• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
When posting the vote count, the second one, I wrote that machamp had 0 votes, for some reason. After I realized it I quickly edited the reply.

I apologize and hope that we can move on. And please, Im not biased toward any character.

Kappatalism said:
as he was updating replies, he wasnt counting them. he must have after the fact.
Nope, he counted your vote right after you made it earlier in the thread. And in the post you reported him for, he edited to fix it before you even reported it.

Just drop this...

The Calaca said:
Amexim was being considerably hostile in the thread about Verse Equalization
First example, second example, third example.
To be fair, the other side was also being considerably hostile. Not really taking either side yet but Amexim, MachTwo and a few others have already been told to tone it back. If it gets worse, a formal report should take place.

Those were right in the beginning of the thread, before the flames even started.

I've already warned him.

The 1st one, I get. The second one wasn't rude at all, besides me saying it's "ridiculous" and the third one was me responding frustrated at Imade and a few others who bambu already reprimanded.

The third one is still a hostile behaviour towards someone who explained the conclusion of the several previous threads to counter your OP so it had to be reported.

It seems I confused the second one, sorry. That's on me.

I also think that Amexim seems to have been acting in an unnecessarily hostile and aggressive manner, but not to such a degree that it warrant anything more than a warning. Maybe he is stressed out or has a bad day?

Both sides are at fault here. They didn't do anything to ease the building tension in the thread, only contributed further towards it. All parties need to go have a break. Seriously people, debate calmy. Debating like this will only help the thread getting locked without getting anyone's point across.

There's a difference between a heated thread and an insult thread. Being heated and passionate about a topic is fine and is healthy in a debating environment but when being rude gets thrown in it goes to hell and ends up detaching itself from the actual debate topic.I agree with Amexim that an intense debate can make you say insultive things and trust me I can act irrational in a passionate debate too so by that nothing should be done IMO as long as things return to being civil.

Amexim went over the line by our standards, but not to such an extent that it warrants punishment.

Reporting @Heavens Feel for his inflammatory language and attitude in his last couple of posts:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3426030#183

Screenshot 20190827-111542 Chrome
IDC about his argument, that's fine, it's the insults and antagonism that's gonna cause an issue. I even remember being banned before for a similar statement he made in that post regarding a religion (He's mocking the Flat Earth Belief, calling it stupid). Just saying...

1. Flat Earth Belief isn't a religion, it may appear in religious people but it's not religion based, correlation not causation.

2. His language wasn't inflammatory, he said if you do believe in X thing then you're wanking, which isn't inflammatory.

3. He didn't insult you, unless you consider him calling your potential actions wanking.

Everyone on both sides does need to calm down. Anyway, he only called the argument stupid, not you. However, his attitude was rather harsh, but it's not to the extent of ban or even RVR worthy. As, mass posting the RVR thread again doesn't solve anything. I may need to hakai some posts if the spamming keeps up.

Let's just drop this subject please. Arguing about it is a waste of time.

Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussion, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

We should start doing this.

@Sera

Feel free to remove derailing posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back