• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

And your belief is horribly wrong. I misjudge u. I thought u was an actual good person but as I said before, masking rudeness with politeness. I can sit here then and believe how all u wanna do is only defend people who believe in your thoughts and those that don’t believe in what u think are wrong.
Not really gonna respond to this any further as it's just a repeat of what you said before.
U even asked another staff to come and give his though who isn’t even interest in it, gave his 2 cents (which was more of him disagreeing with what u wanted in the OP) then still thought those that disagreed with your stance didn’t bring “good debate”
When did this happen?

Okay I guess I can start. What should I even do? Defend myself? I don't think I did anything wrong.

First of all Masque points to posts from the old thread and the new one. On I said he's acting like a "know it all" because Gabbling Dragon took an example, as a member who knows the verse I said the example doesn't fit the situation and it wasn't Gabbling Dragon who argued but Masque himself yet in one of our discussions in the thread he told me this:
Sorry, I haven't read the series, I can't comment on your example but maybe we can agree to disagree? Hope I haven't come off as rude throughout the discussion. Anyway, I'm not even exactly sure what the goal of the argument is anyway.

He can't comment on my example but wants to argue in the CRT on the same example even though it was the WN version.
Furthermore, Masque has already displayed rude behavior, especially towards Vietthai96 which earned him to be reported here. He displays passive rude attitudes towards anyone who disagrees with his point of view, telling them that they lack common sense and such. Why haven't I reported him since? Because I don't give a sh*t.

I tell him that he chose the wrong examples and he directly says that I am rude. Why? Because I said that he chose the wrong examples? The farce. Almost everything he pointed out for the new thread is not rude. And furthermore saying that it is a farce is my point of view that I can display. If it were not the case, the concept of wankers would not have existed in the first place. Literally all Masque spends his time doing in the CRT is: it is said this, this is the most logical conclusion. Are we here to work without a statement and believe things? Curry and him say: yeah increasing and multiplying are the same thing. With this logic I take Naruto, the chakra being a UES, I just see the gap between his 8-A key for part I and his 5-C key for part II, I make the ratio and I place him at MFTL+ because "speed and strength increase proportionally".

When I give him a metaphor like "can you hear yourself talking", he wants to play on words and say that he doesn't speak but he writes. Of course that's the case. But if he wants to play this game, he should do it alone. Basically I ask him for direct statements but he gives me roundabout statements. Isn't that a joke? In any case, I don't want to waste time on this childishness.

Okay I guess I can start. What should I even do? Defend myself? I don't think I did anything wrong.

First of all Masque points to posts from the old thread and the new one. On I said he's acting like a "know it all" because Gabbling Dragon took an example, as a member who knows the verse I said the example doesn't fit the situation and it wasn't Gabbling Dragon who argued but Masque himself yet in one of our discussions in the thread he told me this:

He can't comment on my example but wants to argue in the CRT on the same example even though it was the WN version.
I don't understand how this is relevant.
Furthermore, Masque has already displayed rude behavior, especially towards Vietthai96 which earned him to be reported here. He displays passive rude attitudes towards anyone who disagrees with his point of view, telling them that they lack common sense and such. Why haven't I reported him since? Because I don't give a sh*t.
I don't believe I've been rude to Vietthai and I've never claimed that anyone lacks common sense. And I encourage constructive criticism and have remained kind to multiple people who have disagreed with me.
I tell him that he chose the wrong examples and he directly says that I am rude. Why? Because I said that he chose the wrong examples? The farce. Almost everything he pointed out for the new thread is not rude.
I claimed that you were rude because I interpreted your comments as being disrespectful and they made me uncomfortable, there's no other reason.
And furthermore saying that it is a farce is my point of view that I can display. If it were not the case, the concept of wankers would not have existed in the first place. Literally all Masque spends his time doing in the CRT is: it is said this, this is the most logical conclusion. Are we here to work without a statement and believe things? Curry and him say: yeah increasing and multiplying are the same thing. With this logic I take Naruto, the chakra being a UES, I just see the gap between his 8-A key for part I and his 5-C key for part II, I make the ratio and I place him at MFTL+ because "speed and strength increase proportionally".
I don't believe this is relevant to the topic of the report.
When I give him a metaphor like "can you hear yourself talking", he wants to play on words and say that he doesn't speak but he writes. Of course that's the case. But if he wants to play this game, he should do it alone. Basically I ask him for direct statements but he gives me roundabout statements. Isn't that a joke? In any case, I don't want to waste time on this childishness.
I don't "play on words", I just wanted to give you a serious answer. And please don't call me childish, I try hard to always behave in a mature and respectful manner.

I don't understand how this is relevant.
You brought up the subject of the old CRT and you say you don't understand how it is relevant?
I don't believe I've been rude to Vietthai and I've never claimed that anyone lacks common sense. And I encourage constructive criticism and have remained kind to multiple people who have disagreed with me.
Hmm. Maybe it's only the case for Phoenks and me? Well, that doesn't matter to me
I claimed that you were rude because I interpreted your comments as being disrespectful and they made me uncomfortable, there's no other reason.
Because you interpret. Let's ask the staff to interpret the same comment.
I don't believe this is relevant to the topic of the report.
Just to show your behavior. It all comes down to logic for you which logically leads to criticism of things you take badly.
I don't "play on words", I just wanted to give you a serious answer. And please don't call me childish, I try hard to always behave in a mature and respectful manner.
And do you think I take the debate as a joke? You should have just answered me that that's not what you meant instead of adding a bunch of useless things.

This all appears just like that. You're just making yourself out to be the victim when you're not. As BlackeJan said here, you reported him without mentioning Curry's rude attitude and making him out to be the bad guy.

You brought up the subject of the old CRT and you say you don't understand how it is relevant?
Specifically the rude comments in the CRT, not who's right or wrong in the argument.
Hmm. Maybe it's only the case for Phoenks and me? Well, that doesn't matter to me
I've been nice to You, Vietthai, and Phoenks as well, even after the disagreements and rude comments.
Because you interpret. Let's ask the staff to interpret the same comment.
Sure, that was the plan for my initial post.
Just to show your behavior. It all comes down to logic for you which logically leads to criticism of things you take badly.
I mean, what does you believing that Naruto is MFTL+ and disagreeing with my claims in the other thread have to do with any of this, and aren't arguments supposed to hinge on logic?
And do you think I take the debate as a joke? You should have just answered me that that's not what you meant instead of adding a bunch of useless things.
No, that's why I responded with a serious answer, and I did.
This all appears just like that. You're just making yourself out to be the victim when you're not. As BlackeJan said here, you reported him without mentioning Curry's rude attitude and making him out to be the bad guy.
I wouldn't exactly call myself a victim per se, I just feel disrespected, and I don't think you'd exactly have the right to decide who is a victim and who isn't. And as for the Curry thing, she didn't really say anything wrong in the newest thread, definitely not in regards to what the two of you are implying, it's just a common phrase with no negative connotation toward anyone.

I’ve stopped caring. He only did this cause I made a report to him like last month and how he today defended someone obviously being rude. I will only talk to him in debates and nothing more

Regarding BlackeJan: My immediate impression is that both sides were being rude. Masque dismisses opinions he doesn't care about, and Curry spams people with "end of discussion" towards people she disagrees with, despite having no authority whatsoever to actually silence dissent. Given the tameness of the accused comments, I do find it difficult to actually regard anything as a rule violation rather than a simple escalation when faced with aggression.

The old thread may be a smidgeon worse than the new one (acknowledging that it is practically a month old), but really isn't much different. Even in your own evidence, you accuse him of not using common sense, and then want us to consider it a rule violation for him to retort that you common sense?

Regarding Digital_Franz: I will admit that Franz was more aggressive than Blacke, although when questioning whether their behavior deserves more than the usual "stop doing that" response we usually give, I would hardly say it is that much worse. The environment itself was made aggressive. I am hesitant to apply a warning in this instance.

I'm against a warning in the instance of Blacke, I don't think he behaved any worse than is the median for that thread. Franz is more debateable, but for now I lean in favor of leniency. Neither have a history of poor behavior, after all, and minor spats like this are simply bound to happen in a hobby such as this.

Regarding BlackeJan: My immediate impression is that both sides were being rude. Masque dismisses opinions he doesn't care about, and Curry spams people with "end of discussion" towards people she disagrees with, despite having no authority whatsoever to actually silence dissent. Given the tameness of the accused comments, I do find it difficult to actually regard anything as a rule violation rather than a simple escalation when faced with aggression.
Ig, I only really dismiss things if the conversation goes back and forth without progression as there's really no point in arguing then. And I think Curry's use of the phrase was pretty reasonable given the situation but overall, it's fine.
The old thread may be a smidgeon worse than the new one (acknowledging that it is practically a month old), but really isn't much different. Even in your own evidence, you accuse him of not using common sense, and then want us to consider it a rule violation for him to retort that you common sense?
In that particular instance, the person who I was conversing with was applying the context of one situation to another. (Ex: Blank was described in this way in this instance, but not in another instance, so my point was invalid. Disregarding the fact that the context of these two instance were different so logically, their descriptions would be different.) I believed this argument to be fallacious, therefore I asked them to use common sense because of the nature of fallacies being a lapse in logic during argumentation. I don't believe that what I said was exactly wrong/rude, but I can definitely understand that it could be interpreted in that way and I could've worded my response better, and for that I apologize.
Regarding Digital_Franz: I will admit that Franz was more aggressive than Blacke, although when questioning whether their behavior deserves more than the usual "stop doing that" response we usually give, I would hardly say it is that much worse. The environment itself was made aggressive. I am hesitant to apply a warning in this instance.
That's fine, I didn't want anyone to get an official warning or anything like that. Just for someone with more power than me to ease the hostility of the discussion. (And in regards to these two users being placed on my ignore list, would that be possible? Sorry if I'm asking for too much, I just don't want to deal with any rude comments.)
I'm against a warning in the instance of Blacke, I don't think he behaved any worse than is the median for that thread. Franz is more debateable, but for now I lean in favor of leniency. Neither have a history of poor behavior, after all, and minor spats like this are simply bound to happen in a hobby such as this.
Sure, and thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

I don’t really think I NEED to defend myself, but I’d just like it be known I wasn’t touting some sort of authority or something, I was just using the phrase because from my perspective Black was arguing against literal proven math, as in the definition of what it means to double something.

I could have used another phrase but I feel like saying “end of discussion” to someone arguing that doubling could mean something else isn’t that bad.

Most of the time people think I’m staff on VSBW I correct them, and I understand I have no authority so I don’t see why I’d try to flaunt a badge that doesn’t apply here.

Yeah, I know. My position isn't that you necessarily acted outrageously either, just that in these circumstances it is at least mitigable that Blacke acted a smidge out of line himself, I don't think "End of discussion" is conducive to discussion (shocking, I know). Mixed with the perception of others that you're a Content Moderator, despite only being one on FC/OC, I think that fed into the chemical reaction at work here.

Stuff like this is just the cost of doing business.

As for this:

That's fine, I didn't want anyone to get an official warning or anything like that. Just for someone with more power than me to ease the hostility of the discussion. (And in regards to these two users being placed on my ignore list, would that be possible? Sorry if I'm asking for too much, I just don't want to deal with any rude comments.)
It should be fine, though a bureaucrat would have to handle it. @Antvasima would you mind?

you accuse him of not using common sense, and then want us to consider it a rule violation for him to retort that you common sense?
Iirc, it was cause he was acting rude himself and proceed to say something along the line of me not having commons sense so I retaliated back. I also did say that all I want was a warning, he only reported me cause I did the same to him and as I said many times beforehand, he hides his rudeness with innocence
I wasn’t touting some sort of authority or something, I was just using the phrase because from my perspective Black was arguing against literal proven math, as in the definition of what it means to double something.
i know basic math, the whole “double exponentially” is also cause it’s stronger then a sacred gear that doubles power as well so i see it as far beyond that of 2x. I keep forgetting u aren’t a staff, it took me awhile to know that anyone with a “content mod” isn’t part of the staff. My mistake

I do wanna point out that someone going “end of discussion” is like trying to silence them with no room for argument, like if a cop or a teacher was to do it since they do be having authority over you

@Twisted_Little_Raven admits to endangering pets and when made aware of said dangers, displays a blatant lack of remorse and an implied intention to continue placing said pet in danger. An unnamed thread mod said this is probably worthy of a report, and frankly I think any implication of intentionally placing an animal dependent on you in harm’s way without remorse is just indicative of scum behavior. I’m aware this probably falls out of the jurisdiction of vsbw, but at the same time I believe this is a stellar indicator of extremely toxic and negative behavior. That which Raven’s been prone to in the past and has received bans for in the past. I’m also aware that I come off very heated in my response to her in that threat, but as a dog owner my entire life, I’m wholly disgusted at the notion someone could act with such blatant disregard for their pet’s wellbeing, ig it aggravates me for a lack of better words.

Over a year ago now, I proposed unbanning Raven as a matter of correcting previous staff communication breakdowns, as well as after having preliminary talks with her and Promestein to determine her behavior. Throughout the course of the following year, Raven has shown a gradual unraveling of her self-control in pretty much every interaction I've seen her in, and quite frankly, I don't think it should be tolerated anymore.

I promised you all I would see to it that, if my belief in her at the time was misplaced, I would correct my mistake. I believe that time has come. I am advocating a permanent ban with no chance of appeal.

Back