• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

This thread is not going to devolve into a six-hour whining rant about Dread speaking on staff threads. We will be keeping track of individuals who offer unwanted/inappropriate messages on staff-only threads in the future. As I said, we're moving on now.
It's a whining rant because we're reporting her?? What the hell are you talking about?
In case you forgot, this thread is about reporting people who broke the rules (which Dread has done more than there are stars in the sky) and evaluating the reports, seeing whether they're worth punishing and how severe the punishment should be. If you're proving to be too impatient to even do the second step without shutting it all down I don't see how you're fit to be staff.

There is no rule for what method a staff gives permission whether it be message walls, PMs, or even Discord messages. But it's generally appreciated to either show evidence, or if the staff in question mentions on the thread to confirm that they gave them permission to post once or something along those lines.

There is no rule for what method a staff gives permission whether it be message walls, PMs, or even Discord messages. But it's generally appreciated to either show evidence, or if the staff in question mentions on the thread to confirm that they gave them permission to post once or something along those lines.
I have done so in @Deagonx's s DMs. He can confirm this. I can do the same in your dms if it is still a worthy issue.

Also I simply edited my main post that I got the permission. I don't get the reason of all this derail after the recognition

Can all of y'all stop commenting for no reason?

And you @ShionAH. That's two or three messages in a row that have contributed absolutely nothing. I am threadbanning you from the RVR for a week.

And everyone else who commented something useless and unasked for has been noticed. Consider this the test bed for the new way this thread gets processed.

Dang that's like 2 examples of power abuse in last 5 minutes. You don't have to be part of the situation to give input, and calling people randoms if unnecessary ☕
Responding to this specifically... Yeah. You absolutely indeed. See the OP, we have rules specifically to avoid what you guys are doing. You either stop or get threadbanned, and some of you are teetering a very fine line right now (Shion has already ignored his threadban, that's grounds for a potential block).

To put a final little bow on this shitcrendo, let's talk about what the actual report was about.

Yes, you can get permission on Discord. People have been doing it for years even. Notice how y'all only started having a problem with it when somebody you don't like is doing it, and thus there now needs to be legislation for it.

Yes, Dread should have mentioned who gave her permission. But this is a """crime""" many others commit, and I don't see none of them being reported. Some of said people haven't even gotten permission at all on the threads they comment, and I don't see a soul asking for them to be punished.

Yes, thinking you're right doesn't give you the ability to spam the shit out of the RVR with insults, memes and confirmations that add nothing. This has always been the case, and the only difference is that now we're enforcing it. You want to throw around meaningless faff, go to an F&G thread.

If you find something that Dread has done which is genuinely against the rules rather than simply annoying you, I'll be the first man to to agree with you. But in the meantime telling me that I lick her ass ain't exactly winning you points, bubba. That's the final word on this.

And side note: Abstractions is a woman.

giphy.webp

Anything else to add?

I have mentioned in my post literally after I responded to someone's comment. Again, this is simply a false report which can be avoided.
Also, no I am not comfortable sharing my DMs publicly - there is privacy in my DMs, specially with her. I have shared it to Deagonx, because I trust him, otherwise I am pretty sure not obligated to share it unless I am required to, which in case, I have done so.

Also, not getting topic-off, but those all derailments that happened and disrespectful, rude comments makes me question if it was intentional to report me for the sake of getting me banned or not.

This is also irrelevant, since the report was not whether I lied about permission or not, its if I had one in the beginning which in fact, I had it but I simply forget it to mention it in my original post.

Last edited:
I also heard Abstractions mention offsite she confirmed given Dread permission. But as mentioned earlier; there is no strict rule about the method in which one got permission, but it's preferable to either screenshot or have another staff member; any staff member who seen in not just the one who gave them, may give a word of mouth that they confirm it is true.

And using the N word on site, in the RVR. Aighty. And I was trying to stay impartial.

I've taken the liberty of banning them for a year. My fellow staff can decide on whether that's too much.
Year is probably a bit harsh but then again with Fandom being as strict as it is on racial slurs there's an argument for that duration, for sure, especially in conjunction with incredibly ***** behavior across this thread.

Year is probably a bit harsh but then again with Fandom being as strict as it is on racial slurs there's an argument for that duration, for sure, especially in conjunction with incredibly ***** behavior across this thread.
Yeah, by itself I'd say a year is too harsh (if they're black) but they were also already digging a hole for themselves throughout this thread up until now. A year should suffice, given all this

Last edited:
And using the N word on site, in the RVR. Aighty. And I was trying to stay impartial.

I've taken the liberty of banning them for a year. My fellow staff can decide on whether that's too much.
I have a question. Why exactly was Ravee banned? Insult or something more serious?

What you are doing now and what you (most of the staff members) have always done is nothing more than licking Dread's ass. Cringe asf

Dread wants it noted further that Ravee made this rather inflammatory comment about her and advocated that the ban be extended on such grounds (sexual harassment).

I have a question. If a person is Russian by nationality, can he get banned on the forum and wiki?
No. What the ****?

I'm assuming this pertains to the war in Ukraine and certain connotations that might come from it regarding Russians.

In which case, let it be known that this wiki will NEVER discriminate on the basis of nationality. You have nothing to be concerned of.

That's not sexual harassment. The expression doesn't mean anything inherently sexual (the fact this even needs explanation...)
Sexual harassment at least in corporate settings generally extends to any sexual remarks directed at someone. It almost certainly would be a pretty serious HR violation.

But semantics/labelling notwithstanding it was a very inappropriate remark and Dread is valid in feeling uncomfortable being spoken about like that. Whether we extend the ban on that basis is a separate matter, but i was asked to bring it up so I have.

Back