• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

But semantics/labelling notwithstanding it was a very inappropriate remark and Dread is valid in feeling uncomfortable being spoken about like that. Whether we extend the ban on that basis is a separate matter, but i was asked to bring it up so I have.
Entirely different matter, indeed.

I wouldn't extend the ban on grounds of "sexual harassment". At best, just general rudeness, which 1 year covers more than enough.

That's not sexual harassment. The expression doesn't mean anything inherently sexual (the fact this even needs explanation...)
I understand that you may have a different interpretation, but it's important to consider the context and impact of our words. The expression 'the word' is vulgar and sexually explicit in nature, and it can be seen as disrespectful and offensive by many people and specially by me.

This type of comments or behavior can be considered disrespectful, offensive, and sexual harassing.

I understand that you may have a different interpretation, but it's important to consider the context and impact of our words. The expression 'the word' is vulgar and sexually explicit in nature, and it can be seen as disrespectful and offensive by many people and specially by me.

This type of comments or behavior can be considered disrespectful, offensive, and sexual harassing.
The context is entirely non sexual.

It's about, essentially, "protecting you". Whether you want to ascribe something more there, that's on you personally, which I don't dispute.

Last thing I'll comment on the matter.

The context is entirely non sexual.

It's about, essentially, "protecting you". Whether you want to ascribe something more there, that's on you personally, which I don't dispute.

Last thing I'll comment on the matter.
Alright. I guess I was a bit overreacted. I would say it does contain derogatory language and insults.

But I won't push it any further after acknowledging that's its not necessarily a sexual harassment in that context.

I apologise for this.

IDK what the hell to make of this. I only told him I won't change my opinion until his blog gets accepted by staff en masse, and he jumps to calling me ignorant.

I like not to dwell on such petty retorts so y'all can take it from here.

Rudeness on-site is considered a rule violation, just a very petty one and generally not report-worthy unless continued over an extended period of time (a fact that I believe a good few members would do well to remember).

That guy wasn't worthy of a rule violation report, just bear it in mind for the future.

Reporting @TheMonkeMan for this comment and some others in the same thread.
I apologized to him about it in private, I was just incredibly pissed because my report on Dread was disregarded and I got thread banned for practically no good reason, so I started taking it out on others.
I'm sorry about that. I understand that it's right to be angry about my report being thrown in the trash, but going off at Bambu and the others for it wasn't right.
You can give me a warning, ban, etc.
I'll accept it. But am I that crazy for being so frustrated?
You delete my posts reminding you to evaluate my report, then threadban me because of it, when all I wanted to do was bring attention to the fact that Dread has been commenting on staff threads for almost a year with no repercussions.
That doesn't seem fair to me, even if my responses to it afterward were rude and immature.
I'm going to request that you look at my report again, because I really don't see why my actions would make it anywhere near fair to ignore a valid report like that.

Please leave this to the staff if the report isn't directly related to you.
Apologies... he said that in the server where I am, and I felt mentioning it, so he can defend himself (since everyone has right for defending themselves)

I was sure that Deagonx forget about it, and I wanted to remind him.

You can simply delete my two comments but I think it was worth mentioning, even if the user above despises me in every aspect.

A warning should work (unless there's a prior track record I'm unaware of).
I'll take a warning, but will my report ever be taken into account?
I spent some time on gathering evidence for it. I feel that it should be properly evaluated.
Unless there's a valid reason for Dread being able to comment on staff threads so much without actually being staff her self, though I doubt there is.

We have a widespread issue with people commenting on staff threads without issue and no action being taken. We won't single out and make an example of Dread just because some people have a grudge against her.

If we decide to become systematically more strict about it, and it continues, then that's one thing. But she is far far from alone in doing so

I'll take a warning, but will my report ever be taken into account?
I spent some time on gathering evidence for it. I feel that it should be properly evaluated.
Unless there's a valid reason for Dread being able to comment on staff threads so much without actually being staff her self, though I doubt there is.
That matter got resolved already, my friend. The conclusion per Bambu's instructions was to take the report in consideration, but that no action needs to be taken at present:

This thread is not going to devolve into a six-hour whining rant about Dread speaking on staff threads. We will be keeping track of individuals who offer unwanted/inappropriate messages on staff-only threads in the future. As I said, we're moving on now.

The report you filed against me seems to have been hastily put together and lacked sufficient evidence. The provided link was invalid, preventing me from adequately defending myself and requiring me to conduct my own research. This raises concerns about the fairness of the process from my perspective.

Furthermore, you made a significant accusation and claimed that you would provide evidence to support it. I have actively participated in numerous staff threads, contributed to the community by assisting with Ant and others, and have been involved in various other staff-related tasks.

Considering these factors, it appears that the report against me was unfounded and motivated by animosity, especially after you acknowledged that the previous report from RaveeCPN was false.

This is my last post but if you think I need to prove your own claim, then you are wrong. I am not obligated to.

We have a widespread issue with people commenting on staff threads without issue and no action being taken. We won't single out and make an example of Dread just because some people have a grudge against her.

If we decide to become systematically more strict about it, and it continues, then that's one thing. But she is far far from alone in doing so
In fairness though, by letting cases continue to go under the radar like this, it only becomes more of an issue. If other people are also doing this, crack down on that as well.

I'll say this though, someone doing something that lots of others do doesn't make them any better.
She should still get a punishment.
It's not about having a grudge against her, either.
I hate her, I'll admit that much, but I'm not doing this out of hate. I'm doing it out of her breaking the rules tens of times.

I have actively participated in numerous staff threads, contributed to the community by assisting with Ant and others, and have been involved in various other staff-related tasks.
The question remains: Were you getting permission from staff to participate in these? Besides, of course, any staff threads you yourself may have created.
Considering these factors, it appears that the report against me was unfounded and motivated by animosity, especially after you acknowledged that the previous report from RaveeCPN was false.
I hate her, I'll admit that much, but I'm not doing this out of hate. I'm doing it out of her breaking the rules tens of times.
Getting into motives is only gonna poison the well further so I suggest we don't get into that

In fairness though, by letting cases continue to go under the radar like this, it only becomes more of an issue. If other people are also doing this, crack down on that as well.
While I agree with the sentiment, unfortunately, by the fact we haven't got a record of the many incidents, coupled with the fact that research on it would still be severely limited with simple facts such as "did they ask beforehand and the staff in question forgot", it wouldn't be right to punish Dread now. She's got the equivalent of a warning and we will take a better look at the matter going forward. That's the best we can do with things as they are.

The report you filed against me seems to have been hastily put together and lacked sufficient evidence. The provided link was invalid, preventing me from adequately defending myself and requiring me to conduct my own research. This raises concerns about the fairness of the process from my perspective.

Furthermore, you made a significant accusation and claimed that you would provide evidence to support it. I have actively participated in numerous staff threads, contributed to the community by assisting with Ant and others, and have been involved in various other staff-related tasks.

This is my last post but if you think I need to prove your own claim, then you are wrong. I am not obligated to.
One:
Literally just click on the links, or use the advanced search option, look up your name, and look in "Wiki Management " and "Staff Discussion" threads.
You'll find tons of pages on the RVR and Staff threads.
It wasn't out of animosity, again I admit I have a lot of that towards you but that was not at all the reason for the report.
Not entirely sure how I ended up having to say something this obvious, but if you break the rules.. You get reported.

Last edited:
I'll say this though, someone doing something that lots of others do doesn't make them any better.
She should still get a punishment.
It's not about having a grudge against her, either.
And nobody else has? We either ban all of them or none of them and last I checked we don't have written legislation against asking mods for permission off-site.

If any written legislation were to be made, punishment will come only if the infraction came after the legislation was put into place. We do not punish retroactively. That would be very dumb.

In which world I am obligated to do your own work to prove your claim right?

Like guys? Anyone hearing this right? Why should I prove his claim to be accurate.

This is spiteful. I created over 15 staff threads, some even with Crab and others. I literally got pinged in some of them by Ant TO complete staff's task.

Ain't no way I get this treatment.

While I agree with the sentiment, unfortunately, by the fact we haven't got a record of the many incidents, coupled with the fact that research on it would still be severely limited with simple facts such as "did they ask beforehand and the staff in question forgot", it wouldn't be right to punish Dread now. She's got the equivalent of a warning and we will take a better look at the matter going forward. That's the best we can do with things as they are.
If that's the best that can be done atm with what we've got, fair enough. In general I feel this issue of non-staff commenting on staff threads without permission needs to be given more attention than it currently does

Back