• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I am not sure if this is a ban circumvention or not on Weekly's part.

Sorry, this just came into my notifications as I was following the Kill La Kill thread. I'll let staff handle it from here. Just letting y'all know.

You sure that this is report worth? I mean, Ant himself post a message from Weekly in the thread:
I received a message from WeeklyBattles:

Hey, could you ask LordTracer to undo the kill la kill revision? It wasnt done and discussions were still being had about it.

Also, ive done the calc and recalcs that were brought up in that thread if you would be willing to post them there.

And for reference, this is the calc in VSBW wiki.

I’m rather certain Weekly has also posted replies and calculation blogs by proxy via @Spinoirr. Not certain if this breaks any rules but it’s kinda troublesome that they’re able to basically render their ban a non-factor.

I made a thread about proxy posts to avoid bans some time ago, I believe it was almost universally disagreed on by staff, unfortunately.

Read Prom's response on the Kill La Kill thread. Not ban worthy on FC/OC wiki, though she noted she's not personally a big fan of the tactic.

Additionally, I heard someone else asked him to make the calculation, so he really can't be the one to blame for this.

Last edited:
No CRT
And more 🐵

No CRT
And more 🐵
It seemed uncertain if he was clueless or not, and he did change the statistics of several pages, so I gave him a 6 months block and a warning instruction message.

While KingBallerLBJ was a bit of an instigator. And he does sounds very Narrow-Minded with the whole "Anime is always better and is the one that should be used because it's better". He sounds like of of those Anti-Canonicity people. And he was being very argumentative. Honestly, the way Hagane retaliated in the end was much really awful.
He has not broken our rules. He was just being very narrow-minded and unreasonable when I tried to give him helpful instructions. I do not know why Hagane (who asked me to come there in the first place) continued to talk with him and got increasingly agitated.

Weekly sent me the following messages:

Hey, just as a clarification because im seeing whats being talked about on the rvt, DaReaperMan is in no way at fault for the stuff on that kill la kill thread and he is not an accomplice, i made those calcs of my own volition after seeing the issues brought up in the thread and them asking for feats to be calced with no one willing to do them. He is concerned about being seen as a proxy and being punished and i want to assure that he is not and that he has done nothing punishment worthy.

Also could you ask Ovens if he would be willing to talk to me on discord? It seems he has a misconception regarding what happened with the circumstances of that calc i did

Also also id be happy to help klol with any errors i made in my calc if he would be willing to talk on fc/oc

Sorry for bugging you so much...

I told him that I cannot be some kind of ongoing spokesperson for him though.

I suppose this is a matter of what a "ban" entails, for us. Does a ban wholly revoke that individual from having opinions affect the wiki at all? We can't stop them from debating or talking with people off-site, nor helping supporters make arguments, and it's difficult to make rules against that when that's just contributing to a better argument, and to deny it would be to dismiss evidence or arguments.

... But at the same time, what is a ban if people can just channel their opinions through someone else, anyways?

We don't ban people for their opinions, we ban people for their behavior and demeanor. As long as these two are away from the threads, there should be no issue.

If Weekly's manipulative nature were to be represented by a user, then it doesn't matter who said user was parroting, they take responsibility for it and face the ban, but if Weekly's ideas were stated in an otherwise infallible response, and we were to take actions against them, that's us using fallacies to dismiss arguments.

At the same time Weekly has been an important individual in the wiki for a while and they didn't get banned for sth like toxicity but rather for attempted calc forgery or whatever. I think taking an opinion from a banned person who we know has been an important part of the community for a while is not that bad, not to mention they've been doing nothing at all for months. I get when people try to be a proxy for an opinion of a banned person who got banned for mass toxicity and such and yall crack down on them, but wouldn't letting this situation slide once make more sense in this case?

Yeah, the wiki was never intended to be an echo chamber where people get banned just for having controversial opinions. Also, it's already been said that separating the author from the work is a primary fundamental practice; we don't delete verses just because said verses was created by a horrendously awful person. Prime example, deleting all Cthulhu Mythos profiles because H.P. Lovecraft was racist, or deleting Rurouni Kenshin verse just because Nobuhiro Watsuki was certified pedophile who was caught having CP in his collection. We don't get rid of those verses because those pages don't contain anything that is anywhere near as controversial as those authors.

Comments and calculations from banned users are more or less the same concept as published works of fiction authored by ominous people. Contacting banned users offsite to give their thoughts, scans, input, and work is by no means a rule violation. Copy/Pasting every word they say constantly including the same annoying habits and hostile language that got them banned in the first place is a different story. But simply trying to help with the content revision and only using the bits and pieces that are decent efforts to help out is fair game. Besides, Ultima Reality would have never finished tiering system revisions if it weren't for Aeyu and FanofRPGs' assistance. And there are plenty of other Admins who had help from permabanned users for tackling other problems.

Of course, there's a limit to how often people can be a spokesperson. But I don't think there's anything uber wrong about WeeklyBattles or those who have spoke for him here.

Insulting the intelligence or character of all readers of a manga in this community as a whole is not acceptable, but simply briefly stating that you dislike a certain manga for specified reasons does not seem like a particularly big deal.

Tots_Real I have seen calling things "r*tarded" for pointless things off-site and as a quick criticism of something he disagrees on the site, which so happens to be a decision I made.

Saying and normalizing to say something that's disallowed while getting around the wording to get away with it is already an issue, but I'm more annoyed at how very, very normalized it is for the Death Battle discussion thread to mock things done in the wiki while 95% of the time lacking the balls to go and talk things up with those doing what they disagree with. They have some care for the wiki, hence they talk about it, but if they lack the sufficient care to go and talk like normal people then they should avoid themselves to antagonise the decisions done here, because of sheer common decency and basic education. To clarify, this isn't just "people being dicks but not breaking any rules", it's not allowed to taunt, ridicule and laugh of people while not face to face based on the rule saying "Do not instigate drama or systematecally spread toxicity". I could give prenty of examples of users in the Death Battle discussion thread crossing the line on their disrespect, but the past is in the past, I would find appropriate if from now on a popular thread like that could have a few Discussion Moderators asked to keep an eye on it.

I'm posting this here moreso as an announcement to those involved- it is not a report, sorry.

@Malomtek and @FujiwaraYesMokou are hereby topic banned regarding Touhou. The two have proven to bicker and jab at each other endlessly, though not in any manner that necessitates a total ban. This was discussed with myself as well as others, including Antvasima. Theoretically this topic ban should continue until such a time as they've shown themselves willing to shape up, though if we would like to place a definite timer on it, I'm more than open to do so.

For posterity's sake, the reason for this ban is threads such as this and this, which show they've been more or less at each other's throats for nearly a month. We've received reports from various parties about this behavior and the disruptive discussion that occurs as a result. Both parties are unnecessarily hostile and insulting of the other- we've had enough. If either party participates in a Touhou thread, they will be considered in violation of the rules and potentially banned, as even this punishment is doled out instead of the ban agreed upon by said parties for their past reports.

That is all, for now, unless someone wants to discuss a set duration for the ban.

Well, I obviously disagree with this since I'd like to think I still make useful contributions to Touhou threads at times regardless of my interactions with Malomtek, though this topic has been brought up so many times that I understand why it's come to this. I can live with the ban I think, I have other verses to focus on anyways.

I do have a few questions though; Am I still allowed to pass on information to other Touhou supporters through Discord? I do have a CRT in the works I would like to see posted eventually, even its by another person, and with several other revisions coming up I would at least like to provide support by sharing relevant scans and evidence, even if not in the thread itself. I'm not sure if this would be considered proxying, or if this would be against the rules. I'd also like to know how long this ban will be for, and if it extends to the general discussion thread for Touhou.

That's all I really have to say here.

I'm posting this here moreso as an announcement to those involved- it is not a report, sorry.

@Malomtek and @FujiwaraYesMokou are hereby topic banned regarding Touhou. The two have proven to bicker and jab at each other endlessly, though not in any manner that necessitates a total ban. This was discussed with myself as well as others, including Antvasima. Theoretically this topic ban should continue until such a time as they've shown themselves willing to shape up, though if we would like to place a definite timer on it, I'm more than open to do so.

For posterity's sake, the reason for this ban is threads such as this and this, which show they've been more or less at each other's throats for nearly a month. We've received reports from various parties about this behavior and the disruptive discussion that occurs as a result. Both parties are unnecessarily hostile and insulting of the other- we've had enough. If either party participates in a Touhou thread, they will be considered in violation of the rules and potentially banned, as even this punishment is doled out instead of the ban agreed upon by said parties for their past reports.

That is all, for now, unless someone wants to discuss a set duration for the ban.
While I can't say anything about FujiwaraYesMokou, I will say that I believe that my own topic ban is quite unfair, especially given that I was literally just preparing a Touhou content revision thread that I felt was important. I do have similar questions to FujiwaraYesMokou on the topic of CRTs however. Will I be allowed or able to relay information for CRTs or CRT debunks through other people, including staff, or would that be considered "proxying" and therefore not allowed here?

Since this seems to have come about from a major staff consensus, and I don't think I could ever get myself "topic unbanned" in any particularly short amount of time, I would like to ask if this mutual topic ban may only be allowed to last for 6 months - with no favoritism shown for either side - which I feel is a good enough amount of time for this situation to "cool down" or new developments to occur.

Well, I obviously disagree with this since I'd like to think I still make useful contributions to Touhou threads at times regardless of my interactions with Malomtek, though this topic has been brought up so many times that I understand why it's come to this. I can live with the ban I think, I have other verses to focus on anyways.

I do have a few questions though; Am I still allowed to pass on information to other Touhou supporters through Discord? I do have a CRT in the works I would like to see posted eventually, even its by another person, and with several other revisions coming up I would at least like to provide support by sharing relevant scans and evidence, even if not in the thread itself. I'm not sure if this would be considered proxying, or if this would be against the rules. I'd also like to know how long this ban will be for, and if it extends to the general discussion thread for Touhou.

That's all I really have to say here.
Aye, you're allowed to discuss what you like offsite. But you can't speak on Touhou threads on the wiki. The problem is not your opinions or ideas on Touhou but rather the disruptive manner that you and Malom tend to resort to when discussing.

Thank you for understanding.

I'll say no, it does not extend to general discussion threads. CRTs and versus threads, however, are covered. I'll speak with some other staff members about a potential definite expiration date for this ban.

Gotcha, that's good to know. I will say this ban is a bit of a blessing in disguise considering I was getting a bit burnt out on Touhou and I needed to make time for other verses.

Mokou can help with finishing to apply previously accepted Touhou revisions, and both she (?) and Malomtek can ask others to post their threads for them if they wish. As Bambu said, the problem here is the way that they endlessly bicker with each other, not anything else.

Sorry for interrupting, but if Mokou get banned from making Touhou CRT then how about the verse itself? Right now Touhou need a massive revamp
There are other members that are just as, if not more capable than me you know.

Mokou can help with finishing to apply previously accepted Touhou revisions, and both she (?) and Malomtek can ask others to post their threads for them if they wish. As Bambu said, the problem here is the way that they endlessly bicker with each other, not anything else.
Well, the edits from the last revision have already been applied, so I'm wondering if I can still help with edits for future CRTs.

Also, since you seemed unsure, my pronouns are in fact she/her.

Well, the edits from the last revision have already been applied, so I'm wondering if I can still help with edits for future CRTs.
Probably, yes. You largely seem to know how to edit properly by my experience.
Also, since you seemed unsure, my pronouns are in fact she/her.
Okay. Noted. It is very hard to keep track of the pronouns of hundreds of people that I do not know in person, and I have a bad very old habit of using "he" instead of "they" when I do not know or remember.

Back