• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wokistan said:
Blocked Tyrone. The others do still have other contribs, and kudosing in itself isn't an offense as opposed to a possible indicator, so I'd wait for more on them
Fair enough, it highly suspicious how many of theses accounts got many of their contributions today in the Naruto thread. In Cyboshi's case, he has no contribution and only kudos the response in the Naruto's thread. Yeah, it is best to wait for more suspicious activities.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3077314

Reiterating the report on this thread. It's becoming a bit hostile, with refusal to provide evidence and handwaving any opposition away, as well as insinuating a former mod was nefarious in closing a completed former thread on the precise same topic.

The amount of pretty obvious sockpuppet accounts participating seems to call into question the validity and integrity of the entire thread, as well as the fact that this precise topic was debunked and no new evidence has been brought forth from a year ago; I'd request a mod or two look into this matter.

^ To add to this, several of the users that are becoming hostile and a majority of them that spammed the thread of their agreements with the OP literally made their accounts today and immediately went to this thread to comment that they agree. It's obviously being brigaded with sockpuppets.

I would appreciate help from other admins with investigating the issue of the likely single-issue pushing sockpuppets, as I am tired and very busy.

Yeah, it's certainly very suspicious. The following 4 accounts were created the same day and their first edit was on the Kakuzu thread, all of them more or less saying the same thing - "Kakuzu is downplayed". Their comments didn't even look like they are first time users.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Nelliels

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/LunethdaGreat

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Cyboshi

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Prophesier

The following two accounts were created before but only had 1-2 edits. After a very long period of inactivity, they suddenly turn up in the Kakuzu thread, again more or less saying that "Kakuzu is downplayed".

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/GodlyTae

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Foliedeux

Seems like sock puppetry to me.

Yes. Agreed. It is probably best if somebody blocks them.

I thought this was necessary at this point but this user has a long history of acting incredibly bias towards the Narutoverse, using Ad Hominem to attack those who attempt to downgrade the verse by accusing others of downplay, bias, etc. He also has a big tendency to bring other series such as Bleach into Naruto threads and obviously those two franchises don't mix well much like oil and water. That being said I think something should be done here, the punishment clearly isn't up to me but I do strongly feel as if something should be done with this user given his behavior on 95% of Naruto threads. Just to be clear, he's been given a warning before multiple times, one of which is one his wall and The Real Cal Howard has also warned him on the same thread about his behavior but he's continuing said behavior. Instigating issues with Bleach and Naruto by bringing up Bleach in most Naruto threads, constant Ad Hominem and personal attacks, accusations and overall being a general nuisance in any Naruto or Bleach related Content Revision Thread.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Omimi?useskin=oasis

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3082821#23

did u saw me going Bleach related Content and disagree in one years?

if not why did u said that?

damege creating downgrades crt/blog one after one another and u think its not anoying enough.

"he Real Cal Howard has also warned him on the same thread about his behavior but he's continuing said behavior. Instigating issues with Bleach and Naruto by bringing up Bleach in most"

false after Real Cal Howard warned me. i did nothing like bold

and multiple times on Bleach CRTs.

i didnt do anything on any bleach CRTs after i got my 1st warning in my wall

so i dont know why would u said that

@Schnee One

John985 said:
>and all of naruto downgrades. 70% agree with it are always bleach supporter.
This. All Naruto threads now does not have actually Naruto supporters, they are Bleach supporters. Thats why Omni always bring Bleach up into discussion. For a long time, Alex, Shrek, BFF (Ex Staff) and tge majority of Naruto supporters gave up of arguing because the threads are toxic, and this happened with me as well. So, this is just to let you guys know: Naruto supporters will not more arguing on those threads. We will let Bleach fans do whatever they want to with the ratings. Thats all

other also brought up Naruto in Bleach thread

and i only brought up Bleach in 1 Naruto threads

i said its look like most of bleach supporter is agreeing with naruto downgrades

which is true most of naruto supporter think that way aswell so if u think its banned-worthy then do so i wont argue

but its not same as u guys saying that i am showing my bias on bleach CRTs.

Guys, stop derailing the RVR report thread. Yes, there are people on both sides that are guilty, such as Bleach supporters approving every Naruto downgrade or every Bleach upgrade or Naruto supporters approving every Naruto upgrade or every Bleach downgrade just because it pleases their preference. But there's also people who are fans of both and people who aren't big fans of either. Whom are just trying to be reasonable for what calcs are accurate or what abilities are accurate. Some people like Damage have downgraded both verses and BFF is a fan of both iirc.

Yes, both fanbases are quite toxic, but it isn't worth bringing the drama over here.

The Naruto fanbase among the established members in this wiki is rather harmless by my experience. Part of the Bleach supporters have actually been systematically attacking Naruto in an organised manner for silly rivalry reasons though. It has turned into a problem for this wiki that some staff members have noticed.

Help to solve the situation would be very appreciated.

Apologies in advance if this qualifies as 'derailing', but since Ant brought it up:

How can ordinary members aid in putting an end to the alleged hostilites? And is there any concrete proof of what Ant asserts beyond these recent thread trends? I've only seen the exact opposite be true so far in said threads is why I ask, and while that's admitted recency bias on my part, I'm curious to see actual evidence of the somewhat serious claim being laid out before seeing staff members make such wide-ranging aspersions of supporters of an entire verse.

Well, I have been told about what is going on in private by staff members, and some of the members of the old Discord group that were banned last year have likely returned with new usernames. They largely supported Bleach.

I am obviously not remotely accusing all people who like Bleach in this wiki though. I am one of them after all.

It would be best if the people with a grudge against Naruto stay out of the revision threads in any case.

Hmm, that seems completely reasonable and fair, thank you very much for indulging my curiosity, Ant!

I'll keep an eye peeled in the threads I participate in and simply post in these threads whenever things get too heated, hopefully that can help in some small manner.

Back on track: Omimi did indeed continue to argue after being warned by The real cal howard, and was still obstinant and attempted to simply blame Bleach supporters for his own behavior. If I'm not mistaken, ignoring staff warnings and continuing to argue, then taking to a Rule Violation Report thread to spread more hateful rhetoric is severely unacceptable here.

Omimi does not seem to have done anything harmful here, but I would appreciate help to investigate by other staff members.

In that particular thread he got worked up and called out Damage personally (ad hominem) for "downgrading the verse", mainly because he was still upset about the last downgrade thread. And he was making it like it was Naruto-fans vs Naruto-haters.

While it's not anything particularly harmful, if he's acting out like this in every "Naruto downgrade" thread then perhaps a warning is warranted. But Cal already gave him one in the thread and he stopped, although after a couple angry comments.

EDIT: Omimi has requested me to add these here so that it's easy for everyone to see his comments.

ScreenShot 20190530232707
ScreenShot 20190530232805

This user is behaving really strange on this thread. Not the first time he's acted that way, and he's gotten multiple staff member warnings but he's starting to behave even worse. I've also tried sympathizing with him but I don't think that seemed to help him much.

Agreed, and based on his attitude, I doubt he's the type who listens to reason. Is a one chance warning necessary, or should we go straight for a block? Calling us trash is really bad.

At minimum he made some attempt to do something productive here, so I wouldn't mind just warning him this once. If he still keeps up tho, BFR+Null

ED's my friend so I talked to him on his wall about that. He was upset over stuff that was happening IRL and he apologized. I don't think any further action is needed and best we move on from that.

As for this SexyBayonetta22 user, he sounds like a troll. I would definitely approve blocking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back