• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's entirely dishonest, if not outright laughable, to say that Yujiro's somehow don't have any basis or have been debunked.

The feat he scales to not only was casual, he has the demon back as a multiplier. The AP difference is barely 2x, there's no reason to believe he can't take care of forcefields. You are all here acting like he'd need to wail on them forever to make any progress.

On the other side of things, it's pretty damn silly of you Weekly to argue that somehow Riven abuses her obviously best tool in this specific scenario to hell and back to win. Isn't she mainly skilled as a physical combatant? Her normal attack being a slash and two of her skills made to close distance? Literally, all she ever needs to do is to get in anyway close and Yujiro can catch her. He's a master of all martial arts, with nifty things like grapples and holds, and aiming for things like nerves, joints, specific points in the head and more.

And this is all forgetting the 0.5 second stop, which as pointed out can even be damn spammed. There is more than enough for Yujiro to pull a win here and not even by the skin of his teeth, so my vote remains there.

@Sir The gap to begin with is 2x, with Riven getting constant damage boosts passively just from using her abilities on top of having a direct AP amp from Blade of the Exile. Her Forcefields scale to magic that can oneshot a guy who is strong enough to destroy Riven's sword, which Riven herself is not strong enough to break, Yujiro would need to put significant effort into attacking it in order to break through it.

She spams magic at close range which is mixed into her swordplay yes, she flat out acknowledges in her lore that her magic and the size of the blade itself perfectly fit her combat style. All but one of her techniques are made to be used in CQC, and the one that does have actual range can be used at close range with greater efficiency due to it being a cone of damage. And neat, unless he can reach through a forcefield none of those things will help.

Neat, he has a .5 second stop that can be spammed, Riven has a .75 second stop that can also be spammed. Riven has a 2x ap advantage and a longer amount of time to lay into Yujiro, so how you think that Yujiro would win in that aspect is beyond me.

Yujiro doesn't have intimidation aura on his profile. Why would his aura make Riven hesitate, she has dealt with more intimidating people then Yujiro.

Physical aura not intimidation. It is described as feeling like an earthquake by everyone who experiences it, which for a specific example was an entire skyscraper's inhabitants

@WeeklyBattles And you still ignore the fact that there is no evidence that Ki Blast can be spammed, while I can provide scans of .5 seconds being spammable due to Chinese Pocket Hand techniques. Once again conjecture on your behalf.

To continue on the Aura point, it physically shook the entire building and caused several people and objects to spasm and fall. As well as shattering highly reinforced glass.

If its a physical aura then her forcefields would block it, thus preventing her from being stunned

There is significant evidence that it can be spammed because the in-game cooldown timer is canonically nothing but game mechanics, every champ in the game is capable of spamming their abilities in lore with no cooldowns

Surely Riven wouldn't be hugely phased by Yujiro's aura after fighting chings like Cho'gath on the regular. Riven has lots of experience fighting against things twice her size/against things that would be impossible in grappler baki verse. I don't see her hesitating because of Yujiro's aura.

I never said he had intimidation aura, I just think that's a small mistake. The 0.5 thing seems to be based on the "boot up" time before the brain starts truly reacting to an event.

@Weekly Yes, getting constant damage boosts from her abilities for her Runic Blade, a close range attack. So, Riven who is 0.2 kilotons away from 7-C, has a shield that scales to magic that one shots a character strong enough to break her sword, which she can't do, so by all means she has a 7-C shield that is above baseline. Yet this isn't hinted in literally no way in her profile, not in her abilities, not in her durability. Sounds to me like it should be getting restricted.

Quite easy, by the fact that he can gain the initiative using his 0.5 stop that doesn't need any sort of ranged move, and the fact that nothing shows she wouldn't favor closing the distance with either of her two skills that do so, especially the one that gives her said shield. She'd need to go for that as her first move, and as he doesn't need to be close to use his, they could very well go for it at the same time.

To continue on Riven's Ki Burst point, it is an attack that can be dodged, but Yujiro's .5 second unconscious triggers the opponent's brain signal to attack, causing an opening for Yujiro. Not only is it spammable, but it is also undodgeable. Whereas Ki Burst paralysis isn't.

Her shields that give her physical defense above her tier and is in no way pointed out in her profile? I do have a problem with those shields.

Also, you three aren't going anywhere with the "it's physical" thing. It has nothing to do with her actually being physically hit by something.

Anttron224 said:
To continue on Riven's Ki Blast point, it is an attack that can be dodged, but Yujiro's .5 second unconscious triggers the opponent's brain signal to attack, causing an opening for Yujiro. Not only is it spammable, but it is also undodgeable. Whereas Ki Blast paralysis isn't.
Ki Burst is an aoe move that is instantaneous, it is not dodgeable.

>Mentions that she doesn't need to be hit with anything for stop spam to work.

>Still talks about Aura stopping it.

I still would love for someone to tell me why it isn't pointed out in any effectual way that Riven is effectively 7-C in dura with shields.

The aura is so powerful it shakes everything around it, it isn't a physical manifstation of power, which he could do with imagination power anyway (last point is irrelevant, just felt like bringing it up)

Riven's stun magic is AoE and omnidirectional around herself just like Yujiro's, how is it that Yujiro can somehow dodge her attack but she cant? Despite having a forcefield that would protect her from it?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Yes, getting constant damage boosts from her abilities for her Runic Blade, a close range attack. So, Riven who is 0.2 kilotons away from 7-C, has a shield that scales to magic that one shots a character strong enough to break her sword, which she can't do, so by all means she has a 7-C shield that is above baseline. Yet this isn't hinted in literally no way in her profile, not in her abilities, not in her durability. Sounds to me like it should be getting restricted.
And yet Yujiro is going through a CRT that would give him an amp that puts him into 7-C and its being allowed here. Seems fair.

.5 seconds is a trigger not an attack

He could jump back or up (He jumps execeptionally high)

Aura has a wider radius, also didn't say she couldn't dodge, it would just be more difficult

I know nothing of whatever that is about, so I am not sure why I should care? Unless the CRT actually goes through, he's stil not out of Low 7-C while Riven can spam a 7-C Dura forcefield.

Yujiro's stun lasts .5 seconds, Riven's lasts .75. Both are via AoE omnidirectional stuns. Riven however not only has the AP and Dura to withstand it and prevent herself from being stunned, but she has forcefields to block it so it doesnt affect her.

Anttron Im going to ask you to please make up your mind, is it a physical force or a fear aura? Because youre jumping back and forth between the two and its becoming somewhat annoying and confusing.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yujiro's stun lasts .5 seconds, Riven's lasts .75. Both are via AoE omnidirectional stuns. Riven however not only has the AP and Dura to withstand it and prevent herself from being stunned, but she has forcefields to block it so it doesnt affect her.
I feel like at this point I am saying potato but you are all saying brick.

It triggers her brain's unconscious reaction to attack. I've said she doesn't need to be hit by anything so she's not blocking anything but it seems to just go off in smoke. And just see what Ant said above. I had no idea about it, and it looks like even if it's true he remains Low 7-C all the same. So your "sounds fair" really doesn't matter while my issue remains the same.

I am not going to talk about low 7-C or 7-C right now but even if it triggers her to attack there is no reason she won't use her forcefield anyway which he still would not be able to get through in time.

Blackcurrant91 said:
I still don't get how the 0.5 seconds thing works. It's not detailed on his profile similar to Rivens shields scaling higher then her durability.
I'd really love to see where this is said, because I don't see it.

We also said multiple times nothing needed to hit, you were the one that mentioned fear aura or whatever else Black. You all got yourselves in this confusion.

What? You don't see what? I am agreeing with what you are saying xD other people where implying his 0.5 sec stop was based on his aura, I was just trying to figure out how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back