• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should state that Monsoon isn't in this form passively nor does he lead with it

Schnee One said:
I should state that Monsoon isn't in this form passively nor does he lead with it
They're about equal in base, but unless Yujiro uses something like Udonde to lead and Aiki to make Monsoon hit himself (which Yujiro uses both separately in character, but not together), Monsoon's gunna shred him pretty quickly

Monsoon's Dystopia (his Sai) are HF, so they do negate durability. Monsoon's body is fast enough that it can make him dodge attacks from Raiden's Ripper Mode Blade Mode, which are AT ABSOLUTE LEAST 10 times faster than Monsoon himself. He doesn't start off with this ability active, but it's in-character for him to use it not long after the start of a fight, even before he really starts to lose ground. It's worth mentioning that he scales to Raiden's Ripper Mode, which is vastly above Raiden's base ap

Also Monsoon can just dislocate his upper body and legs to attack Yujiro from 2 sides at the same time, along with being able to dislocate his arm to reach crazy distances. It's worth noting that Monsoon can't stay dislocated for too long due to his body-parts potentially running out of oxygen if they stay away from his body for too long, but this is nothing more than a piece of trivia, Monsoon can go entire minutes fully dislocated without a problem during his bossfight, so it won't change anything

Twellas said:
Monsoon's Dystopia (his Sai) are HF, so they do negate durability. Monsoon's body is fast enough that it can make him dodge attacks from Raiden's Ripper Mode Blade Mode, which are AT ABSOLUTE LEAST 10 times faster than Monsoon himself. He doesn't start off with this ability active, but it's in-character for him to use it not long after the start of a fight, even before he really starts to lose ground. It's worth mentioning that he scales to Raiden's Ripper Mode, which is vastly above Raiden's base ap
Yes, we discussed these points, all of which combined is why this is a stomp

SpookyShadow said:
Metal Gear characters are recently skill killers. Jack defeated Yujiro twice in a row and stomped Ikki, and now Monsoon defeats Yujiro, dayum
I like to think that my CRT played a significant role in this, but this is not up for me to judge

SpookyShadow said:
Metal Gear characters are recently skill killers. Jack defeated Yujiro twice in a row and stomped Ikki, and now Monsoon defeats Yujiro, dayum
The accepted Yujiro fight might be a stomp as well for the same reason the second match was a stomp: I wasn't aware of Raiden's ability to go from taking damage from hits to no-selling in mere seconds until the very end of the second thread

Actually i just found a statement that makes Raiden's RPL even crazier. Doktor states that Armstrong could oneshot Raiden in terms of strength: "You appear to have a speed advantage, but even a single blow from him could prove fatal".

So not only did Raiden just not die from one hit of a character who could oneshot him, he also filled this gap within those few seconds, because at that point there would be no reason for Armstrong to one-shot him if he could.

I really don't know how no one realized Raiden had this ability until now tbh

Twellas said:
I like to think that my CRT played a significant role in this, but this is not up for me to judge
Not do downplay you, great job, but Jack was already like that before that CRT.

Twellas said:
I really don't know how no one realized Raiden had this ability until now tbh
Because not everyone is as much as you of an info-checker and thought Jack went Ripper Mode :v

Armstrong was holding back with his hits a lot tbh. He wanted Raiden to join him.

Maybe at the very beginning, but in the final phase he outright says "You know what? **** this war, i just want you dead", and even before that, Armstrong is already determined to kill him before the EXCELSUS' explosion, just look at his "DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT" punch.

Twellas said:
Given the amount of hax Yujiro has, he probably does have some obscure winco
None of his hax work on non-organics tho, save for like "very limited Earth manip" or like "Surface Scaling"

He can deliver only few punches though. You can see Jack could only slash Monsoon few times before he started to become untouchable.

They had an entire 4 minute fight prior to that

He only needs a few punches as well if he nails it, since he has a stomp worthy AP advantage in Demon Back

Its unlikely, but its a win con

Schnee One said:
They had an entire 4 minute fight prior to that

He only needs a few punches as well if he nails it, since he has a stomp worthy AP advantage in Demon Back

Its unlikely, but its a win con
If he goes the full 4 mins without EMP amping and yeeting, this would be a stomp in the other direction. Yujiro isn't getting hit without that amp, and when DB comes out, this gets nasty, but I doubt Monsoon wouldn't just whip out EMP amp and yeet Yujiro

Schnee One said:
@Baki

You can watch the fight
No, sorry, I meant in this fight. Yujiro starts a bit stronger, becomes 4x stronger, becomes 4x faster, and has a massive skill advantage. It would be stupid of Monsoon not to just amp and dice him up

Edit: Also, his reaction speed would be 10x faster if he uses Sangan, making a speed amp all but more warranted

Are we gonna ignore that Monsoon's Ap is vastly above Yujiro's? Monsoon scales to RM Raiden, who is significantly above base Raiden who is vastly above 20kt, and it's not in character for Yujiro to start with his amps. Monsoon goes in that state as soon as he's struggling, you can activate that state as soon as 1 minute after the beginning if you play the bossfight correctly with a maxed out weapon.

And since his stamina scales to Raiden's he would definitely be able to take a beating from a character who is stronger than him, after all Raiden tanked a beatdown from a guy who we are told could oneshot him in terms of power

Twellas said:
Are we gonna ignore that Monsoon's Ap is vastly above Yujiro's? Monsoon scales to RM Raiden, who is significantly above base Raiden who is vastly above 20kt, and it's not in character for Yujiro to start with his amps. Monsoon goes in that state as soon as he's struggling, you can activate that state as soon as 1 minute after the beginning if you play the bossfight correctly with a maxed out weapon.
But it's not. Yujiro causally 2 shot a 15 KT Oliva like it was nothing. They're likely comparable, with DB making Yujiro massively stronger, but it doesn't matter because of speed amps and oneshot, along with inorganic physiology. Yujiro gets stomped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back