main cast.

And Salem clearly is not as durable as any of the other characters, since we see her get torn apart easily (She doesnt have aura as part Grimm), which is why she relies on her immortality and high regen. The main cast being able to damage her should NOT be any reason

Please stop tryna overhype this verse and scale the main cast to the otherworldy magic power that this show tries to distinguish from semblances and aura and the like

So yh, disagree

Please stop tryna overhype this verse and scale the main cast to the otherworldy magic power that this show tries to distinguish from semblances and aura and the like
Don't think anyone is doing that, the non maiden tier or above cast which means all the huntsmen and such are only 8-B after all for now until better things present themself but no one is scaling the cast to maidens or salem and I don't believe that's what the crt is proposing. Ultimately the tone of the post is just unnecessary ya could just make a regular post instead to sum up your thoughts 🤷

Pretty sure the only thing its proposing is scaling to oscars 8-B+ feat he has which isn't a big jump

I'm not arguing this crt stuff here at all tho but wanted to speak on that part

Don't think anyone is doing that, the non maiden tier or above cast which means all the huntsmen and such are only 8-B after all for now until better things present themself but no one is scaling the cast to maidens or salem and I don't believe that's what the crt is proposing. Ultimately the tone of the post is just unnecessary ya could just make a regular post instead to sum up your thoughts 🤷

Pretty sure the only thing its proposing is scaling to oscars 8-B+ feat he has which isn't a big jump

What's the 8-B feat again? I thought his was 7-c from the shield tanking the blast?

What's the 8-B feat again? I thought his was 7-c from the shield tanking the blast?
The Oscars shield thing 8-B+ its like only 3x higher than the current 8-B they have right now

The blast was with the long memory, but his shield tanked it either way. We use inverse square root and surface area to calc how much the shield actually took.
What I am saying is that the cast should scale to this.

if you agree that the case should scale to the island hole feat, this is similar, but in terms of durability. Oscar’s magic can barely effect Salem while Yang’s bombs can blow a hole in her chest.

Them being 60 tons is absolutely not at all what the thread was about, it was absolutely about them being low 7-B, but if it switched to 60 tons somehow, I’m fine with that one. Them being higher into 8-B after being 8-B for like 8 volumes makes a ton of sense.

Them being 60 tons is absolutely not at all what the thread was about, it was absolutely about them being low 7-B, but if it switched to 60 tons somehow, I’m fine with that one. Them being higher into 8-B after being 8-B for like 8 volumes makes a ton of sense.
yeah that was my mistake this whole time I only saw the one 60 ton oscar calc and didn't know he had a low 7-B one so that's my bad there but regardless my original point still stands that Jinx's whole post or rather the rude tone was very out of line especially for a mostly dead crt lol. I don't think they should scale to something low 7-B personally but we do need to do the crt for queen lancer to get its 8-A back since losing it previously was a mistake from a misunderstanding of the feat. No one has had the time to make it yet tho... I'll probably try to this weekend

I think even rereading it with other interpretations I don’t agree with it being 8-A. I can understand what you meant with your other comment with the person, and glad you agree too low 7-B from that probably shouldn’t be the case. Let’s just wait for the future and see how team Rwby does against Cinder next time.

I think even rereading it with other interpretations I don’t agree with it being 8-A. I can understand what you meant with your other comment with the person, and glad you agree too low 7-B from that probably shouldn’t be the case. Let’s just wait for the future and see how team Rwby does against Cinder next time.
the queen lancer thing isn't really an interpretation thing its literally just 8-A we just misunderstood what the calc itself was in its entirety in the downgrade CRT. A single explosion was 8-A we thought in the crt a combined blast was 8-A but that wasn't what the actual calc was representing and in the crt we did agree that at least one explosion blew up on it but since we though it was overall 8-A and not individually we misunderstood it in its entirety so this would actually be 8-A

The single explosion isn’t. It’s 8-C (per explosive). It would need to be a combination of explosions to be 8-A, and none of the ways you can slice that would be 8-A versus a multitude of 8-C explosions. We don’t treat two 8-C punches hitting you at once as additional so why do it for explosives when that would be the same thing. They are different explosions.

The single explosion isn’t. It’s 8-C (per explosive). It would need to be a combination of explosions to be 8-A, and none of the ways you can slice that would be 8-A versus a multitude of 8-C explosions.
and this is what you're not understanding the literal calc itself is representing that a single case by itself was 8-A. Rusty has said as much (he also literally did the calc) and Chariot agreed to that, this is what the CRT misunderstood. We thought it was representing that the overall thing was 8-A not that a single case was 8-A, literally just a fundamental misunderstanding of the calc itself

But what makes up the crate is 8-C explosives. I still don’t see from both last crt to this one why they would add together when literally no other form of attack on this site does.

But what makes up the crate is 8-C explosives. I still don’t see from both last crt to this one why they would add together when literally no other form of attack on this site does.
dawg no literally a crate, 1 single crate is 8-A. That's what the calc is for, the yield of 1 single crate. That's what Rusty is saying here

"I feel like there is confusion regarding the calc. People seem to think all of the cases exploding was 8-A, which is wrong. A single case is worth 8-A, I didn't know how to factor in those multiple explosions. The Queen Lancer wouldn't even scale to the full explosive energy of all the cases combined."

Back