• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

This is a series of power additions to various characters in the series. Getting into it;​

Low Tier Demon Physiology​

Clairvoyance cum Causality Hax - Can be applied for Spatial Manip and BFR. On oneself or the victim. Beastheads have a greater version which allows BFR and Reverse BFR across time and space.

Soul Hax cum Fear/Emphatic Hax

Should also be as resistance for Mid Tier Demons and above.

Sparda Kin Physiology​

Low Tier
Info Analysis
Reactive Evolution feat which helps in layering a bit

Info feat will also go to Gilver's page.

Yamato​

Power Null cum Resistance negation

Also resistance for the above for DMC5 EoG Nero, DMC3 Dante and Vergil, Mundus.

Void Mundus​

Void Manip duh

Last edited:
Clairvoyance cum Causality Hax - Can be applied for Spatial Manip and BFR. On oneself or the victim. Beastheads have a greater version which allows BFR and Reverse BFR across time and space.
I am fine with Clairvoyance, but I am not clear on what is granting causality hax or BFR/Reverse BFR. Is it solely the phrase "as if we could reach out and pluck Mister Ducas from my ship" or is there something else?

Soul Hax cum Fear/Emphatic Hax
I'm fine with Empathetic Manipulation from this (though arguably this is likely just intimidation) but not Soul Manip.

Info Analysis is fine.

RE is not fine. What is the basis for considering this reactive evolution? The only information in the scan is that he felt a weaker version of this presence before, and that this feeling is urging him to full back. Nothing suggests he is adapting to this in that scan.

This is fine.

Void Resistance
I don't follow. What ability would this be resisting?

Power Null cum Resistance negation

Also resistance for the above for DMC5 EoG Nero, DMC3 Dante and Vergil, Mundus.
The information in the scan doesn't really explain this.

I share Deagon's thoughts.
Void Resistance

Void Mundus​

Void Manip duh
This is also not okay. Dante isn't really resisting being reduced to nothingness, nor is Mundus even trying to do so. Just existing in a void isn't enough for this.

I believe resistance neg comes from the "I had no way to resist" line, which like... come onnnn man

I share Deagon's thoughts.

This is also not okay. Dante isn't really resisting being reduced to nothingness, nor is Mundus even trying to do so. Just existing in a void isn't enough for this.

I believe resistance neg comes from the "I had no way to resist" line, which like... come onnnn man
No ? Resist neg comes from the Yamato neging Nero’s resistance to being absorbed by the savior, which is why the moment he was struck with it he gets absorbed immediately which is why he says * I had no way to resist*

I am fine with Clairvoyance, but I am not clear on what is granting causality hax or BFR/Reverse BFR. Is it solely the phrase "as if we could reach out and pluck Mister Ducas from my ship" or is there something else?

I'm fine with Empathetic Manipulation from this (though arguably this is likely just intimidation) but not Soul Manip.

Info Analysis is fine.

RE is not fine. What is the basis for considering this reactive evolution? The only information in the scan is that he felt a weaker version of this presence before, and that this feeling is urging him to full back. Nothing suggests he is adapting to this in that scan.

This is fine.

I don't follow. What ability would this be resisting?

It is not intimidation, the phrase is referring to the soul being crushed by the hax, the official translation also supports this fact since it talks about the soul crushing effect there.

Last edited:
Resist neg comes from the Yamato neging Nero’s resistance to being absorbed by the savior, which is why the moment he struck with it he gets absorbed immediately which is why he says * I had no way to resist*
Okay, but the OP doesn't show us Nero having resistance to this absorption, or what the premise of that resistance was.

It is not intimidation, the phrase is referring to the soul being crushed by the hax, the official translation also supports this fact since it talks about the soul crushing effect there.
I won't argue the intimidation point, as I don't feel it really matters. However I do not accept the phrase "crushing their very spirits" as being sufficient by itself to grant soul manipulation. In context, particularly given that this is sandwiched in between mentions of fear, the phrase "crushing their spirits" or "soul crushing" likely just means discouragement due to fear, not metaphysically affecting their actual literal souls.

No ? Resist neg comes from the Yamato neging Nero’s resistance to being absorbed by the savior, which is why the moment he struck with it he gets absorbed immediately which is why he says * I had no way to resist*
Actually, looking at the scans for his resistance, I don't think this works at all. The scans very clearly show that 1. he got absorbed and 2. his body was partially melted because of the absorption. You could argue that he still resists it to an extent since he didn't die immediately, but it should be obvious that he doesn't resist the savior sucking up his body to begin with.
Okay, but the OP doesn't show us Nero having resistance to this absorption, or what the premise of that resistance was.
Resistance to absorption comes from this.

I won't argue the intimidation point, as I don't feel it really matters. However I do not accept the phrase "crushing their very spirits" as being sufficient by itself to grant soul manipulation. In context, particularly given that this is sandwiched in between mentions of fear, the phrase "crushing their spirits" or "soul crushing" likely just means discouragement due to fear, not metaphysically affecting their actual literal souls.
It is not a discouragement when thé statement is referring to their literal soul, in a verse where demons can fear hax inanimate objects and the mind, so no it is most likely referring to the soul.

Waaaait a second, no goddamn way we're taking the phrase "soul crushing" literally 💀

tfw my job has soul hax because it sucks and i'd describe it as soul crushing

Wouldn't this be full blown precognition at this point if he's reading the opponent's future?
Only if you take it fully literally, but what is likely being expressed here is telegraphing. They can't move carelessly because any movement would reveal their intentions, opening them for a counter.

Void manipulation
Thanks. I'd definitely need more evidence for that.

It is not a discouragement when thé statement is referring to their literal soul, in a verse where demons can fear hax inanimate objects and the mind, so no it is most likely referring to the soul.
Okay. I completely disagree with that, but I already explained that above so there's not much benefit to going in circles.

I'm not sure what part of this describes resistance to absorption.

Only if you take it fully literally, but what is likely being expressed here is telegraphing. They can't move carelessly because any movement would reveal their intentions, opening them for a counter.

Okay. I completely disagree with that, but I already explained that above so there's not much benefit to going in circles.

Uh you posted the same comment twice, you might as well delete one.

Probably the fact that he didn't get 100% absorbed and is able to move his body enough to grab Yamato, which I'd consider more of a limited resistance but that's splitting hairs at this point. In any case, he clearly doesn't resist getting sucked into the savior's body at any point, so Yamato wouldn't have to negate any resistances in order for that to happen.

The statement does say "crush their very spirits", which might imply it actually means it.
Personally, I don't think the inclusion of the word "very" changes anything. This turn of phrase is extremely common and makes perfect sense in the context of experiencing intense primal fear.

Probably the fact that he didn't get 100% absorbed and is able to move his body enough to grab Yamato, which I'd consider more of a limited resistance but that's splitting hairs at this point. In any case, he clearly doesn't resist getting sucked into the savior's body at any point, so Yamato wouldn't have to negate any resistances in order for that to happen.
Yeah I agree that doesn't really track? It might just take a second.

Actually, looking at the scans for his resistance, I don't think this works at all. The scans very clearly show that 1. he got absorbed and 2. his body was partially melted because of the absorption. You could argue that he still resists it to an extent since he didn't die immediately, but it should be obvious that he doesn't resist the savior sucking up his body to begin with.

Uh can you watch the cutscene that gilver had linked ?
1- Nero gets caught by the savior in that scene, he wasn’t absorbed
2-the savior is unable to absorb him.
3- he gets struck by the Yamato and says he can no longer resist.
This fits resistance negation perfectly.

Uh can you watch the cutscene that gilver had linked ?
The link Gilver posted is timestamped to the precise segment of dialogue from the scan itself. Which segment demonstrates Nero resisting absorption by the Savior?

Respectively, ducas has the beast heads which grants you pre cognition amongst other stuff, when it says that he was reading futures then it means it literally because that’s what the beast heads do.

Personally, I don't think the inclusion of the word "very" changes anything. This turn of phrase is extremely common and makes perfect sense in the context of experiencing intense primal fear.
Perhaps. It does seem to imply that it actually means their spirit though. I focused on the word, but the main focus was more its addition to the sentence as a whole. It is stating that it can "crush their very spirits". That wording does seem to hint at souls being impacted, since it seems strange to say "very", which implies something important or literal, and then simply say spirits to mean their will to fight.

The link Gilver posted is timestamped to the precise segment of dialogue from the scan itself. Which segment demonstrates Nero resisting absorption by the Savior?
1- savior absorbs Nero when he gets hit by the Yamato which is a self explanatory absorption hax
2-nero says he can no longer resist which means that he was resisting the absorption.
That is demonstrated in the video when you see Nero being sucked into his hand.

Respectively, ducas has the beast heads which grants you pre cognition amongst other stuff, when it says that he was reading futures then it means it literally because that’s what the beast heads do.
Okay, but both of them were said to be doing this to each other. Does Dante also have Beastheads?

1- savior absorbs Nero when he gets hit by the Yamato which is a self explanatory absorption hax
2-nero says he can no longer resist which means that he was resisting the absorption.
Can you provide scans for Savior absorbing Nero? Also, if Savior absorbed Nero how could be have been resisting it? I assume "I can no longer resist" just means he can't put up a fight, given that in the video posted he appears to be more or less physically helpless.

Edit: Scratch that, the wording is "I had no way to resist." So it's not as you said where its described as him losing the ability to resist.

That is demonstrated in the video when you see Nero being sucked into his hand.
Saying you can no longer resist in response to something happening to you is like. a very common turn of phrase, it means nothing for VS purposes. Like me saying I can't resist a good chicken parmesan, which is true, but also not indicative of the fact that italian food has resistance negating hax.

Also, again, Nero never resisted absorption to begin with. He blatantly gets sucked into Savior's body, the text outright says part of his body melted because of it. He didn't die, which is impressive, but it's certainly not a resistance.

OP simple actually, ofc i agree. I also think that the resistance the absorption and other things are clear, but anyway...

Saying you can no longer resist in response to something happening to you is like. a very common turn of phrase, it means nothing for VS purposes. Like me saying I can't resist a good chicken parmesan, which is true, but also not indicative of the fact that italian food has resistance negating hax.

Also, again, Nero never resisted absorption to begin with. He blatantly gets sucked into Savior's body, the text outright says part of his body melted because of it. He didn't die, which is impressive, but it's certainly not a resistance.
That a false equivalence, Nero is not resisting a temptation nor a desire here, he is resisting being absorbed, that is a bad analogy to use in this situation, he is resisting the action of absorption, I recommend you to WATCH the video he never got sucked immediately nor it is blatantly i recommend you to not try and twist the context of the feat here, as I have explained earlier which you are making me repeat myself as nauseam:
The savior is shown to immediately suck/absorb Nero as you can see within the linked video in the scan, that happens after he is struck with the Yamato, and HE himself says that he can no longer resist, then the absorption happens, if that isn’t a clear cut resistance negation I don’t know what that is, but trying to twist what is happening in the scene is in a bad faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back