• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? I might just go with Yujiro Hanma. He's a Genius level fighter. So, let's break it down. Monsoon has electromagnetism manipulation, that's not going to do much against his energy manipulation and attack reflection. Invisibility won't work either, due to his enhanced sixth sense. The high frequency weapons are formidable, but nothing Hanma can't handle. Why? Because Hanma can use info analysis, prediction, and statistics amplification.

I'll drop my vote for Yujiro.

I don't think that'll be much of an issue. Most of Moonson's attacks should get countered if we look at their profiles, however yes I remember he can dismember his body but that shouldn't be an issue since Hanma has info analysis, genius intellect, and he should be able to adapt to Moonson's fighting style easily.

Raiden still managed to beat him though, even when he separated his body he threw those EMP grenades at him where he managed to cut his head. Hanma's info analysis could probably allow him to pinpoint where his weakpoints are and attack him accordingly. Hanma also has paralysis inducement as well, so there's a possibility there.

Because he had his own HF Blade and EMP Grenades that were his biggest weakness.

Idk how paralysis would work on a guy with no muscles and only made of nanotechnology and cyborgization.

I mean that's a good point. I don't know if Monsoon being a cyborg would make much of a difference though. Since an entire nation's military with their advanced tech wouldn't be able to scratch Yujiro.

I just can't see any other of Moonsoon's attacks working tbh. Yujiro pretty much has counters for all of them. Plus, even with a long drawn out fight? Idk if Monsoon could put him down either due to the fact that the guy has accelerated development.

I don't think Baki technology is even close to MGR technology, in MGR soldiers are mainly all cyborgs around Gray Fox's level, in Baki they are just humans.

He has no counter to HF Blade dura neg and idk if he can actually reflect towers thrown at him.

It may not be, but if a nation's whole army along with it's weapons can't beat Yujiro? Idk if he's totally outclassed if he goes up against something like Monsoon.

Wouldn't his attack reflection work on the HF blade? Also, a tower? Monsoon was throwing cars and pieces of buildings at Raiden. I'm quite sure Yujiro could destroy those things with ease.

Monsoon >>>>>>>> army of fodder soldiers (in-verse), he's 7-C to begin with, how were the soldiers supposed to scratch him?

Even if Yujiro could reflect it, he lacks lifting strength to hold back that massive ball of tanks, debris, planes and helicopters. If he makes even a physical contact with HF Blade he gets his hands cut off.

I'm assuming that when the FBI, USA, and the presidents stated that their military stood no chance, they don't mean just the soliders but the many weapons within their arsenal as well.

All Monsoon was really throwing at Raiden were pieces of buildings, a small plane, a bunch of cars, and at the end of the fight he took a large piece of debris to send at Raiden, which he jumped over. I don't think any of those things would necessarily be a problem for Hanma to smash through. I was asking if his attack reflection could work against the HF blade.

....You do realize even nukes barely scratch 7C right? Monsoon Stomps the US military effortlessly. This comparison is terrible

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with that at all. These characters are within the same tier.

I'm more interested in discussing their abilities and see how each of them outmaneuver the other. I'm wondering if Yujiro's attack reflection could work on the HF blade.

Alright, I guess I'll settle and agree that Monsoon wins then. Since, everyone here managed to clear up some of my gripes that I had with both of these characters.

How good no one knows, Metal Gear is not the type of series to always go "this amps him to 1000x power, and this to 1000x speed" but he can pretty much use EMP to dislocate his body faster

SpookyShadow said:
How good no one knows, Metal Gear is not the type of series to always go "this amps him to 1000x power, and this to 1000x speed" but he can pretty much use EMP to dislocate his body faster
Well even I can't argue against 1000x speed, Yujiro would be ****** ovo

How fast does EMP dislocate his body?

It's an amp, he can't move this fast when fighting, Judy when he's in this state

Okay I'm a little confused. Monsoon's profile says his base is Sub Rel for fighting evenly with Raiden and at least Sub Rel for the Blade Mode dodge, that part makes sense, but it says that with Blade Mode, Raiden is Sub Rel and without it, he's only MHS+. How is Monsoon Sub Rel in Base for matching a MHS+?

Raiden that Monsoon fought was not MHS+, he in his Patriots body at first in MGR was. He is Sub-Rel in base after his further enhancements and even further in Ripper Mode (which he was canonically in entire fight)

SpookyShadow said:
Raiden that Monsoon fought was not MHS+, he in his Patriots body at first in MGR was. He is Sub-Rel in base after his further enhancements and even further in Ripper Mode (which he was canonically in entire fight)
So this EMP amp is over 10x? Or was Monsoon initially faster than Raiden's base?

EMP aura appears around him when he enhances himself further so I guess.

He never fought Raiden's base. He fought him in Ripper Mode entire fight. But he dodges every Blade Mode swing that is calculated to be around 10x amp.

SpookyShadow said:
EMP aura appears around him when he enhances himself further so I guess.
He never fought Raiden's base. He fought him in Ripper Mode entire fight. But he dodges every Blade Mode swing that is calculated to be around 10x amp.
Well shit, I don't what Yujiro can do. Monsoon doesn't have RPL like Raiden, but he's, even with Sangan and Demon Back, faster. Yujiro's reaction speed with Sangan and DB is 10x (2.5x and 4x), but that's only reaction speed. Yujiro's combat speed is still outsped by over 6x. This wouldn't be that bad without the accursed one-shot. I don't think Yujiro has a viable win con here...

Monsoon uses a Sai instead of a blade, so he doesn't have as much one shot potential as Raiden

Two Sai.

Also, the Electro magnetic amp shiz, I said it's for body dislocation, not overall movement speed. Monsoon can still cut him in half with a swing though. Maybe he has a short range but HF Blades has proven to have good vacuum blade range and when you play with his Sai as Raiden it's pretty sick

I can't believe there was a 500+ post debate on Yujiro vs Raiden and he simply loses to Monsoon who Jack has beaten xD

This is quite odd tbh. This battle is kind of a repeat of Raiden vs Yujiro, lol. How come this battle was made? It's literally a stomp xD. Yujiro has no way of competing with the HF weapons whatsoever. Unless you remove them that is, but even so Monsoon's only weakness is the EMP grenades.

Metal Gear characters are recently skill killers. Jack defeated Yujiro twice in a row and stomped Ikki, and now Monsoon defeats Yujiro, dayum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back