• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

In this thread I noticed that the OP hadn't edited the vote tally after staff who disagreed started commenting.

I pointed this out to them. After a bit, they claimed to have updated it and asked if changes could accordingly be added, but they only included votes which agreed, despite me having previously name-dropped some people who disagreed.

Some posts emblematic of their disagreement are here and here.

I think this an unacceptably misleading way of @Omnificence to have presented things.

In this thread I noticed that the OP hadn't edited the vote tally after staff who disagreed started commenting.

I pointed this out to them. After a bit, they claimed to have updated it and asked if changes could accordingly be added, but they only included votes which agreed, despite me having previously name-dropped some people who disagreed.

Some posts emblematic of their disagreement are here and here.

I think this an unacceptably misleading way of @Omnificence to have presented things.
@Agnaa @Armorchompy

I'm sorry; look, I didn't know that was against the rules. I swear, I completely forgot about the disagreements.

Last edited:
Jeez, I'm sorry. Look, the whole vote thing is on me, OK? But to be fair, I didn't know that was report-worthy.
So you admit doing vote manipulation intentionally to get the preferred result, but are only apologizing, due to it being called out as a rule break?

Honestly, this seems like an intentional rule break, that only apologizing due to it being brought to the RvR thread. He even repeatedly was told to fix it, but didn't listen., and to add to this, the entire thread he ignored the opposition while only adding people who agreed with him instantly. This includes both staff and non-staff votes. He is also what I would call blatantly disrespectful in this thread here. He ignores posts that disagree with him here, here. And uses fallacies here.

Could probably find more but since it was this many on the first page already, I am more than certain it is a consistent thing, with what Agna brought up from the later pages.

To conclude my addon to the report I think it is pretty clear that it is done intentionally and he is not gonna change, since he is only apologizing to get his sentence reduced.

So you admit doing vote manipulation intentionally to get the preferred result, but are only apologizing, due to it being called out as a rule break?

Honestly, this seems like an intentional rule break, that only apologizing due to it being brought to the RvR thread. He even repeatedly was told to fix it, but didn't listen., and to add to this, the entire thread he ignored the opposition while only adding people who agreed with him instantly. This includes both staff and non-staff votes. He is also what I would call blatantly disrespectful in this thread here. He ignores posts that disagree with him here, here. And uses fallacies here.

Could probably find more but since it was this many on the first page already, I am more than certain it is a consistent thing, with what Agna brought up from the later pages.

To conclude my addon to the report I think it is pretty clear that it is done intentionally and he is not gonna change, since he is only apologizing to get his sentence reduced.
I swear I didn't know that was against the rules. I completely forgot to count the votes.

hey man...maybe you should stop commenting on RVR threads not involving you
a staff member had already told you to stop
I already know that is why I am trying to minimize my messages here and only do it when I get pinged or have a report, This time I was only replying to a message that questioned my and Agna's report. I think that sending one message explaining it is fine.

I am deeply sorry for sending an extra message here, but I will delete it in 1 hour if you don't beat me to it)

But yeah, @Robo432343 How does this comment make you any better? I commented twice as directly with my report and explained my report to him. I honestly can't tell if you are deliberately trying to make me look bad or something.
@Agnaa @Armorchompy
I know what I said and did in the thread was wrong and there's nothing I can do to get my sentence reduced, and I'm really and very sorry for it.

Not counting staff votes on a thread may not be a violation itself, since ppl can forget at times (ofc, just setting an example it’s not the case with Omnificence). What matters is the intention of the OP if they’re trying to manipulate votes to get an unapproved CRT applied. From what’s presented, I don’t see him trying to apply a CRT that’s been rejected by multiple staff members (only having outbursts against disagreements), hence directly accusing him of vote manipulation perhaps sounds a bit harsh. This just seems like he’s just mad against the ppl who disagreed; not necessarily trying to manipulate the direction of the CRT. Honestly, we should warn him to stop blatantly being aggressive against input of disagreeing staff members and note that he won’t intentionally disregard staff votes. Like, list all of the votes or don’t even put a tally in the first place, if you can’t handle the job of counting staff input.

Last edited:
Reviewing the thread, l will say that this warning should be a very stern one.

At the first sign of a large-scale disagreement from a staff member, the OP replied to armor with:
sigh Why do I even try to be friendly with you?
To clarify, I’m not citing this because it’s a rule violation in of itself, I’m just saying that it shows that (1) he’s very clearly acknowledged the fact that staff are disagreeing, and (2) is responding negatively towards that …..

Which, to me, holds the fact that they didn’t count votes in a different light. It shows that theres distastefulness towards those disagreeing, and provides an incentive to not count the disagreeing votes.

On that note, I don’t particularly agree with the “he forgot” thing. See, too me, If you forget to count votes…. you forget to count them all… I don’t reasonably see how someone could forget to count disagreeing votes, but remember to count agreeing votes… unless it was intentional.

Regardless, the user appears to be apologetic, and seems to be otherwise well behaved, so, as said, I am fine with a warning on this matter.

Reviewing the thread, l will say that this warning should be a very stern one.

At the first sign of a large-scale disagreement from a staff member, the OP replied to armor with:

To clarify, I’m not citing this because it’s a rule violation in of itself, I’m just saying that it shows that (1) he’s very clearly acknowledged the fact that staff are disagreeing, and (2) is responding negatively towards that …..

Which, to me, holds the fact that they didn’t count votes in a different light. It shows that theres distastefulness towards those disagreeing, and provides an incentive to not count the disagreeing votes.

On that note, I don’t particularly agree with the “he forgot” thing. See, too me, If you forget to count votes…. you forget to count them all… I don’t reasonably see how someone could forget to count disagreeing votes, but remember to count agreeing votes… unless it was intentional.

Regardless, the user appears to be apologetic, and seems to be otherwise well behaved, so, as said, I am fine with a warning on this matter.
Exactly my stance on this. He’s salty, disrespectful and being immature of staff members disagreeing with his CRT. Of course he didn’t forget listing down staff disagreements; I was only setting a general example when referencing it.

Exactly my stance on this. He’s salty, disrespectful and being immature of staff members disagreeing with his CRT. Of course he didn’t forget listing down staff disagreements; I was only setting a general example when referencing it.
C'mon, I said I was sorry. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you all, I'll do it. If not, I'll take my sentence without further complaints. I know what I did was wrong and I have no excuse or justification for it; it's just that whenever I try to pass upgrades for the Super Mario Bros after that downgrade, I feel like people are opposed to them and have something against me

Last edited:

hey man...maybe you should stop commenting on RVR threads not involving you
a staff member had already told you to stop
I already know that is why I am trying to minimize my messages here and only do it when I get pinged or have a report, This time I was only replying to a message that questioned my and Agna's report. I think that sending one message explaining it is fine.

I am deeply sorry for sending an extra message here, but I will delete it in 1 hour if you don't beat me to it)

But yeah, @Robo432343 How does this comment make you any better? I commented twice as directly with my report and explained my report to him. I honestly can't tell if you are deliberately trying to make me look bad or something.
Not counting staff votes on a thread may not be a violation itself, since ppl can forget at times (ofc, just setting an example it’s not the case with Omnificence). What matters is the intention of the OP if they’re trying to manipulate votes to get an unapproved CRT applied. From what’s presented, I don’t see him trying to apply a CRT that’s been rejected by multiple staff members (only having outbursts against disagreements), hence directly accusing him of vote manipulation perhaps sounds a bit harsh. This just seems like he’s just mad against the ppl who disagreed; not necessarily trying to manipulate the direction of the CRT. Honestly, we should warn him to stop blatantly being aggressive against input of disagreeing staff members and note that he won’t intentionally disregard staff votes. Like, list all of the votes or don’t even put a tally in the first place, if you can’t handle the job of counting staff input.
I admit it, the reason I'm like this and I'm making these threads is because of the downgrade that got passed for the Super Mario Bros. I'm a bit disappointed it got passed, but I'm not entirely against it. However, I also wanna bring back the things that make sense to the series like the Power Star key and whatnot. I am trying and want to be friendly with users like @Armorchompy, and maybe I'm being a bit oversensitive when I say it, but the way he seldomly speaks to me whenever he evaluates my calculations or replies in my threads with profanity and things like "see how they cook you" or "Did you think that was a personal opinion you were free to ignore?" makes me feel as though users such as him harbor a grudge against me after what happened last time between him and I or completely oppose the changes I try to bring to the table for the verse.

Can't we please get along more with one another in these threads or calculations I make for the verse? I'm really trying to learn be better after the last ban I got and I don't want the same to happen again.

I'm really sorry for everything; I'll let you all decide my sentence without any further complaints.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it wasn't intended to be manipulation per say, but just a he didn't like their arguments and frustration kept them from updating the vote count. Not that it excuses that since Spite is still an offense none of the less. But I agree with Antvasima that a warning is fine.
I don't mind their arguments; it's just the way users like @Armorchompy speak by using insults or profanity when posting them gets me a bit defensive. Also, I wasn't aware that not counting "disagree" votes was a form of vote manipulation. Like, this is the first time I ever heard about that.

But anyway, I've said enough.

Last edited:
To be clear, to avoid slandering the staff named, you were rude first. Your OP already opened up with a demeaning tone to people who disagreed ("B-b-but Joe?..." etc), and Armor was very much cordial in his first message- to which you replied "Sigh why do I even try being nice to you?" I feel I do not need to explain why this is an insanely rude thing to say whenever someone mildly disagrees with you.

In all stages of the thread, you were rude first, to which Chariot reciprocated (not to the degree of your own rudeness, I feel it relevant to note), and Armor ignored until the very end, when you manipulated the votes by ignoring all of the votes against your proposal. You're misrepresenting them again, as if to score some moral victory, as though a warning wasn't a light enough punishment for straight up lying about staff votes.

To the other staff on this thread: I do not ask that we graduate from a warning, but I want to take note here of what is happening. I find this behavior extremely manipulative and thus, obviously, concerning. Bear in mind for the future.

In all stages of the thread, you were rude first, to which Chariot reciprocated (not to the degree of your own rudeness, I feel it relevant to note), and Armor ignored until the very end, when you manipulated the votes by ignoring all of the votes against your proposal
I told Chompy I was sorry for the misunderstanding and that I didn't mean to be offensive to Chariot when I spoke to him.

Why do you all hate me so much?

Yeah, that doesn't change anything though, especially when you keep on acting vaguely rude and insulting all throughout, and go on to ignore their votes. An apology is only worthwhile if it marks a change in behavior. You didn't change. You swore and you lied and now you're trying to paint Armor as the one who was rude, which I find an unacceptable final manipulation.

Take your warning and be glad it is not worse, because we most certainly have banned people for similar, milder cases.

Yeah, that doesn't change anything though, especially when you keep on acting vaguely rude and insulting all throughout, and go on to ignore their votes. An apology is only worthwhile if it marks a change in behavior. You didn't change. You swore and you lied and now you're trying to paint Armor as the one who was rude, which I find an unacceptable final manipulation.

Take your warning and be glad it is not worse, because we most certainly have banned people for similar, milder cases.
I swore, lied and painted him as rude? This is literally him swearing on my profile when I asked him the first time not to. And here's him saying things like "see how they cook you" or "Did you think that was a personal opinion you were free to ignore?"

I disagree with there just being a warning. This was a 100% purposeful attempt to (very short-sightedly) manipulate people into thinking there was a consensus when there wasn't. His claims that "I forgot about the disagreements" and that "I didn't know it was against the rules" are not only obvious lies (Agnaa had specifically reminded him of the disagreements earlier in the thread) but contrast one another (How can you do something on purpose because you thought it was allowed, if you didn't do it on purpose?)
Omnificence has been a good member in general as far as I am aware. 🙏
Omnificence is generally a well behaved member and I don't see him repeating this.
He was literally banned in the past for acting toxic in regards to the same verse, and did the same in this very thread- he is not "well-behaved" and this is just another case of him acting irrational regarding the verse. He constantly acts demeaning and snarky while immediately flying off the handle the second he perceives someone doing the same to him/acting like he's being unfairly targeted the second he's under accusation, he often acts in sneaky manners (such as by simply ignoring forum rejections of calculations and getting different CGMs to approve them- which isn't breaking any rules, for the record, but is definitely an indication of his lack of scruples), this is just a particularly notable showing of his typical behavior.

I disagree with there just being a warning. This was a 100% purposeful attempt to (very short-sightedly) manipulate people into thinking there was a consensus when there wasn't. His claims that "I forgot about the disagreements" and that "I didn't know it was against the rules" are not only obvious lies (Agnaa had specifically reminded him of the disagreements earlier in the thread) but contrast one another (How can you do something on purpose because you thought it was allowed, if you didn't do it on purpose?)

He was literally banned in the past for acting toxic in regards to the same verse, and did the same in this very thread- he is not "well-behaved" and this is just another case of him acting irrational regarding the verse. He constantly acts demeaning and snarky while flying off the handle the second he perceives someone doing the same to him, he acts in sneaky manners (such as by simply ignoring forum rejections of calculations and getting different CGMs to approve them), this is just a bigger showing of his typical behavior.
I told you I was sorry for what I did in the past. Why do you hate me so much for that? Do you not forgive me for what I did? Do you harbor some kind of grudge against me? I swear, I DID forget to add the disagreement votes into the OP; that was the first time I ever did. I mean, I wasn't even aware that was a display of vote manipulation.

I'm trying to patch things up with you and everyone else for all that I did wrong. I mean, I already settled the score with your bud KLOL. Now why can't we compromise?

I told you I was sorry for what I did in the past. Why do you hate me so much for that? Do you not forgive me for what I did? Do you harbor some kind of grudge against me? I swear, I DID forget to add the disagreement votes into the OP; I mean, I wasn't even aware that was a display of vote manipulation.

I'm trying to patch things up with you and everyone else for all that I did wrong. I mean, I already settled the score with your bud KLOL. Now why can't we compromise?
Joe.

You're being a hypocrite.

You are trying to use things you found in the past offensive to demean Armor, while trying to prevent him from mentioning that people were wrong, you are not a longstanding well-behaving member, that you have been banned for similar shit. Your own digging into the past is pointless, but Armor's has a mechanical function, to accurately portray the situation you've made.

I'm switching. I agree with Armor. Trying to tilt every single message on this thread like this is indicative of an extremely negative trend. A ban of some duration is in order.

Joe.

You're being a hypocrite.

You are trying to use things you found in the past offensive to demean Armor, while trying to prevent him from mentioning that people were wrong, you are not a longstanding well-behaving member, that you have been banned for similar shit. Your own digging into the past is pointless, but Armor's has a mechanical function, to accurately portray the situation you've made.

I'm switching. I agree with Armor. Trying to tilt every single message on this thread like this is indicative of an extremely negative trend. A ban of some duration is in order.
I promise I'll stop. I really don't wanna be banned for another month, though. I know I'm wrong. I know that I'm being a hypocrite. I know I don't have an excuse or justification for what I did. I'm just dealing with a lot in life.

I can see deleted messages, Joe. And it's just more of the same twisting-of-words.

I don't want anyone gone, Joe. I want you to mean it when you apologize. I want your apologies to hold some semblance of actual meaning. I want you to stop doing the thing you keep doing, and then pretending like an apology absolves you of it, just so you can go do it again. I want you to treat other people with a basic level of respect and dignity, and to stop becoming so hypocritically self-righteously upset when anyone has the gall to take note of your actions.

You are an unfair person, Joe. You have treated others unfairly. In doing so you have violated our rules on several ends, multiple times. You are not a victim, you make victims. And so I think a ban of some length is in order. Perhaps afterwards you will return with a better mindset to deal with people.

I don't want anyone gone, Joe. I want you to mean it when you apologize. I want your apologies to hold some semblance of actual meaning. I want you to stop doing the thing you keep doing, and then pretending like an apology absolves you of it, just so you can go do it again. I want you to treat other people with a basic level of respect and dignity, and to stop becoming so hypocritically self-righteously upset when anyone has the gall to take note of your actions.

You are an unfair person, Joe. You have treated others unfairly. In doing so you have violated our rules on several ends, multiple times. You are not a victim, you make victims. And so I think a ban of some length is in order. Perhaps afterwards you will return with a better mindset to deal with people.
I know you want me to stop doing it, and I want to stop doing it as well. I tried to be better after the ban I got before, but the things I'm dealing with in life right now such as working two jobs, dealing with a scam that happened months ago, and my parents being in pain ever since a car accident just made it even worse and are putting a lot of stress on me and depressing me. I haven't been the same since that happened.

Last edited:
I am sorry that your parents are in pain, and that life has you stressed. That much I can sympathize with.

Still, our rules are as they are, and stand for everyone, and you have broken them time and time again. Perhaps a month or two off would be good for all parties. It would give you some apparent much-needed alleviation to your woes, and it would sufficiently match the measure of the rules broken.

Perhaps a month or two off would be good for all parties. It would give you some apparent much-needed alleviation to your woes
Okay. I really do want a break from here, anyway, thank you. I'm fine with a month or a few weeks-long ban.

Please, though, for my sake, get it over with.

Last edited:
He was literally banned in the past for acting toxic in regards to the same verse, and did the same in this very thread- he is not "well-behaved" and this is just another case of him acting irrational regarding the verse. He constantly acts demeaning and snarky while immediately flying off the handle the second he perceives someone doing the same to him/acting like he's being unfairly targeted the second he's under accusation
I wasn't aware of his ban for being toxic. Since it was for the same verse, I think a topic ban for that verse should be considered, perhaps a 3-month ban along with a 1-month general ban?

Personally, I wouldn't advocate for both. Either one or the other
Yeah, I thought about it more and the user's manipulative nature makes me think it's not just about a specific verse. I'm fine with a general ban of one or two months.

Edit: I didn't notice Bambu banned the user already. Apologies for keeping the conversation going.

Back