• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

I never understood how it's appealing on vsbw, it's pretty good in chats
It's alright, but all of my fun ones get no attention and the one I just made as a throwaway to test a hypothesis had like 5 people in it constantly posting at random times, really ******* my plot.

Can't believe One Piece: Sea of Hate didn't take off.

Iron Man and Spiderman just click with me more than most other heroes for some reason. Not sure why, because I do like a lot of other ones (Batman, Thor, Hulk, even Ant-Man is good to me, for example).
And on the topic of Spiderman, I genuinely like the Raimi trilogy. Is it cheesy? HELL YES. Is it kind of dated and corny now? Hell yes again. But they've got this weird charm to them, it's not just nostalgia, they just feel kind of good, kind of entertaining. Though it's old to the point where I can't help but laugh at some of the stuff, i.e Green Goblin's bombs turning people to skeletons with the weird cgi making it more goofy than threatening. And the scene where MJ runs out on her wedding... Jesus christ, lol. Those writers were on some divine cocaine.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, uh, speaking of the Raimi trilogy. Anytime people bring up the cheating stuff for MJ fail to realize that Peter is an even bigger cheater and terrible person than what those same people say.

Oh yeah, uh, speaking of the Raimi trilogy. Anytime people bring up the cheating stuff for MJ fail to realize that Peter is an even bigger cheater and terrible person than what those same people say.
He got kissed once, not intending it to be romantical, meanwhile MJ cheated on him with Harry and also left that one Astronaut guy at the wedding. I feel like she is a significantly worse person than Peter. Peter made one mistake (I ignore his actions as bully maguire cause he was under the influence of the symbiote) while MJ kept stringing him and Harry along endlessly and cucked an innocent astronaut guy who, from what we've seen, was just a nice dude.

JJK fans have ruined new gen anime. They don’t know how to comprehend what they’re actually seeing if it’s not action and they hate on everything including their own show. JJK is pretty alright but the fans are horrible and I will always prefer other shows like MHA and DS.
JJK fans on their way to claim that 78% of the manga are fight scenes and then have a stroke trying to comprehend the Merger Plan.

>open VPN
>use it
>get auto connected to france
>open YouTube
>get french ads
>
IMG_20240810_180524.jpg

🏱︎⚐︎🏱︎🕆︎☹︎✌︎☼︎ ⚐︎🏱︎✋︎☠︎✋︎⚐︎☠︎
👎︎⚐︎☹︎🏱︎☟︎✋︎☠︎💧︎ ✌︎☼︎☜︎ 👍︎☼︎☜︎☜︎🏱︎✡︎ ✌︎💧︎ ☟︎☜︎☹︎☹︎

He got kissed once, not intending it to be romantical, meanwhile MJ cheated on him with Harry and also left that one Astronaut guy at the wedding. I feel like she is a significantly worse person than Peter. Peter made one mistake (I ignore his actions as bully maguire cause he was under the influence of the symbiote) while MJ kept stringing him and Harry along endlessly and cucked an innocent astronaut guy who, from what we've seen, was just a nice dude.
"Romantical" reminds me of that video of the black man walking into an old white man's prison cell

You know looking at this as seeing as how most of these points come from Spider-Man 3, I can see why it's the least liked in the trilogy even if I enjoy it more than 1, like lmao.

Anyways, just because it was one kiss doesn't negate the fact that it was indeed a kiss. Like, dude, don't do that especially if you know you have a girlfriend by that point, and one you wanted to propose to at that (I don't know if I'm getting the order of events mixed up or something so correct me on that.) MJ going after Harry isn't all that surprising after you pull a stunt like that, though again, the specifics are cloudy to me.

And in the 2nd movie, yeah poor John, it wasn't the best move to run out on your own wedding. But it was clear that MJ loved Peter instead by the 2nd half of the movie when she came to learn that Peter was Spider-Man. In the first half she pushed him away because hey, she was getting married to John if I'm remembering correctly, so there's that. So would it be better if she was stuck in a loveless marriage, or not?

Christ these relationships are messy. Sam Raimi stick to just superhero stuff and horror films please!

You know looking at this as seeing as how most of these points come from Spider-Man 3, I can see why it's the least liked in the trilogy even if I enjoy it more than 1, like lmao.
Truuuuu
Anyways, just because it was one kiss doesn't negate the fact that it was indeed a kiss.
yeah, never said it wasn't bad. I just said it ain't as bad as what MJ has been doing
Like, dude, don't do that especially if you know you have a girlfriend by that point, and one you wanted to propose to at that (I don't know if I'm getting the order of events mixed up or something so correct me on that.) MJ going after Harry isn't all that surprising after you pull a stunt like that, though again, the specifics are cloudy to me.
Yeah but pretty sure MJ and Pete didn't break up at that point so she was indeed cheating on him. Two wrongs don't make a right and MJ did it arguably worse since making out with Pete's best friend >>> him kissing some girl he doesn't know whilst in costume
And in the 2nd movie, yeah poor John, it wasn't the best move to run out on your own wedding.
It was a spit in the face that probably traumatized the poor lad. I mean it was a huge wedding with like a ton of people and she left him. She played him like a damn fiddle. It is horrible emotional damage, monetary damage (think of all the money and energy spent on organizing the event) and an embarassment for the groom.
But it was clear that MJ loved Peter instead by the 2nd half of the movie when she came to learn that Peter was Spider-Man.
She spent enough time with John to get him to marry her, the fact that she cucked him at the last second is horrible
In the first half she pushed him away because hey, she was getting married to John if I'm remembering correctly, so there's that. So would it be better if she was stuck in a loveless marriage, or not?
I don't care about her "loveless marriage", she already got a man who fell for her, who asked her to marry him, who she agreed to marry and suddenly at the very last minute she ditched him. If she didn't like him she could've broken up with him before the engagement but no, she went along with it for a load of time and left him. This action just proves how much of a homewrecker she is.
Christ these relationships are messy. Sam Raimi stick to just superhero stuff and horror films please!
True

Truuuuu

yeah, never said it wasn't bad. I just said it ain't as bad as what MJ has been doing

Yeah but pretty sure MJ and Pete didn't break up at that point so she was indeed cheating on him.
Oh, she didn't? Thought she did, my bad.
Two wrongs don't make a right and MJ did it arguably worse since making out with Pete's best friend >>> him kissing some girl he doesn't know whilst in costume
Again I would have excused it if I remembered that MJ didn't break up with Peter, so since I thought I remembered she did, I payed it no mind.
It was a spit in the face that probably traumatized the poor lad.
Again, poor John, he was a good dude in the end....
I mean it was a huge wedding with like a ton of people and she left him. She played him like a damn fiddle. It is horrible emotional damage, monetary damage (think of all the money and energy spent on organizing the event) and an embarassment for the groom.
Yes, but at the same time, MJ didn't want it at that point. She didn't love John like she did Peter, and to be stuck in a marriage like that? I find that to be a worse outcome than what had happened at the end of the film.
She spent enough time with John to get him to marry her, the fact that she cucked him at the last second is horrible
See above. Love is quite rough, very rough.
I don't care about her "loveless marriage", she already got a man who fell for her, who asked her to marry him, who she agreed to marry and suddenly at the very last minute she ditched him.
Well it's not exactly all too sudden, we had build up for MJ's feelings changing and all. But yeah, last minute isn't too good. And sorry that you don't care about the "loveless marriage" stuff, but it really is a serious issue in and of itself.
If she didn't like him she could've broken up with him before the engagement
I feel like that would be a whole lot more messy than anything. Wedding plans are taken into advance and stuff, I've been to one before and it was a loong process (and a doozie I had to wear a tuxedo too big for me because the stylist ****** it up), so breaking up before that day wouldn't be any better. Slightly better, yes, but still destructive. There wasn't any winning with this.
but no, she went along with it for a load of time and left him. This action just proves how much of a homewrecker she is.
Also could be indecisiveness? Maybe, I'd say that's more passable if that's the case. But yeah, Spider-Man 2 really did no favors for MJ. At least with NWH we know that her and Peter are doing good, so that's sweet.
Like, he made bangers with the original Evil Dead trilogy, one of the best pre-reboot horror franchises without a miss. And his scenes outside of the romance in the Spider-Man trilogy were captivating, along with the concept that can be seen in MoM. But my GOD is this one part his weakness. Still goated though.

Back