• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

And nobody else has? We either ban all of them or none of them and last I checked we don't have written legislation against asking mods for permission off-site.

If any written legislation were to be made, punishment will come only if the infraction came after the legislation was put into place. We do not punish retroactively. That would be very dumb.
No no, I'm not talking about the og report, Abstractions actually told me and others that she gave her permission as well.
The problem is every other time she's commented on staff threads, which to my knowledge was without permission.
In which world I am obligated to do your own work to prove your claim right?

Like guys? Anyone hearing this right? Why should I prove his claim to be accurate
Oh, so you're happy to pull up evidence and context for other reports but mine is too hard for you to do that?

Alright, @TheMonkeMan and @ImmortalDread, as already raised, the issue got resolve. Move on now, we are spamming the thread again with the same topic.
No it's not fine.

I ain't taking this accusations. This is simply completely unfair against me. I am not obligated to prove his claim right. Under which conditions, I should be punished? Because someone generalised my behaviour without a single evidence?

Hell, his whole report was: Look at Dread's history and gives a invalid link, and tell to me, I should search it myself.

And then claims I have done it countless times, and even that claim was unproven.

No it's not fine.

I ain't taking this accusations. This is simply completely unfair against me. I am not obligated to prove his claim right. Under which conditions, I should be punished? Because someone generalised my behaviour without a single evidence?
Dread. The issue got resolved. If you wanna bicker, do it on his wall. Final warning to drop it.

As mentioned by Maverick, you are getting a warning for now. I agree with that conclusion, but if other staff disagree, so shall it be.

I will be deleting further comments on the topic from here on.
Okay. I'll accept this warning.
Thanks for communicating maturely and getting to the point. I'll try not to do it again.

On another note. It was suggested to me that the thread in question that MonkeMan commented in should be closed because it's basically just a free for all of toxic comments and insults.

I think the thread is corrupted by a handful of people who use it as a guise for their genuine hatred. The way I see it, if these individuals do not shape up, we will be forced to crack down on Fun and Games, since these individuals use it to present a front of lightheartedness when, as can be seen in Monke's case, underneath there is very real, tangible, seething, and irrational hatred that leads to shitstorms such as the one witnessed on this thread today.

Most people on the thread are fine. Some are less fine, and that is demonstrably a problem.

As someone who participated in that "dog piling", what we did was nothing more of childish, immature banter.

The only person that I can recall that went out of line was @Artorimachi_Meteoraft.

Admittedly, I was very salty about the fact that my verse was about to get deleted, but I tried my best to refrain from genuinely insulting Bambu.

Bambu and I have since apologized to each other.

The problem is, as others have pointed out, when the thin veneer of shitposting reveals a public venue for actively trash talking other users in a pretty vicious way. I don't particularly appreciate being called scummy.

The problem is, as others have pointed out, when the thin veneer of shitposting reveals a public venue for actively trash talking other users in a pretty vicious way. I don't particularly appreciate being called scummy.
Bambu knew the jokes I was making was just childish banter. He knew I was coping when making those jokes. However, I made sure my jokes didn't fall into the category of genuinely trash talking or insulting Bambu, which some people in that thread were unable to do.

Was I a bit frustrated when making those memes? Yes. But were the memes I made vicious and ill-mannered? No. The same applies to a good portion of people in that thread who joined in on slandering Bambu.

Which I didn't do out of actual hate for you, but out of anger due to you perm abusing.
I don't hate you, nor do I hate anyone else here... Well, most of the people here.
I was just pissed and started going off at anyone who provoked me, which I was already warned for by Maverick and Lephyr.

Plus, it's fine that y'all were already warned about it, but it's still worthwhile to point out that the thread has devolved into thinly veiled shittalking on a few occasions. That doesn't mean you two are gonna get punished again, but it means the thread may get locked.

First of all, this is almost 2 weeks old...

Second, from what I can tell, Bambu was getting shit flung at him from every corner due to his stance on WWE stuff (I'm guessing the removal of the verse due to stage persona rules). Don't you think it's fair for him to at some point have enough of it?

My issue is that, since Bambu clearly wasn’t exactly cool with it at all, it was essentially just shit talk. Fine if the situation resolved itself, but being frustrated with a WWE thread does not give a free pass to trash talk someone.
Plus, it's fine that y'all were already warned about it, but it's still worthwhile to point out that the thread has devolved into thinly veiled shittalking on a few occasions. That doesn't mean you two are gonna get punished again, but it means the thread may get locked.
I can't speak much on the other people, but I'm doubling down on the fact that the memes I was making wasn't blatant shit talk. It was childish/immature banter at worse.

I can probably pull up a few examples of genuine shit talk if I cared enough, but overall, my opinion stands.

Bambu and I had a great talk about the situation, we both apologized like men, and we leave it in the past.

You're the ones reigniting the flames from something that was resolved a week ago.

First of all, this is almost 2 weeks old...
So is the other stuff.
Second, from what I can tell, Bambu was getting shit flung at him from every corner due to his stance on WWE stuff (I'm guessing the removal of the verse due to stage persona rules). Don't you think it's fair for him to at some point have enough of it?
This was before it, or at the start of it.
All I said was that he and other staff let a verse involving rape and sex stay, but WWE is threatened to be removed for something less severe.
He disproved it, saying that he actually wanted the other verse gone as well.
However, he then went onto my wall to insult me for it and posted another comment going further.
Now I'm not trying to get him demoted or anything, but all I'm saying is that both sides were toxic.
I and Randomguy apologized though. Not sure about the others.

I can't speak much on the other people, but I'm doubling down on the fact that the memes I was making wasn't blatant shit talk. It was childish/immature banter at worse.

I can probably pull up a few examples of genuine shit talk if I cared enough, but overall, my opinion stands.

Bambu and I had a great talk about the situation, we both apologized like men, and we leave it in the past.

You're the ones reigniting the flames from something that was resolved a week ago.
You’re missing the point. This isn’t about specifically you, the issue is the thread being used as a venue for toxicity.

As I explicitly said, it's not to relitigate whether you or anyone else should be punished.

It's to demonstrate a pattern of behaviour spurred on by the nature of the thread itself.

The line between "fun, ironic, playfully poking fun at people who are okay with it" and "making another user feel like shit because they took the joke (or 'joke') wrong" is thin.
However, he then went onto my wall to insult me for it and posted another comment going further.
Now I'm not trying to get him demoted or anything, but all I'm saying is that both sides were toxic.
I and Randomguy apologized though. Not sure about the others.
That's irrelevant to the scope of the current discussion, since it was outside of that thread, and occurred after the conduct in that thread.

You’re missing the point. This isn’t about specifically you, the issue is the thread being used as a venue for toxicity.
Once again...

We. Moved. On.

Of course we throw the occasional jab at each other, but the whole entire situation has calmed down, and everyone has moved on from it. I'll reiterate that I'm speaking in a general sense so you don't get it confused with me making it about myself.

Why are you closing the thread over shit that happened a week or 2 ago?
Not over shit that happened a week or two ago, shit that happened today (etc. not gonna bother looking for more). Stuff from two weeks ago was brought up to establish a precedent, since Clover said it's not usually like that.
Not to mention that you could just punish the people who derail it into a shit slinging contest, like you did with me.
The thread, by its nature, already walks that line.

This wouldn't be the first time we've closed a "borderline but in concept okay" thread because people keep breaking the rules in it (last time it was threads about posting pics of attractive characters, that repeatedly devolved into NSFW posts).

I mean, if the thread is still causing that much of a significant issue, the best thing that you could do is just close it.

Not over shit that happened a week or two ago, shit that happened today (etc. not gonna bother looking for more). Stuff from two weeks ago was brought up to establish a precedent, since Clover said it's not usually like that.
Yes, and those specific people who were making those comments should be held accountable, as they are unnecessarily inflammatory.

Hell, most people in the same thread came together in unison to tell a certain someone (he knows I'm talking about him) to calm the **** down with the "slander", because he was getting out of hand.

Or we can just close the thread instead of playing this futile whack a mole.

For my part, I think it should just be locked and we can be done with it. It adds no value and has resulted in a lot of toxic behavior.

The thread, by its nature, already walks that line.

This wouldn't be the first time we've closed a "borderline but in concept okay" thread because people keep breaking the rules in it (last time it was threads about posting pics of attractive characters, that repeatedly devolved into NSFW posts).
First link is someone getting slandered in a slander thread.
Self explanatory, not really worth mentioning, was basically just a joke.
Second is not a very good post, but it's not a very bad one either, he's just expressing his dislike for a user.
We only "broke the rules in it" twice, and again I was already warned for the second time.

Or we can just close the thread instead of playing this futile whack a mole.

For my part, I think it should just be locked and we can be done with it. It adds no value and has resulted in a lot of toxic behavior.
That's literally what I've just suggested earlier. Because it does occur that people has been abusing the thread for the sake of ranting about mods they don't like

Back