• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do appreciate the elaboration on the other feats within the universe that befit these abilities, though my concern right now is with the justifications proposed by the OP.
Hey, apologies for the delay, but here's an image that helps substantiate the fear and soul hax stuff.

unknown.png

This statement is directly referring to the fear manipulation, and specifically referring to it digging into Beryl's soul.

I disagree with how it is used in the verse.but thx for your opinion deagonx.

Last edited:
All Gilver says is that the gun is finely crafted after looking over it for a moment. I'm aware the important section is the narrator saying it was 'as if he was absorbing information from the firearm itself', but that's communicated in the text as merely an analogue, not an actual statement of what he's doing. It's not 'he was absorbing information', it's 'as if he was absorbing information'. Again, this clearly isn't what the writer was trying to say.
The former scan just indicates that Dante made a deduction as to where he was on the basis of the environment he was in - not really an info analysis feat as much as it is an intelligence feat. The same issue arises with the second one. Seeing that a quiet, self-assured man who just mentally erased your bullets from existence is probably hiding power is just a reasonable inference, not a sign he's discerning any more information than could naturally be deduced.
I'll also note, I find this persuasive. I was fine with the abilities at a glance but I didn't give them as thorough of a consideration as perhaps I should have, because I am not terribly familiar with how those abilities are typically assigned. So I am now neutral on those pending the outcome of DG's inquiry.

After having read the thread and saw arguments from both sides, i can concur a more solid answer now.

Clarividence seems fine, but as others pointed out, Causality Hax and BFR lack context, as it seems to be refering to Clarividence.

Disagree on Soul Hax via Fear Hax FRA. It seems to be refering to the spirit of will and not actually your actual-actual soul, it doesn't matter if the series refers to the word as souls literally, we need to look at the context separately and not do a generalization. [Now i kind of agree because of a new scan i forgot about lol]

Info Analysis for Gilver seems more like Info Manip since he's directly absorbing the information out of the weapon. This also could explain how Dante gains insane knowledge of every weapon he gets a hold of it, like Gilver.

Reactive Evolution for Sparda Kin is fine by me. This "higher magnitude" refers to the inky void Dante is in at that moment, which is the Nexus that is overriding the Human World, and where Gilver and Dante have their fight. Narration even goes as far as telling us that the presence is the same as the Oz Club and Sanatorium (other Nexus that Dante went into) but that the atmosphere was a magnitude higher, which would suffice for RE and 2 Layered Resistance.

Info Analysis for Dante feels like an Intelligence Feat rather than Info Analysis, since he already know what the DW looks like (DMC 3, DMC Novel and DMC 1) and he already has a lot of experience with these wacky effects. Sensing seems fine.

Further Analytical Prediction is fine.

Void Resistance for Dante is a nope, since the destruction of said Void shouldn't be something that could harm Dante since a void is something non-existent, it can't hurt you unless it's specified.

Neutral on Yamato shenanigans.

Disagree on Void Manipulation for Mundus. We don't know if Mundus's attacks were literally made out of void or anything like that, it even says Mundus summons swords, arrows and lightnings. I honestly don't think those attacks were made out of void since it's never specified.

Last edited:
This can likely be concluded. The abilities that were approved can be applied, whereas the ones myself and DarkGrath had reservations about should not.

This can likely be concluded. The abilities that were approved can be applied, whereas the ones myself and DarkGrath had reservations about should not.
Don’t understand the hurry,we should wait for more staff to get their input in the matter, since we ain’t rushing anything.

It's not being rushed, this has 4 staff votes, several pages of discussion, and has been open for several days past the 48 hour period.
I don’t see the reason to not wait for more stuff to give their input on the matter, more staff input will surely be better to get the most accurate result.

The reason is that this already has sufficient staff input. We don't keep threads open indefinitely waiting for more and more staff input. Four is sufficient to conclude a thread, and no one has commented here in several days, it isn't being rushed.

Last I checked it was what, 2 for 2 against? That's not anywhere near conclusive.

No. For the abilities myself and DG agreed with there are 4 agrees. For the abilities we didn't, it's 1-3.

No. For the abilities myself and DG agreed with there are 4 agrees. For the abilities we didn't, it's 1-3.
No? Planck and glassman agreed on most of not all abilities ( glass is not sure about the void stuff) so no there are 2 agrees with most of the stuff that were in the thread too.

Also, this was posted on Sunday. I'm to think a thread that's just 1 and a half pages (old format) and 5 days old is being "dragged out"?

Ah, I didn't see Glassman. 2-3 then for the other abilities. I'm not sure why they agreed with it though.

4-2 is probably sufficient on those matters, but at least one more staff opinion would be nice if only because it could also clear up the current 3-2 vote.

Being 100+ messages in isn't exactly a "rush", also. Most threads experience multiple stages of hibernation, I think wanting a reasonable end time is sensible.

Sorry for late reply fellow members, thanks for your patience, I was just caught up in irl stuff and the Hypertimeline shenanigans on forrum here. Now I have time to clarify all Grath's doubts.

Clairvoyance makes sense. Why causality hax, though?

Smh I should have included the entire novel page, i left out a crucial detail.

iFCLgaR.png

Note how Ducas' yacht was swallowed up and spat back out by the weather. Courtesy of Beastheads. Chen notes this himself with the "plucking" statement and how distant events can be brought to oneself.

That's my argument for Causality Hax, manipulation of events non-physically and esoterically counts as causality hax.
The entire Imgur post again, for your convenience.
Fear Manipulation makes sense. If I understand correctly from this thread, however, that Soul Manipulation is being proposed on the basis of the line stating that the oppressive force was threatening to 'crush their spirits', then no - that's not Soul Manipulation. 'Crush someone's spirit' is just an expression that refers to making someone feel demoralised, which is a relevant and apt description of what's happening in this scene. The writer was evidently not trying to say it was destroying their actual souls.
I can understand the evaluation you gave, under default circumstance your deduction is the default assumption. However, I have posted more scans in the imgur post which shows more examples of that spirit = soul is literal, we have multiple feats of aura directly impinging on soul, it's a standard thing in DMC everything is powered from soul and everything affects soul. I have posted more scans to support this, along with official version of translation which depicts sprirt as soul, instead of will power.

I have added more scans for support in same imgur post.
All Gilver says is that the gun is finely crafted after looking over it for a moment. I'm aware the important section is the narrator saying it was 'as if he was absorbing information from the firearm itself', but that's communicated in the text as merely an analogue, not an actual statement of what he's doing. It's not 'he was absorbing information', it's 'as if he was absorbing information'. Again, this clearly isn't what the writer was trying to say.
Okay, there's context here. Gilver is an artificial demon from Demon Realm, with very little knowledge of humans and their culture. This the first time he is holding a human gun, the scene is depicting Gilver figuring out how to use the gun by "absorbing information". Which explains why Sparda kin can master weapons with a mere glance. Thus I feel this is not an analogy but literal. If at least application wise even if not process wise. i.e even if you disagree he was actually absorbing abstract information, he definitely did something equivalent to learn it. Later in the novel Gilver uses the gun deceitfuly and expertly to surprise Dante and catch him off guard. So ultimately it is fitting as information analysis.
All that scan says is that he was in a suffocating environment of 'greater intensity' than before, not that he was any more adapted to it. In isolation, this would be like saying getting shot with a bullet on one occasion and getting shot with a higher caliber bullet on another occasion would be reactive evolution for the person getting shot.
My mistake again for not giving context, we already have documented feats of evolved resistances for DWE in same novel. The only reason we wanted this is because it helps in layering.
For context these DW invasion event happens 3 times in novel.

First time Tony encounters a schism of DW (Oz Club), he is assailed by cancerous energy of DW. But in short span he grows accustomed to the energy, adapts and fight unaffected. Which we have already indexed.

2nd time Tony encounters another pocket of DW invading HW, it's in a mental asylum. which is what I gave scan of above. Tony notes the rotten energy is a magnitude stronger than the one he had experienced at Oz Club, where he had adapted and faught normally. This is a clear case of resistance overcame by more potent hax. In same location after short time Tony again recovers and evolves spectacularly to survive the cancerous energy.

3rd time was Dante vs Gilver at end of Novel, where Gilver spawned entire Nexus of DW, which was rewriting HW and replacing it with a new DW. Again he is affected by this stronger energy but adapts nevertheless even more glamourously. All this we have also indexed.

We never bothered with 2nd encounter untill now because we have found a direct statement of difference of power between the first two pockets of DW, which helps us in layering.

The former scan just indicates that Dante made a deduction as to where he was on the basis of the environment he was in - not really an info analysis feat as much as it is an intelligence feat. The same issue arises with the second one. Seeing that a quiet, self-assured man who just mentally erased your bullets from existence is probably hiding power is just a reasonable inference, not a sign he's discerning any more information than could naturally be deduced.
1) Dante just deduced he was in an alternate timeline just by putting his senses through over drive and studying the environment, in which he notes similarities and differences with some places he had experienced before. Under no circumstance can someone figure they are in alternate timeline just by scanning environment. There are no direct cues or pieces of information that will reveal this to them. Especially if this is first time you have been sent to alternate timeline. Up unstill that point Dante had been in nothing but a cave and a forest. Nothing urban or anything approaching even a living settlement to get information.
After sometime he does find someone to interrogate, and he confirms his assessment like a good detective before forming a definitive conclusion.

Being able to deduce you are in alternate timeline via just esoteric senses and little clues is definitely an info analysis feat.

2) The proposal was that Dante figured out mental/psychic powers were being used to destroy bullets via sensing and analyzing Ducas and his aura, this is an exception because 99% of the time supernatural powers are some application of demonic energy. This is a rare and out of norm application of pure psychic power rarely depicted before in series. The fact that Dante notes this so correctly is worth noting. Demonic energy does have soul/mind effects, but Ducas uses psychic powers specifically.

Thus I thought this warranted a info analysis feat.
We have similar feats indexed of many characters as information analysis, for example :- https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_(2009_Movie)
You don't need to absorb literal information for info analysis. It can be a case of intelligent observation and deduction skill, which is what I am arguing for Dante.

For clarification - is this the same scan listed for info analysis before, only translated differently? Or is it just a different scene with weirdly similar phrasing?
It's the first para from the same info analysis scan. Usually analytical prediction and skill based info analysis go hand in hand with how characters analyze and predict each other in a face-off. And in given context, Ducas has been doing nothing but constant precognition with help of Beastheads, for example winning gambling games and seeing his own future of death.
So I was wondering if there was more to the scene than just simple power sensing and deduction, since Ducas will be using precognition we were curious how Dante counters, we were correct, there is prediction feats to counter Beasheads precognition.

I don't think this would qualify for Void Manipulation Resistance. Dante is in the void, yes, but he isn't the void itself, or a part of the void. The destruction of the void shouldn't inherently bring harm to him without context to establish that as the case, which would indicate this isn't necessarily a feat on his part.
I didn't understand why Dante needs to be part of the void. Aside from that, let me explain this with an analogy, imagine you were fighting an fire elemental being made of of ... well fire. You have avoided all attacks up untill that point and you inflict a finishing blow upon the elemental whose body explodes in your face and you survive unscathed. Would that not warrant heat/fire resistance?
I know above was a very offhand analogy, but I think it works, void is a completely non physical element made of non existence. Void Mundus can warp and bend his element all kinds of way to attack Dante, among other summoned magical attacks, Dante avoided everything up untill that point, only getting touched by exploding void and then crumble. I do not see how that is anything unimpressive or non-notable.

In fact we do similar stuff for space-time resistance, if some survives unscathed in a place where space-time was getting destroyed and disintegrated that would award a space-time resistance to the survivor. And in this case void is more esoteric then space-time.
Is the Yamato explicitly nullifying his powers? Furthermore, is Nero explicitly immune to being absorbed into the Saviour prior to this point? The scan isn't clear on this, and having played DMC4 extensively, I don't remember either of those being established.
Yes actually, conceptual in nature in fact. But it's an uber power, only displayed two times in series. What I am proposing is lesser version. Btw we had already gotten power null part accepted, we were just attaching resistance negation with given context.
--------------------------v----------------------------v-------------------------v
""Power Nullification and Summoning for Yamato (Yamato's blade is capable to neutralize demonic/magic powers, like when nullified Credo's powers when he was stabbed in the gut and also when did make Nero powerless when the katana was stabbed on his Devil Bringer and the sword also came to help Vergil when he was a kid)(Accepted)""
Resistances
Power Nullification (Is unaffected by the Yamato when the sword is capable to neutralize demonic/magic powers, like when nullified Credo's powers when he was stabbed in the gut and also when did make Nero powerless when the katana was stabbed on his Devil Bringer) (Accepted)
------------------------^---------------------^---------------^
People just forgot to add it to the page. I just remembered it, decided to add it know, one extra attached power( resistance neg) pending this CRT.

--------------------
Any more questions you have you can ask.

Last edited:
Edit: I've been told that Grath might be too busy so take this as my agreement for now. She can hop in and correct it whenever she's free.
Yes, that is correct. I will be unavailable for the next 3 days. I apologise if this causes any delays. I will gladly give my input when I return if it is still needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back