• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigSmoke4269 said:
Are Newgrounds profiles such as Beebo allowed? I was thinking of making a profile (for beebo himself) but I was wondering if it's allowed and came here to check.

Here's a playlist of Beebo's...adventures.

Quick warning, Beebo is pretty...err...vulgar. If you are a child, you should NOT watch this.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL834590AF0116ED6A
Maaaybe you should make a different thread for this. That's just my opinion.

It is better to discuss this elsewhere, yes.

In short, no. Newgrounds profiles shouldn't be allowed.

You can ask on a different thread.

More importantly, Baki already was spoken to by me and he said he was told by SomebodyData that versus matches can be bumped so long as their stats are still relevant/the same. As in, the match hasn't become a mismatch or stomp. I even asked this on Discord and was told the same thing by several fellow staff like Saikou, Wokistan, and Bambu. It's old CRTs and discussion threads that can't be necro'd.

A few months old versus threads are fine, but he has even been bumping threads from almost 4 years ago.

Yes. I have told him that it causes severe disorder in the versus forum, and it is also unlikely to get the old participants interested.

Feel free to tell him your suggestion.

As far as I remember, this already happened, yet he got permanently banned agai. This was all within the last 6-9 months.

To quote you, Ant:

I personally think that he has lost all traces of credibility, is a wholly destructive influence here, that we should permanently ban him, and say good riddance afterwards.
~ Antvasima​
And to quote Sera:

I had a feeling he was up to no good. Well in that case, I'm all for banning him.
~ Sera EX​
I have very radical views on banning so I won't get into those, but as you said on the community wall thread you don't remember much about him. I'm not sure you'd give him this chance if you remembered.

Yeah Im not so sure about this, if he got brought back only to be banned again....it just seems like a really rough track record and likely not worth the effort of dealing with. Im a believer in second chances in a lot of cases but when you screw up your second chance by doing the same thing all over again....

Well lets just say we may be better off leaving it as is.

Okay. Thank you for the information. He should probably stay banned in that case.

I'm actually skeptical as most of the time he seemed more like a kid trying to go along the wikia but made his mistakes and maybe actually learned something this time.

And if he f**s up then the last ban and be done

In short, let him come and watch him closely, maybe he actually changed this time.

He messaged me and seemed pretty regretful.....I don't know its tough, he's done it twice and has intentionally been maniplative in the past...Then again we can ban him swiftly if a problem arises. Im still on the fence but if enough think he's worth a second chance I won't object.

If he's agreed to stay banned, then we should preferably not bombard this thread any further. But that being said, I also agree he should stay banned given his history and not the first time he said he was going to behave, but immediately started causing trouble again.

He sounds no different than many other well known trouble makers who shall remain unnamed for the sake of avoiding drama.

From what I read above and the evidence brought regarding Pokemonfan807, I think it is best he stay banned.

It creates chaos in the forums if our members start to bump a lot of several years old versus threads that everybody have lost interest in, so I much prefer if it is avoided, and new threads are started instead.

Then why are administrators running around saying if it's not a mismatch and is still relevant, it can be bumped? Seems not even the staff are on the same page with this one.

I agree with making necros a thing again, but we should prob have a separate thread for this. Feel free to edit a link into my comment if you make one.

@Sera

Probably because I am so ridiculously overworked that my communication with the rest of the staff is suffering from it.

@Wokistan

Feel free to start one if you wish. I think that 1 years old versus threads that have not turned outdated in the meantime, due to changed character statistics, should be a maximum, and not many at the same time.

Thank you for the help. That would be appreciated, yes.

He seems to have a couple hundred contribs on other wikis including joke battles, so maybe asking him to change makes more sense than an instant ban here.

Do we have an official rule against that? Are we even able to? It goes across multiple wikis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back