• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill la Kill downgrade

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
This'll be easy.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Reppuzan/Lina_Shields_-_Kill_la_Kill:_Dome_Blows_Up
"The Fragmentation of Reinforced Concrete has changed, making the results lower. Reinforced Concrete Fragmentation = 10 J/cm^3 2.2e16 x 10 =2.2e+17, or 52.58 Megatons (City level+) I know the user who made the blog isn't around anymore, but I wanted to mentioned this here as since this value is still being used on the profiles." ~ Rusty

I have no freaking idea how many characters this scales to but I have a feeling it'll be a lot.

((Downgrades for one of my favorite verses for sure i didagree...))

Now for real, i agree with the downgrades

This seems fine to apply to me, but somebody first needs to copy the contents of the original accepted calculation blog to a new blog, with the updated values inserted as replacements, so that can be linked to in the relevant character profile pages as justification.

I guess this case is fine but seems like Antvasima said someone needs to get the updated results in a blog to be evaluated and accepted to be used on the affected profile.

I guess this case is fine but seems like Antvasima said someone needs to get the updated results in a blog to be evaluated and accepted to be used on the affected profile.
It's quite literally just a change in the destruction values since the calc was made. Its technically already been accepted.

Yes, that is fine to use. Thank you for helping out.

I was looking at the calc, and I got curious about something. Explosions scaling to a person's durability relies on how close they are to the blast, being in direct contact with the center of the blast basically means they scale to the full yield. But being even 1 meter away drops the results by a massive amount, so I looked up the episode to see who would scale to this fully.

However I ended up finding a problem, and that is the explosion which destroyed the stadium isn't a single blast. It came from several dozens of smaller explosions going off in succession. You can see the feat for yourself here.

Which means scaling people to the results in the calc is incorrect.

And by that I mean, I'm not knowledgeable enough on KLK to actually advocate for any other rating

I think Satsuki has a 7-B calc somewhere, but I can't confirm, we're talking like some 2014 obd shit.

Unless someone can find another feat, the 7-A characters will be downgraded to at least High 7-C (Another High 7-C calc). The higher ratings like 6-A and 5-C should be fine.

But yeah, they'd just be scaling above their weaker self if other feats aren't found. However I'm not knowledgeable enough about KLK to accurately write down how they scale on their profile. Nothing beyond being much stronger than their previous self. Though there could be one shot gaps or maybe something else I don't know.

Unless someone can find another feat, the 7-A characters will be downgraded to at least High 7-C (Another High 7-C calc). The higher ratings like 6-A and 5-C should be fine.

But yeah, they'd just be scaling above their weaker self if other feats aren't found. However I'm not knowledgeable enough about KLK to accurately write down how they scale on their profile. Nothing beyond being much stronger than their previous self. Though there could be one shot gaps or maybe something else I don't know.
I think it was calcing the big ass explosion at the end, which I'm pretty sure at least one character was at the epicenter of

I think it was calcing the big ass explosion at the end, which I'm pretty sure at least one character was at the epicenter of
No, it was calculating the destruction of the dome itself. Fragmentation of reinforced concrete.

Also even assuming there was one big explosion at the end which caused all of the damage. The blast center would be the center of the stadium, but the first explosion caused Ryuko, Ragyo, and Nui to be launched into the air. Unless we assume detonation device was launched into the sky, no one was in the center of the blast.

Note that even being 1 meter always drops the results by a lot, and they were launched up far higher than that.

Regardless, those smaller explosions were shown to be taking chucks out of the dome. The entire structure would be weakened from those smaller blast, so even assuming a big explosion at the end wouldn't scale to the 7-B results.

No, it was calculating the destruction of the dome itself. Fragmentation of reinforced concrete.

Also even assuming there was one big explosion at the end which caused all of the damage. The blast center would be the center of the stadium, but the first explosion caused Ryuko, Ragyo, and Nui to be launched into the air. Unless we assume detonation device was launched into the sky, no one was in the center of the blast.

Note that even being 1 meter always drops the results by a lot, and they were launched up far higher than that.

Regardless, those smaller explosions were shown to be taking chucks out of the dome. The entire structure would be weakened from those smaller blast, so even assuming a big explosion at the end wouldn't scale to the 7-B results.
And the chick literally holding the detonation device?

And the chick literally holding the detonation device?
The button she uses to make the stadium blow up... is not what I mean.

The button she was holding wasn't the bomb itself, it was what activated the bombs planted in the stadium.

Why are you assuming she was holding a bomb?

The button she uses to make the stadium blow up... is not what I mean.

The button she was holding wasn't the bomb itself, it was what activated the bombs planted in the stadium.

Why are you assuming she was holding a bomb?
It was your assumption, you stated "if the detonation device was launched into the sky"

It was your assumption, you stated "if the detonation device was launched into the sky"
What? What does that have to do with anything?

Note: I'm talking about the bomb that made the big explosion, not the button used to make the explosion happen. That literally makes no sense, since button doesn't equal bomb.

I don't understand your point here.

What? What does that have to do with anything?

Note: I'm talking about the bomb that made the big explosion, not the button used to make the explosion happen. That literally makes no sense, since button doesn't equal bomb.

I don't understand your point here.

You basically said the detonation device was the bomb

When I said detonation device, I meant the bomb itself, I don't know what you call the trigger for the bomb. Unless the bomb itself was somehow launched into the air along with them, we see no such thing, no one should scale to the blast.

Excuse my poor grammar, but I don't see how you'd assume I was saying that the button she holds is the bomb. Especially when the clip I posted shows the explosions happened around the building and underneath the ground.

A quick check of this gives me a minimal distance, assuming the floor is just off screen, of 6.2 meters from the floor of the building.

This gives me a results around 30 KT or 7-C, basically worthless.

When I said detonation device, I meant the bomb itself, I don't know what you call the trigger for the bomb. Unless the bomb itself was somehow launched into the air along with them, we see no such thing, no one should scale to the blast.

Excuse my poor grammar, but I don't see how you'd assume I was saying that the button she holds is the bomb. Especially when the clip I posted shows the explosions happened around the building and underneath the ground.

A quick check of this gives me a minimal distance, assuming the floor is just off screen, of 6.2 meters from the floor of the building.

This gives me a results around 30 KT or 7-C, basically worthless.
I see. There may be other Feats so I'd like to hold off on downgrading until we yay or nay that.

So should we apply these changes at the time being then?

Thank you. Is somebody here who knows how to edit properly willing to handle it then?

Back