• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Giving chicken bones to dogs is sometimes used to kill street dogs, but like, its not as if any dog would die by eating any chicken bone instantaly. Its a possibility

Yeah, do not give chicken bones to dogs
Nor grapes

No they won't it will rip and puncture their stomach and esophagus. These bones are hollow, and when splintered are sharp as hell. Stop being ignorant.
I feel like this an exaggerated concept that doesn't happen like ever. I'm aware of this I just don't think it ever happens really. Unless you have one of those dogs that don't chew them and tries to swallow near instantly versus taking time in chewing

Giving chicken bones to dogs is sometimes used to kill street dogs, but like, its not as if any dog would die by eating any chicken bone instantaly. Its a possibility

Yeah, do not give chicken bones to dogs
Nor grapes
It's not a high one if your dog doesn't try to eat it In 3 seconds. My dog usually takes it's time with any bone my old one didn't she would try to eat any food instantly and would often have to throw the food up just to eat it again because she speed runs meals. My current one eats pretty slow so idm giving a bone every now and then

I feel like this an exaggerated concept that doesn't happen like ever. I'm aware of this I just don't think it ever happens really. Unless you have one of those dogs that don't chew them and tries to swallow near instantly versus taking time in chewing
This is ignorance. Like, the definition of it. It isn't an exaggeration, when chicken bones are quite weak. Again, since I have to strain it for you, chickens are avian animals. Thus, their bones are hollow and brittle. These bones being hollow and brittle, mean they splinter easily, and these splinters are quite sharp. Because they are sharp, once ingested, they will tear up the throat and stomach of the dog, causing them to be injured if not killed.

Again, stop being ignorant, it does you no favors.

This is ignorance. Like, the definition of it. It isn't an exaggeration, when chicken bones are quite weak. Again, since I have to strain it for you, chickens are avian animals. Thus, their bones are hollow and brittle. These bones being hollow and brittle, mean they splinter easily, and these splinters are quite sharp. Because they are sharp, once ingested, they will tear up the throat and stomach of the dog, causing them to be injured if not killed.

Again, stop being ignorant, it does you no favors.
The problem is, you say will as if it's guaranteed. The probability of that happening isn't much higher than dying because you're laughing or talking while eating. There would be evidence of a dying dog this way. One would be blood in stool. My dog has never once had an issue with a chicken bone. Because the dog is small and eats slowly. Plus I don't even feed it regularly with chicken bones I take the meat off the bones 99% of time. That 1% is there being nothing else to feed them after I eat dinner. Plus what u said mainly applies to cooked chicken bones and even then it's not some super high probability unless dog eats fast and regularly feed em. You have no confidence the dog in question knows what it's doing

The problem is, you say will as if it's guaranteed.
Guaranteed? No. Likely? yes. Even if it's not guaranteed, that doesn't mean you should test fate.
The probability of that happening isn't much higher than dying because you're laughing or talking while eating. There would be evidence of a dying dog this way.
These may not be specifically chicken bones, but these news reports go over the same splintering effect. Which, again, chicken bines have.
One would be blood in stool. My dog has never once had an issue with a chicken bone.
Then you're the exception, ever heard of outliers? You're on a battleboard site!
Because the dog is small and eats slowly.
And that means it's okay? Hell no.
Plus I don't even feed it regularly with chicken bones I take the meat off the bones 99% of time. That 1% is there being nothing else to feed them after I eat dinner.
It doesn't matter if it's regularly, I don't give a damn about percentages. See above.
Plus what u said mainly applies to cooked chicken bones and even then it's not some super high probability unless dog eats fast and regularly feed em.
Who the **** eats raw chicken, those who want to contract salmonella? What we're talking about here is giving away chicken bones to dogs, which most of the time is just the scraps of meals left over, meals that have been cooked. So of course, those bones will also be cooked.
You have no confidence the dog in question knows what it's doing
This is not about confidence or any other similar bullshit. You should never give dogs chicken bones, even if it "knows what it's doing", because at the end of the day it's still a dog chewing on a bone that can easily splinter from applied force, getting into their mouth and screwing their shit up.

Raven you really fvcking suck, you know that? How hard is it to not be a piece of shit and just say “oh wow I didn’t know that, let me stop putting my dog at risk”. Like how fragile is your ego that you need to insist upon being right to the point of potentially harming animals that depend on their owners for their livelihood. You’re genuinely an awful human being if your gut instinct to finding out you’re putting a dog in potential danger is to shelter your own fragile ego. 🖕

Raven you really fvcking suck, you know that? How hard is it to not be a piece of shit and just say “oh wow I didn’t know that, let me stop putting my dog at risk”. Like how fragile is your ego that you need to insist upon being right to the point of potentially harming animals that depend on their owners for their livelihood. You’re genuinely an awful human being if your gut instinct to finding out you’re putting a dog in potential danger is to shelter your own fragile ego. 🖕
Woah buddy, that’s a white woman you’re dissing I can’t be having that. You better check yourself before I go Full Cowl 50% on you.

dd3h06y-2c3d2815-344c-4a0c-aa47-62f96d5a2deb.png

Back