• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mori going like "oh I know this now" as soon as Baki does anything relatively new.

Renewal Taekwondo is a fictional Martial Art, though, so he wouldn't inherently know Mori's main techniques, though.
Baki would just copy it by breaking his skill limit and they will just copy each other to the heat dead if the universe. Also Baki can do like the same thing 😭

Baki would just copy it by breaking his skill limit and they will just copy each other to the heat dead if the universe
Baki would have problems with that since Mori arguably has higher adaptability.

Even early on in the series he's been shown to be able to instantly improvise off of the techniques he copies to create original moves that can go several tiers above himself, from simply experiencing a technique that nearly one-hit him, against a comparable opponent. That's pretty much the baseline for Mori tbh.

Baki would have problems with that since Mori arguably has higher adaptability.

Even early on in the series he's been shown to be able to instantly improvise off of the techniques he copies to create original moves that can go several tiers above himself, from simply experiencing a technique that nearly one-hit him, against a comparable opponent. That's pretty much the baseline for Mori tbh.
Tbf that’s the same for Baki as well. The benda scene in the manga was to show how better Baki technique was compared to someone that was a master. There’s are also times when he can break down entire fighters flow and complete copy everything the fighter can do.

But to be fair my knowledge for what’s it called the god of high school is basically zero. 🤷‍♀️

Tbf that’s the same for Baki as well. The benda scene in the manga was to show how better Baki technique was compared to someone that was a master. There’s are also times when he can break down entire fighters flow and complete copy everything the fighter can do.

But to be fair my knowledge for what’s it called the god of high school is basically zero. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah but Mori invented a technique that was nearly 52 times stronger than himself in the span of the same fight, so idk if Baki has any blatant multiplier jumps like that, but if he doesn't it's safe to say Mori can out-adapt him.

Yeah but Mori invented a technique that was nearly 52 times stronger than himself in the span of the same fight, so idk if Baki has any blatant multiplier jumps like that, but if he doesn't it's safe to say Mori can out-adapt him.
So techniques in Baki are weird. Like it’s massively stats amps or are dura neg technique. Like if you read the Doppo fight, Doppo spear attack was legit going to kill Yujiro. Not harm or greatly injure, it would have killed him. There are like so many examples of this that’s it’s not even technique just strikes in the Series.

Retsu with his own pure strength couldn’t do shit to Pickle. But once he was using his moves and strikes he started doing damage. Jack was straight up going to kill Pickle if he attack while unconscious. Idk at the moment if I could place a multiplier but it would be high

That's cool and all but Mori's adaptations have actually tier-jumped him before and multiplied his power many times over. Like, if his amps were just an unquantifiable scaling chain, then you'd have an argument, but since Mori has actual solid multipliers/tier-jumping feats in keys previous to this, it's difficult to argue that Baki could keep up in terms of gaining strength and shit.

I don't know much about Baki's dura neg, though, as that's an entirely different story.

That's cool and all but Mori's adaptations have actually tier-jumped him before and multiplied his power many times over. Like, if his amps were just an unquantifiable scaling chain, then you'd have an argument, but since Mori has actual solid multipliers/tier-jumping feats in keys previous to this, it's difficult to argue that Baki could keep up in terms of gaining strength and shit.

I don't know much about Baki's dura neg, though, as that's an entirely different story.
Well I don’t want to go to off because it’s not on the profiles so if you hear it rn you think it would be made up😭

Like my face when I realize that I’m 90% sure when the guys doing the Baki revisions probably reading the manga with their eyes close

😐

Also, for further confirmation, no, Mori doesn't know every Martial Art ever known to man, I was just playing along with a joke. He knows a lot of Martial Arts but he's never seen every Martial Arts ever and "mastered them twice".
renewal taekwondo is a combo of every martial art, it was mastered by a dude then mori's grandfather beat him and made it better and mastered it.

These two are pretty evenly matched in terms of raw skill. But Baki can't copy certain abilities. Re-Taekwondo would blow up Baki's body if he uses it to the full extent. Even someone who could perfectly mimic it like Dean was outdone by Mori through sheer difference in experience using the technique.

Bongchim Nah Acupuncture also can't be copied because it requires you to be divine in some capacity. And more of Mori's potent abilities come from Bongchim Nah Acupuncture. Paralysis and pain manip come from it.

Yeah, it's a Martial Art based on other vague techniques in Korea and an entirely different version of Taekwondo. Stop trying to exaggerate Re-Taekwondo beyond it just being a unique version of Taekwondo and instead some super-Martial Art made from every skill known to man or some shit.
Yeah, it's a Martial Art based on other vague techniques in Korea and an entirely different version of Taekwondo. Stop trying to exaggerate Re-Taekwondo beyond it just being a unique version of Taekwondo and instead some super-Martial Art made from every skill known to man or some shit.
False, These took the best skills from russia and china too and put it through a machine.

Okay, so, still a bunch of vague Russian and Chinese techniques lol.
well the goal still was to create the best martial art with no weakness and multiple governments came together and used high tech technology to make it and even after than mori's grandfather made it better

weaknesses found by park's grandfather who made a better version of renewal taekwondo, and park was teaching him what his grandfather tought him, mori got rid of those weaknesses
The Martial Art having weaknesses that needed to be accounted for and fixed in the first place means it definitely isn't the ultimate martial art it was meant to be at the beginning.

The Martial Art having weaknesses that needed to be accounted for and fixed in the first place means it definitely isn't the ultimate martial art it was meant to be at the beginning.
Well it was the ultimate martial art out of anything else, but then it was made better by a users so ofc that would birth weaknesses to the early version

Forgetting how goh is, mori has reached apex of technique early in the series but then Transends that multiple times showing that the verse really has no limit

Bro what Mori doesn't have transcendental Martial Arts early series what are you talking about. 🗿

So mori has a big range advantage and could just spam the blue dragon kick combos, Baki would also get negged by mori's acupuncture which he has shown to lead with in battle, mori could just spot all of baki's weak points.

If we’re really doing this match despite the upcoming revision, can someone fill me in with a quick TL;DR of the arguments up to this point?

Back