• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't think Ed is too bad but more so just insecure and/or isn't good at acting like an adult. He's fine for now but preferably advised to take a break every now in then would be his best bet. SexyBayonetta I'm all for a block but fine with one warning.

Edit: I blocked Bayonetta for 6 months, if someone wants to extend/reduce it, they can. But most people agreed with a block.

I also think that ED just sounded like he is going through some mental problems at the moment. He has also been here for years, and didn't do anything particularly bad.

About Bayonetta, I won't say he was trolling. He is a new user and very inexperienced if you read that thread. Yes, he acted out quite agreesively when things didn't go his way, but that was a temper tantrum. I don't think trolling is the right word to justify his block.

Anyway, where are we on the sock puppet issue that was brought up before? I don't think other staff members have had the time to evaluate the situation.

@M3X

It seems to be a troll account, yes.

@All

Should we ban him, and if so, for how long?

You can make your points, but it's a basic guideline of any form of debating that a certain level of decorum and respect should be there for civility purposes.

I can be a smartass too, but it's not exactly fun for anyone except myself then.

Anyways, this is derailing, if you wanna discuss this further with me, you can move it to my wall ig.

HereComesBigBoi said:
I make my points bro I just articulate differently ya here?
From the Site Rules, many of your comments would be considered rude or others from @M3X's report. @HereComesBigBoi, your replies here and there do not lead much to be desired after especially since you had a warning about improving your behaviors 2 days ago.

• Refrain from spamming, trolling, threatening, using derogatory comments of any form (ethnic, homophobic, belittling the disabled or mentally ill, etcetera), and rude, vulgar, sexist, etcetera offensive language.
Currently, I am not against a warning or a ban but if @HereComesBigBoi has more incident again like from M3X's report then I think the best solution should be perma-ban.

@BigBoi Don't come comment this stuff on the thread violation thread, it doesn't need derailing clutter.

As for his behavior, it doesn't seem he's willing to listen but perhaps a warning would be better? Depending his response, banning him after may be the best.

where the heck am i meant to explain myself brah if i didn't even see dis thread yall would of banned me without my side of the story this shady af

HereComesBigBoi said:
why I see the staff be rude and not get the report
Staffs do get reported but from another system, as stated in the Thread Opening Statement.

• If there are genuine serious problems with the behaviour of certain staff members, do not cause drama by extensively arguing about it here, but rather contact the Human Resources Group.

I reckon Bigboi's actions are more warning worthy based on the offense alone, but idk, he seems uncooperative IMO, and tends to bring alot of fallacies while debating.

A month ban maybe? It's pretty unchill of us to ban a user infinitely for something this minor...

Also, probably us regular users should stop commenting... it may get super cluttered if everyone responds...

HereComesBigBoi said:
where the heck am i meant to explain myself brah if i didn't even see dis thread yall would of banned me without my side of the story this shady af
Pleasantly ignoring I said it would be better to give you a warning despite your behavior so you can play the victim isn't giving you any points. And again, stop arguing in the report thread.

@All I keep my thoughts, any mod should give him a more direct warning and explain if needed. But if he keeps up like this regardless, a temporary ban is the best.

LSirLancelotDuLacl seems to make sense. Is some other staff member willing to give Big a warning, or do you think that it is better to ban him?

Seeing as he's a new user, I gave him a strict warning. But if he still continues, a strict ban should be given.

DMUA said:
I don't know if we actually instated any rule about this like we talked about, but, User:Yobo Blue constantly spams the {{USERNAME}} script, and it's getting quite annoying for a lot of people. The joke's already dried up and such.

This isn't really something to punish per say, but making a rule on this is probably for the best
I'll stop, but it isn't really a rule violation per sé.

Spam is dependant on the quantity of what is being said though. I occasionally use the script in things I would have said anyway. That is by no means spam.

Spam is repeating something constantly, which causes irritation in people around you

By repeating the script constantly, people have started to be irritable to it, some even stating the mildly good joke is now entirely ruined.

Definition of spam is not that

irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.

It's at worst slightly irrelevant and is not inappropriate, and I'm not directly messaging anyone, hence it's not spam.

Yeah, having fun is one thing, but if people are getting irritated/annoyed by it, then it's no good at all. Even though a rule isn't necessary, I also think people should stop with the script. It's a one-time thing supposed to be used occasionally and stops being funny if you use it excessively.

Like DMUA, I think that rule about not using it for spamming or causing derailment/confusion would be good, not a bannable rule, but given that people won't stop on their own, we should still put it in writing.

Reporting User:Rocker1189

The user is insulting people directly repeated times in his own threads here and here , alongside numerous other persons in the thread utilizing ad hominem as opposed to argumentation.

It's slightly appalling how many outright direct insults have been thrown out by persons all supporting the OP, honestly. I was pretty fine ignoring the insults directed at my person but now other persons are being pulled into the fold and I don't believe that's fair due to their being upset and irritated with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back