• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never actually insulted anyone in that thread and was actually insulted by xulrev instead. Firstly implying that all I wanted was upgrades and wanting to get my thread closed for that reason. And then I got insulted by Regis stating that I was deliberately misleading people.

Execpt that had nothing to do with bleach fans so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Everyone please stop the drama, and especially don't bring it here. If you what to chat, go to message walls or something.

As for StrongerthanEver's case, he does appear to be a troll, so should I block him?

Just the comments you linked, I see him bringing the discussion to someone's character instead of their argument in the first link and in the second I honestly only see him using some strong language.

I don't mind the second thing very much, and the first one is very unnecessary but I'm not sure if it calls for a punishment or warning.

Take note that I only focused on what was linked and couldn't go through the entire thread to judge the context

I would appreciate if some informed administrator creates a staff only thread in which we can discuss what we can do to solve the ongoing Naruto vs Bleach drama.

Okay. You can send me a PM if you wish, but we can't just let the conflict escalate until both sides get so frustrated that they regularly insult each other and get banned en masse as a result, regardless if they have otherwise been longtime well-behaved and productive members. The constant arguments also waste the staff members' time and energy.

Then how r we gonna address this? Flame wars will always happen and even now it's still a flame war in general. If this keeps going then this is honestly going be 2x worse and will be EXTREMELY annoying. Why don't the staff members get together somewhere privately?

Privately is fine. In public is a bad idea.

Don't derail the RVR thread with this nonsense. Just ban the people who are causing trouble like how anyone else who violates the rules gets banned, problem solved.

Yes. Agreed. Let's drop this issue.

@Andytrenom

I would heavily appreciate a more thorough vetting of the threads I linked in my report, if I may request such a thing? Numerous Naruto fans blatantly break the rules and seem to be getting a free pass due to an imaginary 'flame war' that only they themselves are propagating, and Staff don't wish to be involved heavily to avoid fallout (understandable, but this appears to be a deliberate tactic as of this point).

For instance, User:TheFinalOrder outright calls me a dick and an asshole in the same comment here. He then procceeds to directly call me ignorant here and produce a wall of text essentially deriding me, and further outright calls me childish for utilizing argument ad absurdum, and ends with another insult of ignorance

User:M3X proceeds to then insult me by insinuating I have 'disgusting behavior ' in every single thread I participate in and am biased somehow. He also proceeds to insinuate any other user agreeing with me simply is biased and didn't read the thread, being exceptionally dismissive and rude; he then implies that agreeing with IMade when he wades into the thread is bullshit , an obviously negative and hostile comment

The Sekizo thread is its own beast, as I pointed out in my report of Rocker.

M3X is on this thread as well, personally attacking Damage simply for trying to be more accurate

User:BlackeJa repeatedly utilizes incredulous reactions to insinuate his opposition is mentally deficient, like quite often he does this

Rocker has further hostile comments and outright insults RegisNext with a blatant ad hominem by stating he has horrid behavior in other threads. Rocker even patently agrees with me when I call out his rule breaking by saying, unironically, 'he started it '.

The lack of Staff response to this is, again, understandable due to some pre-conceived notion of a 'flame war' between Naruto and Bleach supporters, but I honestly don't think sitting idly by is any better.

There are users blatantly manipulating threads into becoming zones of free reign for verbal assault of anyone who dares disagree with pro-Naruto ideology, and I have not seen a single bit of action come about of it from Staff due to not desiring to wade through all the context. That's entirely fair, I wouldn't want to either, but in my return to aiding this wiki so far I've seen nothing but hostility from any Naruto thread I enter and it continues while those persons who are committing the hostile actions claim some conspiracy from 'pro-Bleach' users to initiate a flame war.

I would appreciate these users being thoroughly investigated, and the idea of some flame war not used to fence on refusing to hand out adequate warnings and bans. The fact that two threads alone can supply me with over 13 instances of reportable behavior from 4 users is a bit absurd I should think

A staff member gave me what seemed to be a reasonable solution to the Bleach-Naruto fan conflict in private. I told him to approach the Human Resources group with it. But we are not going to only condemn the Naruto fans, as you may wish.

I know this thread was not meant to argue, but I just want to clarify that I did all that Xulrev pointed out, but not the liar he showed here and I am sure the same thing apply to TFO and Blacke as well.

I'd like to let it be known that the Human Resources group is currently discussing what can be done to resolve this issue.

However, a huge highlighted public thread would only exacerbate this issue even more. People try to defend themselves, people who don't like those people argue back, it just turns into a mess like that FANDOM staff member's blog after the discord banwave did.

As for the threads themselves, while I can't speak for the other staff, I personally:

• Don't really go to Naruto or bleach threads unless specifically requested to
  • Don't have a stake in either verse
  • Have quite a lot to do with school in the present
  • Lack context on what the catalyst for these issues is, if there even is one beyond fandom rivalry
Other staff might be in similar positions. HST threads going badly is a definite problem, but it's not one that can be solved overnight. If something truly egregious comes up there's a point where action definitely needs to be taken in the moment, but as of now we're still trying to discuss and investigate as you say you desire.

In the meantime, what I would recommend for other staff: If you see one of these threads going to shit, just close it. If people can't be civil then they lose the ability to go on threads and attack one another, simple as that. Even if discussion's not done or whatever, you can always reopen the thread later if tensions ever cool down.

I also recall that Xulrev systematically did his best to worsen the situation when we originally banned the Discord group members for intentionally destabilising the wiki. He used meticulously elaborately worded language back then as well. It did not successfully hide that he had no good intentions for the wiki though.

In any case, I would appreciate if he permanently does his best to avoid this and any further sensitive situations in this community, rather than throw matchsticks into nitroglycerine tanks.

Antvasima said:
A staff member gave me what seemed to be a reasonable solution to the Bleach-Naruto fan conflict in private.
Not to but in really, but what @Xulrev wasn't some Bleach-Naruto fan conflict, but legitimate examples of rule breaks. There's a big difference between "I think Bleach fans are trying to do X" and insulting multiple users multiple different times.

Idk, the messages provided by Xulrev above do feel like a bunch of people ganging up against the user.

Yes it is expected for the OP to be resonable but outright hostility and insinuating someone is "stupid" for not agreeing to you seems exceptionally wrong, regardless the context.

Antvasima said:
I also recall that Xulrev did his best to worsen the situation when we originally banned the Discord group members for intentionally systematically destabilising the wiki. He used meticulously elaborately worded language back then as well. It did not successfully hide that he had no good intentions for the wiki though.

In any case, I would appreciate if he permanently does his best to avoid this and any further sensitive situations in this community, rather than throw matchsticks into nitroglycerine tanks.
I don't really like Bureaucrats ******** on people either and I don't see why you would want to, Ant. Perhaps you could just avoid doing so? I think a lot of people would appreciate that as well.

Going to say one thing because Ive been following the thread TFO made, which seems to be where most of this is occuring, but decided to stay out of it comment wise and just watch from my end.

As someone who was following that thread, is a fan of both franchises, and did not get involved with the threads discussion in any way, I think it's very fair to say that it is absolutely not only the Naruto side's only wrongdoings in that entire thread. Both sides at the very least are just as much at fault.

Antvasima said:
Xulrev has a history of exploiting sensitive situations to destablise this community though, but since he is an elaborate wordsmith, it is easier for him to skirt around our regulations and hide his intentions with false refined civility.
Even if he's done all of those things, that's irrelevant to the comments he reported. A bad action against a (possibly) bad person doesn't suddenly make the action good or passable. Its still breaking the rules. If you want to drop it, sure, do it. But we should either handle it now or do what @Wokista suggested.

@Ant

I reported pretty objectively rule breaking comments I do believe. I think personally insulting my past or assuming any sort of 'motivation' for such is pretty unprofessional when I only resorted to these reports after other users were subjected to these sorts of verbal attacks.

The Discord group discussion is in the past and dead. I have not brought up any disagreements and have no desire to do so at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back