• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That a false equivalence, Nero is not resisting a temptation nor a desire here, he is resisting being absorbed, that is a bad analogy to use in this situation.
Okay, sure. I can't resist being pulled into a black hole. There are a variety of reasons for that, none of which include "the black hole has resistance negating properties".

Nero was literally absorbed into the Savior.

He got effected and absorbed so that's not a resistance. And it didn't kill him because he has Mid-Godly regeneration so yeah, that's not a resistance in my book.

Saying you can no longer resist in response to something happening to you is like. a very common turn of phrase, it means nothing for VS purposes. Like me saying I can't resist a good chicken parmesan, which is true, but also not indicative of the fact that italian food has resistance negating hax.
Truthfully, this is not a good point of comparison. I know you're implying it was just a physical resistance thing, which still doesn't seem to fit here, but the food analogy is just confusing.
Also, again, Nero never resisted absorption to begin with. He blatantly gets sucked into Savior's body, the text outright says part of his body melted because of it. He didn't die, which is impressive, but it's certainly not a resistance.
That only happened after he was stabbed, and prior to that he seemed difficult to absorb.

Nero was literally absorbed into the Savior.

He got effected and absorbed so that's not a resistance. And it didn't kill him because he has Mid-Godly regeneration so yeah, that's not a resistance in my book.
He gets absorbed when ? After he is struck within the Yamato ? Yeah sure, that’s the moment when he says I can no longer resist, I don’t want to point out that means since I’ve already repeated myself multiple times in the thread.

Okay, but where is the evidence that he ever resisted being absorbed at any point in time?
Demons are resistant to the beast heads absorbing their body and soul.

Yeah sure, that’s the moment when he says I can no longer resist
He didn't say "I can no longer resist." He said "I had no way to resist." Your wording implies a previous state of being able to resist, the actual wording does not. I ask again: What is your evidence for him ever resisting absorption? With scans.

Also, again, Nero never resisted absorption to begin with. He blatantly gets sucked into Savior's body, the text outright says part of his body melted because of it. He didn't die, which is impressive, but it's certainly not a resistance.
Uhhh what?

@Deagonx

Please check the physiology page. Both of you.
Post DT Nero already has resistance to Saviour absorption.
PreDT low Tier Sparda physiology Nero doesn't.

Nero doesn't get partially dissolved, he gets fully dissolved. Losing all aspects of existence.

Resistance comes from the fact that Saviour cannot absorb Nero when catched him in his fists. The Vicar has to got out of his way to take away the sword from Nero and neg him on top of it to make him digestable.

It's literally shown in the video how Nero doesn't get absorbed for buttload of time he is stuck in the fist. Only after Yamato is taken does and get stabbed does he disolve. You can literally see the Devil Bringer arm getting dim and dull. Straight up visual feat of getting nulled upon stabbing.

Truthfully, this is not a good point of comparison. I know you're implying it was just a physical resistance thing, which still doesn't fit here, but the food analogy is just confusing.
Okay, sure. I can't resist being pulled into a black hole. There are a variety of reasons for that, none of which include "the black hole has resistance negating properties".

That only happened after he was stabbed, and prior to that he seemed difficult to absorb.
"the body that has been melted by the Savior..."
"I should still be inside the body of the Savior."
These really do not make it sound like he resists absorption, I'm sorry.

He didn't say "I can no longer resist." He said "I had no way to resist." Your wording implies a previous state of being able to resist, the actual wording does not. I ask again: What is your evidence for him ever resisting absorption? With scans.
both emphasize the same thing which is the act of him not being able to resist anymore, im not home at the moment so excuse me if I had mistaken the wording.

"the body that has been melted by the Savior..."
"I should still be inside the body of the Savior."
These really do not make it sound like he resists absorption, I'm sorry.
Prior to being stabbed the Saviour had hold of him for several minutes, and he suddenly got absorbed after he was stabbed. It also raises the question of why it didn't seem to be able to absorb Dante later on.

Uhhh what?

@Deagonx

PreDT low Tier Sparda physiology Nero doesn't.

Nero doesn't get partially dissolved, he gets fully dissolved. Losing all aspects of existence.

Resistance comes from the fact that Saviour cannot absorb Nero when catched him in his fists. The Vicar has to got out of his way to take away the sword from Nero and neg him on top of it to make him digestable.

It's literally shown in the video how Nero doesn't get absorbed for buttload of time he is stuck in the fist. Only after Yamato is taken does and get stabbed does he disolve. You can literally see the Devil Bringer arm getting dim and dull. Straight up visual feat of getting nulled upon stabbing.
So where does he ever resist absorption then? Because the scene where he gets dissolved is currently linked as evidence on the demon physiology page, except now you're claiming that isn't the case. Just... try to make a coherent case for these abilities and then we can discuss this. Because right now, I'm having trouble even comprehending where your arguments come from.

Okay, can you link to that page and the evidence?

The Saviour was attempting to absorb him and having trouble. Then after he got stabbed it suddenly absorbed him instantly.
The video was time stamped to the stabbing feat, so I am not clear on where or what the evidence was for resisting the absorption at any point. Does the written version include any indications that Savior tried, and failed, to absorb Nero?

both emphasize the same thing which is the act of him not being able to resist anymore
No, because "I had no way to resist" doesn't imply "anymore" the way "I can no longer resist" does.

The video was time stamped to the stabbing feat, so I am not clear on where or what the evidence was for resisting the absorption at any point. Does the written version include any indications that Savior tried, and failed, to absorb Nero?
Because the video and scan is supposed to show Yamato's feat. That was my intent.

I was not attempting to show any resistance feat for Nero because I don't need to. Because it's already accepted and debated in past.

If you want Saviour grabbing Nero, just go back few minutes in past in the video.
Saviour absorbs upon contact, just like how water is wet or fire is hot, that's how he is build. You can see the Vicar going back and forth throughout the Saviours body because of it.

He is like stuck there on the first for like minutes on end, trying to fight. There's your feat of resistance.
What is the indication that Savior was actively attempting to absorb him but couldn't, instead of just physically restraining him? It also looks like the text suggests the vicar didn't want to absorb Nero at first.

I had originally intended to absorb Dante into our Savior, but circumstances presenting, I'd rather choose the option at hand. After all, you’re also a descendant of Sparda.”
The vicar stared at Yamato.
When your Sparda blood and this sword are combined, we will be able to proceed to the final stage of our ultimate goal.”

He smashed into the vicar, who lost his footing, so that the fist holding my body slightly loosened.
“Nero! Run!”
Credo shouted as he turned towards me. I managed to get my right hand out, but the savior’s hand squeezed once again.
All indications are that the Savior is simply physically holding him. The vicar says that Yamato needs to be combined with Sparda blood (which is why he stabbed Nero) to proceed, but that he originally wanted Dante. I am going to need solid evidence indicating that Savior was attempting to absorb Nero the entire time but failing until Yamato "negated his resistance to absorption" as you are suggesting.

There are actually two things here. Firstly, demons resist the Beastheads' absorption process.

For Nero, the Saviour held him for a few minutes, and it was only after he got stabbed that it absorbed him. Circumstantial on its own, but hear me out.

• The Saviour holds Nero for several minutes, no absorption.

• Dante makes repeated and extended contact with the Saviour's exterior afterwards during their fight, no absorption.

• Nero spends several minutes inside the Saviour, making constant contact with its interior surfaces, no absorption.

• Nero, already having been in its hand for several minutes, gets stabbed with the Yamato, and gets absorbed almost instantly.

What is the indication that Savior was actively attempting to absorb him but couldn't, instead of just physically restraining him? It also looks like the text suggests the vicar didn't want to absorb Nero at first.
That's not what Sanctus is saying. He's simply saying that his initial target was Dante. He fully intended to absorb Nero here.

Welp, was typing up my response but Deagon handled it perfectly.
There are actually two things here. Firstly, demons resist the Beastheads' absorption process.

For Nero, the Saviour held him for a few minutes, and it was only after he got stabbed that it absorbed him. Circumstantial on its own, but hear me out.

• Dante makes repeated and extended contact with the Saviour's exterior afterwards during their fight, no absorption.

• Nero spends several minutes inside the Saviour, making constant contact with its interior surfaces, no absorption.

• Nero, already having been in its hand for several minutes, gets stabbed with the Yamato, and gets absorbed almost instantly.
Is there anything to indicate the Savior absorbs anything it touches passively, rather than through an activated ability? Seems like the former would need a higher burden of proof.

This all appears to be rather easily explained by the fact that Sparda descendant blood needed to make contact with Yamato to complete the Savior.

The Savior lies in the Advent Chamber… in order to complete it, only two more things are required… one is the devil sword [of] Sparda. The other, a blood descendant of Sparda himself.
“When your Sparda blood and this sword are combined, we will be able to proceed to the final stage of our ultimate goal.”

Is there anything to indicate the Savior absorbs anything it touches passively, rather than through an activated ability? Seems like the former would need a higher burden of proof.
Why did it never get used at any other point, and what about the Beastheads?

This all appears to be rather easily explained by the fact that Sparda descendant blood needed to make contact with Yamato to complete the Savior.
You haven't played the game, have you? If that's the case, I need to clarify. It's not even about completing the Saviour. Dante fought the Saviour after the absorbing of Nero. Nero also fought in the interior after the absorbing of Nero.

What's more, the Yamato didn't actually have any relevance to the completing of the Saviour.

False.
1- the first paragraph is referring to the sparda sword, A weapon that is not the Yamato.
I’m not sure why are you even saying this since you have no clue about the narrative of the Saïd game whatsoever.
There is no needing to make contact with the Yamato to complete the savior at all.

Active or passive are very inaccurate words to describe absorption.

There's no active or passive here. You come in contact with surface of Saviour, you get absorbed.

You literally see as much with Vicar traveling throughout the body to remerge at different locations. Same with Kyrie being constantly shifted in and out of Saviour.
All indications are that the Savior is simply physically holding him. The vicar says that Yamato needs to be combined with Sparda blood (which is why he stabbed Nero) to proceed, but that he originally wanted Dante. I am going to need solid evidence indicating that Savior was attempting to absorb Nero the entire time but failing until Yamato "negated his resistance to absorption" as you are suggesting.
My dear.

Yamato was already inside Nero the whole time. Which is why he gets a power buff and physiological buff in the first place.

The Vicar had to first drop him in power by extracting Yamato. You may not know but Yamato is key to Nero's power and unlocks his inner potential.

2nd step was depowering him further, which you can clearly see in the video. His arm stops glowing. That's the only time in series that has ever happened.

Only then is Nero absorbed.

My dear.

Yamato was already inside Nero the whole time. Which is why he gets a power buff and physiological buff in the first place.

The Vicar had to first drop him in power by extracting Yamato. You may not know but Yamato is key to Nero's power and unlocks his inner potential.

2nd step was depowering him further, which you can clearly see in the video. His arm stops glowing. That's the only time in series that has ever happened.

Only then is Nero absorbed.
Yeah, because the Vicar outright says he needs Nero's blood to come into contact with the sword for the sake of his plan or whatever. He does that, and then Nero gets absorbed because the Vicar doesn't need him anymore. It's not that complex.

There's no such active ability aside from energy projection techniques. Which are visually showcased.

You would need to prove otherwise for absorption.
This shit never made sense to me.

Idk why Mundus bothered making the damn thing whenever it can't even effect fodder in the verse.
It was made to power demons by consuming humans. That was the purpose.

Yeah, because the Vicar outright says he needs Nero's blood to come into contact with the sword for the sake of his plan or whatever. He does that, and then Nero gets absorbed because the Vicar doesn't need him anymore. It's not that complex.
Which sword?

What are you on about? Do you even know which sword he is talking about?

He is talking about Devil Sword Sparda, not Yamato lmao.

Lmao NO.
Nero’s blood doesn’t need to make contact with the Yamato all this talk tells me that you haven’t even bothered to at least watch the game, his plan is to absorb Nero for him to power the core since without Nero absorbed the savior can’t even fly, and he needs devil sword sparda to power the savior more.

If you haven't played the game and want to know things properly, I really wish you'd just say so. I'm happy to tell you. The statement about combining the sword and blood was referring somewhat incorrectly to something else, not the Saviour alone, and not even to getting the blood on the sword. He needed the Yamato to open the Hellgate. That's why the Yamato wasn't absorbed into the Saviour, hence why Dante was able to have it later before fighting the Saviour.

Last edited:
There's no active or passive here. You come in contact with surface of Saviour, you get absorbed.
That's the very definition of passive. Anywho, please substantiate this claim with scans.

You literally see as much with Vicar traveling throughout the body to remerge at different locations. Same with Kyrie being constantly shifted in and out of Saviour.
This doesn't mean you automatically get absorbed at all. Even in your video, the Vicar is physically standing on the Savior at various points.

Yamato was already inside Nero the whole time.
Being inside Nero may not necessarily mean that it is combined with his actual blood, the way that stabbing Nero would be.

This is what the text versions says:
“I had originally intended to absorb Dante into our Savior, but circumstances presenting, I'd rather choose the option at hand. After all, you’re also a descendant of Sparda.”

The vicar stared at Yamato.
“When your Sparda blood and this sword are combined, we will be able to proceed to the final stage of our ultimate goal.”

The line "when your Sparda blood and this sword are combined" occurs immediately after "The vicar stared at Yamato." How could this be understood as referring to something other than the sword Yamato?

Either way to avoid derailment, put your votes(fujiwara and deagnox) as disagree and let the other staff decide too.

Wait a minute then

Our current scaling for Savior leaves him, when at full power, at 4-C (His own feat + Nero's scaling) because it considers that the statue absorbed Nero but now even before the Yamato, he resisted such process ? This thread is confusing

There's no such active ability aside from energy projection techniques. Which are visually showcased.

You would need to prove otherwise for absorption.
What? Do you understand the question? I'm asking if there's a basis for the Savior absorbing anything and everything that comes into contact with it, rather than having to activate an ability.

Lmao NO.
Nero’s blood doesn’t need to make contact with the Yamato all this talk tells me that you haven’t even bothered to at least watch the game, his plan is to absorb Nero for him to power the core since without Nero absorbed the savior can’t even fly, and he needs devil sword sparda to power the savior more.
Which sword?

What are you on about? Do you even know which sword he is talking about?

wow i sure do wonder where i could've gotten that idea from, too bad it's a mystery we'll never solve

If you haven't played the game and want to know things properly, I really wish you'd just say so. I'm happy to tell you. The statement about combining the sword and blood was referring somewhat incorrectly to something else, not the Saviour alone. He needed the Yamato to open the Hellgate. That's why the Yamato wasn't absorbed into the Saviour, hence why Dante was able to have it later before fighting the Saviour.
...I'm saying if he needs the sword to come into contact with Sparda's blood, then why would he have the Savior absorb Nero, who is the only person in his vicinity who has Sparda's blood? If he absorbed Nero first then that would basically be shooting himself in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back