• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Spawn888?useskin=oasis

This guy is going to be a problem. I will blatantly admit that I reacted poorly here, however this user is blatantly someone who doesn't csre for the rules and regulations here and as he say "will follow his own rules and commands". This all started because I told him to

A) Not quote large blocks of text.

B) To make a CRT to get changes to files performed

Thread in question. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3391185?useskin=oasis#65

Dragon, with all due respect, do that stuff immediately at the sign that someone decides to act that way to you and not bother listening'

Typing paragraphs in response to someone getting a kick out of you is the absolute worst way to approach that behavior.

Someone acts like that again, come here immediately.

I literally just noted thst I reacted poorly here? I know where I ****** up already. It's not I am lacking any self awareness for my actions and how I am as a person who gets pissed off at stuff like that.

I'm well aware you noted it, I'm just instructing you for future times this happened. Not exactly the easiest thing to remember when someone is talking to you that way.

He also changed GOW profiles without a CRT before

And refusing simple instructions and stubbornly disobeying rules for no reason like this makes me feel like he's in need of a ban

I agree with firing Stonehenge
Schneegif.gif

I don't mind that all that much tbh, ignoring rules and instructions is still a big problem tho

I agree. Ignoring rules and warnings is a big problem. His mentality is obviously that of someone who won't listen and need an appropiate punishment. So we should ban him.

@ElixirBlue You can find the main rules here.

@The Calaca Thank you! I've been wandering the site for awhile and keep getting distracted by discussions forums. This site is great! I love reading the threads and learning new insights on great characters.

But, uh, I'm going to read the rules. I don't want unnecessarily piss someone off due to ignorance.

I've seen people worse than Spawn, but I do agree he sounds problematic in regards to ignoring basic rules. I can agree with a block, but how long should it be?

Two weeks seems like too little if he is going around changing statistics as he wishes and is repeatedly mocking staff members.

Has somebody undone all of his profile edits btw?

He hasn't done that recently; plus it was months ago when he changed statistics ratings. He was already warned about that. But the reason he was banned was just being rude to people who disagreed with him and insulting the wiki. The mention of his few vandalism incidents was just a back up to his history.

I'm alright, if people think his ban should be extended.

I reverted his most recent edits, but they weren't as severe as I thought.

@Medeus

Well, I still think that 2 months seems more appropriate than 2 weeks, if he is proudly repeatedly stating that he is going to disrespect all staff instructions.

Ive interacted with spawn in the past and does seem to harbor some rather deep dislike of the wiki. He once stated that alucard (hellsing) had immortality based on soul destruction I pointed out that it was considered fannon/not accepted on this wiki and that he'd need to create a crt to have it changed.

He made some random claims about his crt never passing on this flawed wiki. Called me ignorant for refusing to watch/read the original series and seemed rather irate I wouldn't debate with things not on the profile. He only seemed more annoyed when I pointed out that's how this site functions....

In the end I don't think he's overly malevolent but I do think the possibility exist for him to cause issues in the future so I'm fine with the two month ban but on his return I recommend a close watch due to his past behaviors and his seeming dislike for the wiki on the whole.

Edit Know its mostly set but I thought Id share my experiences/thoughts on the matter sorry to intrude!

This user is purposely derailing this thread.

Yes, maybe I was too rude from the beginning. But it wasn't a matter of my personal opinion, all I did was call him out on starting a pointless conflict on a place that had nothing to do with it. And he keeps going...

You were definitely rude with that "dumbass" comment. As for him, a warning might be needed but given that he wasn't being rude to users before being provoked and his comments before that consisted of talking smack of a verse, or derailing, which are relatively minor things I don't anything more is required

This guy needs a warning, he's constantly bumping severely outdated matches from Omega Shenron's profiles that were made over 3 years ago despite me telling him to stop bumping matches that are not only old, but are outdated given the numerous revisions that's happened over the years.

I'd say Beebo does actually have significant feats (such as digging out of Hell with his bare paws for a month without food, water, or rest and still having the strength to burst out of the ground).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back