• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roronoa Zoro vs Kanzaki Kaori Rematch ( Gone wrong ) ( Gone sexual ) ( At 3am )

This one is pretty hard. Kaori has higher ap, but it is more of a double edged sword. Zoro is faster though, enough for a speed blitz. Kaori can however probably 'keep up' with zoro in close combat, and it will probably come down to who has better range. And on that note, I will give it to Kaori. I think her range is better and while yes she is slower, it should still not matter considering higher ap, range and arguably more versatile technique.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Doesn't Zoro have better range? 500 meters vs tens of meters.
I think he refers on CQC caus her sword is a lot longer and wires would keep Zoro away who never won and actually fought a battle with one technique which is his let say "wind style"

he became a ninja :D

Zoro does have his "Cannon" moves too where he fires gusts of wind to attack from range. He should have much greater AP when using his swords in close combat than with his wind gusts though.

GalaxianAegis said:
Zoro does have his "Cannon" moves too where he fires gusts of wind to attack from range. He should have much greater AP when using his swords in close combat than with his wind gusts though.
That's essentially the problem here plus Zoro fighting with only wind slashes is never happened before.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Doesn't Zoro have better range? 500 meters vs tens of meters.
His flying sword slashes, minus one technique tend to better be used over medium ranges, aka tens of meters The only technique I can think off, which I admitedly forgot about that breaks this rule is his Kokuju Tatsumaki, which has hundreds of meters in range somewhat lowballed (since it is closer to a tornado then it is an actual sword strike)

Also, I cant find the op calc on zoros speed, so I might change my vote if it is sufficient enough for a speed blitz.

That's essentially the problem here plus Zoro fighting with only wind slashes is never happened before.

Basically this, Zoro is closer to an actual swordsman, he rarely uses flying slashes techniques. Even when bloodlusted.

Kanzaki scales from a Mach 290 feat, Zoro scales from a Mach 270 one.

However, Zoro's feat is from the Enies Lobby Arc which is vastly inferior to the Zoro being used here. I think speed advantage should go to Zoro.

Shouldn't the previous match be removed from their pages before any kind of meaningful rematch?

Eitherway, while I'm okay with equalizing speed for an actual fight to happen, I'm against taking away powers/moves from a characters. Taking away one of Kaori's basic and most used spells to make the fight "fairer" but not equalizing speed is ridiculous.

Eitherway, my answer is the same as before. Kaori is a better fighter, with a slight edge on skill, better intelligence and analytical skills and a much more versatile moveset. Zoro has no answer for flying spells, curses, stealth spells and healing, so once Kaori realizes his enemy is limited to regular attacks he's in trouble. His only two advantages are his endurance (which is not really that big of an advantage this time since Kaori is not using Yuisen, so she will last a lot longer) and his ranged slashes. In close quarters (which he's going to aim at, since he's a sword nut like that), Kaori can keep up with him (before someone tries to bring up Observation Haki, it's been repeatedly proved as limited even by the current best guy on it in the manga, and Kaori has fought with people with combat precognition before and held her own perfectly well) and unleash an omnidirectional barrage of magic spells while at the same time attacking him with his sword.

Also, the people Kanzaki's speed is scaled to, Gunha and Salome, are also a lot weaker than her. Still think this should be speed equalized.

Oh in that case we talk about 2-3 times faster which is not enough for a blitz if we take in consideration her strings.

Actually in normal case he could get a blitz but as said I think her strings should protect her from that.

It's only 3 times faster in confront to her reactions so a blitz can happen but is little hard to get as she also has her strings as protection to slow him down or at least make him think twice on rushing.

Thou, yes he could blitz and I don't get why is Yuisen restricted but speed is not equalized??

WilliamShadow said:
Oh in that case we talk about 2-3 times faster which is not enough for a blitz if we take in consideration her strings.
Actually in normal case he could get a blitz but as said I think her strings should protect her from that.
The percentage needed for a speed blitz is 25 percent, at that point the eye cant keep up.

Beyond Mach 315ish, that is enough of a speed blitz.

But I dont know ANYTHING about her string abilities and how they work, are they absolute defense esque from naruto?

No it's not like absolute defence but she basically covers the ten meter range with several of her strings and use them to trap the enemie or cut them.

You should ask Cal what he thinks about it as I do think that 3 times diffrence speed isn't a considered as huge advantage, but it does give a blitz from time to time for sure.

Thou again I don't see the point of restricting her Yuisen but allowing Zoro his speed blitz???

WilliamShadow said:
No it's not like absolute defence but she basically covers the ten meter range with several of her strings and use them to trap the enemie or cut them.
You should ask Cal what he thinks about it as I do think that 3 times diffrence speed isn't a considered as huge advantage, but it does give a blitz from time to time for sure.

Thou again I don't see the point of restricting her Yuisen but allowing Zoro his speed blitz???
It seems fair to me one has higher ap the other higher?? speed.

Then again, alot of people will call stomp/mismatch just cuz of speed advantage.

I agree with @WilliamShadow. Without Yuisen, she's lacking a tool to be able to have a decisive victory. If Zoro will have a speed advantage anyways, I don't see the problem in having it enabled. as it gives her a chance.

Actually she no longer has AP advantage I believe as she is just mountain lvl herself. That why leaving him speed advantage looks weird.

Not sure how high on 7-A scale is she.

Saints should be pretty high on it, considering they can somewhat fight casual Island level characters and not get immediately stomped into the ground.

^Actually she scales from 100 megatons feat and that is baseline (the very beggining)she is only island lvl with her Yuisen.

No. She can fight a casual Acqua and Carissa with Curtana Original. Later she fights Carissa with Curtana Shards + regular Knight Leader and nerfed Acqua to a standstill. Yuisen is only cutting power, if she was just baseline Mountain level she would be bodied in seconds by any of those fighters.

I was under the assumption that she was on the high end of 7-A but if that's not the case I'll equalize the speed If other's believe that it should be. However as you stated he isn't fast enough to speed blitz.

Also I leave to grab a snack and I come back to the thread and it suddenly blew up. Lmao

@Lazy I only found that one calculation and now that I look certain profiles I do find it strange that she has solid 7-A rating when a person with her same power has at least 7-A rating lol.

@Galaxian I didn't say she doesn't have a chance to win at all, also because Yusein is too much for Zoro.

Plus now that we know she is far above baseline 7-A she has some AP and durabilty advantage so it's pretty ok as she can somewhat deal with speed difference with her strings.

@WilliamShadow

Who, Silvia? Silvia is a special case in that she has a second power source and is implied to be a lot stronger than the average Saint, all the while using a fighting style designed about restraining herself. Carissa and Knight Leader were relieved she was out of the country during the civil war because they considered her a threat, while they mocked Kanzaki's strength all they way.

@Lazy I guess Kanzaki will be something above baseline 7-A than just like Zoro when using haki so they should be equal in that aspect.

@Knight I don't think we voted honestly :)))

Okay, I will go for inconclusive. Kanzaki is more versatility as she also has her spells and she would have an advantage in CQC for her swords length and possibilty to just trap Zoro with her strings, or also attack him with them while they are both occupied in sword fight...

But Zoro can counter these things because he has a limited precognition and certain speed advantage that should allow him to escape before getting captured in by her strings and possibly try to use his speed advantage to get her off guard by somehow bypassing her strings if he is lucky enough.

So, yeah they counter each other pretty well, so you have me for a inconclusive.

Back