• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the absorption work again? Is it instant? Reinhard has no chance to swing his sword?

Death Manipulation resistance isn't that new but allows him to resist Julius' instant death beam thing.

He doesn't have enough time for TGoALiD in the time stop? Can't he kill Rimuru the same way he kills Reinhard, what's the difference there?

About Reinhard starting with EE sword. The thing is he's only really had like two/three real fights. One of them was against Regulus, who can't be affected by anything regardless of what he does (be it EE, space slash, etc). Another is Volcanica, which we're unsure what happened there I believe.

Leaving the only fight that's actually usable for his general starting move being Puck vs Reinhard, where he did in fact swing his sword to erase him. That was his first move. He doesn't tend to waste time.
Rimuru has to completely surround his opponent and then consume them if I recall

Okay.

TGoALiD stops ticking if his Time Stop is active. Ainz also can't activate TGoALiD at all in his Time Stop. The only things Ainz can do in his Time Stop is move around physically, and use Delay Magic spells(Death Manip stuff, Teleportation, ETC)

Fair enough.

Rimuru has to completely surround his opponent and then consume them if I recall
I meant Ainz's soul absorption thing. I doubt Gluttony can come into play here tbh.

TGoALiD stops ticking if his Time Stop is active. Ainz also can't activate TGoALiD at all in his Time Stop. The only things Ainz can do in his Time Stop is move around physically, and use Delay Magic spells(Death Manip stuff, Teleportation, ETC)
So uh, surely he has something that can fight Rimuru in time stop, right? This is webnovel Rimuru who doesn't have many resistances, especially not as many as Reinhard does, so I was uncertain why you are so confident he can beat Reinhard, but think he gets destroyed by Rimuru lol.

Leaving the only fight that's actually usable for his general starting move being Puck vs Reinhard, where he did in fact swing his sword to erase him. That was his first move. He doesn't tend to waste time.
But is a not trought.
Brief and intermittent, it was difficult to make out what that sound may be.
Difficult, simply because it was so hard to believe that it was precisely what it sounded like.

[Puck: Kh, kheheh……haha, hhahaha!]

[Reinhard: ――What’s so funny?]

With his throat trembling, and on the verge of death, Puck’s face twisted as he burst into laughter.
Even with his life and death in another’s hands, and having had his actions impeded, Puck was laughing. Unable to fathom his meaning, Reinhard asked this question.
But Puck only seemed to find his reaction even more hilarious.

[Puck: What’s so funny? It’s funny, of course it’s funny. Reinhard, you…… no, what would this upstart possibly know?]

[Reinhard: …………]

[Puck: I remember now. How it was meant to be. It took me long enough to understand it. And, having understood, when I saw how you still don’t know, it’s so funny I couldn’t help myself]

There was something different about the tone and volume of that statement that was completely unlike Puck.
For Subaru, who had plenty of memories of seeing Puck in his cat-form, this was the first time he had heard such malice in his words.

This was different from his loathing towards Subaru and Petelgeuse after Emilia was killed. At that time, Puck was still Puck.
This time, the laughter directed at Reinhard was nothing like what he had ever seen from Puck before, but something else entirely――

[Reinhard: ……I will make sure that there are no more casualties. If you want someone to hate, then hate me]

[Puck: I don’t hate you, Reinhard. You are a hero. And a hero has a hero’s role to fill. I don’t resent or fault you for following your creed]

[Reinhard: ――――]

[Puck: You are a hero, Reinhard. ――A hero is all you will ever be]

At the end of the end, he uttered the most spiteful remark of them all.

Here is not being his first move.
He beat Puck up, and then destroy him.

I meant Ainz's soul absorption thing. I doubt Gluttony can come into play here tbh.

So uh, surely he has something that can fight Rimuru in time stop, right? This is webnovel Rimuru who doesn't have many resistances, especially not as many as Reinhard does, so I was uncertain why you are so confident he can beat Reinhard, but think he gets destroyed by Rimuru lol.
Oh, it's an Aura on Soul Eaters he summons(Golden horse things, he rides some in Season 4), for combat their Aura just immediately vores the souls of those around them in a pretty beefy radius if unresisted lol

That's the hilarious thing, Ainz doesn't have a lot of dura neg shit that isn't Soul-based(Hell Flame which instantly burns away the soul, aka stupid fast soul Damage, or Soul Vore from soul eaters, maybe resisted), Death Manipulation(Resisted), or Reality Slash(A big cut. On someone with Low-High Regen. Good joke.)

Oh, it's an Aura on Soul Eaters he summons(Golden horse things, he rides some in Season 4), for combat their Aura just immediately vores the souls of those around them in a pretty beefy radius if unresisted lol

That's the hilarious thing, Ainz doesn't have a lot of dura neg shit that isn't Soul-based(Hell Flame which instantly burns away the soul, aka stupid fast soul Damage, or Soul Vore from soul eaters, maybe resisted), Death Manipulation(Resisted), or Reality Slash(A big cut. On someone with Low-High Regen. Good joke.)
Ainz probably still wins against both of them with the soul eaters.

Rimuru resists soul damage and soul control, but not soul absorption.

Reinhard resists soul damage and soul control, but not soul absorption.

So uh, they're both in the same boat there.

But is a not trought.
Brief and intermittent, it was difficult to make out what that sound may be.
Difficult, simply because it was so hard to believe that it was precisely what it sounded like.

[Puck: Kh, kheheh……haha, hhahaha!]

[Reinhard: ――What’s so funny?]

With his throat trembling, and on the verge of death, Puck’s face twisted as he burst into laughter.
Even with his life and death in another’s hands, and having had his actions impeded, Puck was laughing. Unable to fathom his meaning, Reinhard asked this question.
But Puck only seemed to find his reaction even more hilarious.

[Puck: What’s so funny? It’s funny, of course it’s funny. Reinhard, you…… no, what would this upstart possibly know?]

[Reinhard: …………]

[Puck: I remember now. How it was meant to be. It took me long enough to understand it. And, having understood, when I saw how you still don’t know, it’s so funny I couldn’t help myself]

There was something different about the tone and volume of that statement that was completely unlike Puck.
For Subaru, who had plenty of memories of seeing Puck in his cat-form, this was the first time he had heard such malice in his words.

This was different from his loathing towards Subaru and Petelgeuse after Emilia was killed. At that time, Puck was still Puck.
This time, the laughter directed at Reinhard was nothing like what he had ever seen from Puck before, but something else entirely――

[Reinhard: ……I will make sure that there are no more casualties. If you want someone to hate, then hate me]

[Puck: I don’t hate you, Reinhard. You are a hero. And a hero has a hero’s role to fill. I don’t resent or fault you for following your creed]

[Reinhard: ――――]

[Puck: You are a hero, Reinhard. ――A hero is all you will ever be]

At the end of the end, he uttered the most spiteful remark of them all.

Here is not being his first move.
He beat Puck up, and then destroy him.

Reinhard's first move while having access to a sword has most often been a "sword swing with effort", which with Reid would be EE.

This was the case as soon as he no longer had to hold back vs Elsa for Emilia to heal Rom, it was the case when he decided he had to eliminate Puck, it was the case when he had to use an opening move on Regulus, and was his first move when attacking Pleiades in Wrath IF.

There have been instances where he didn't use it when he could, such as vs his grandmother, but I think you could guess why he wouldn't EE her.

This was the case as soon as he no longer had to hold back vs Elsa for Emilia to heal Rom,
it was the case when he had to use an opening move on Regulus,
and was his first move when attacking Pleiades in Wrath IF.
So neither of this examples are his actually EE nuke that he have, is just his super strong sword slash.
it was the case when he decided he had to eliminate Puck,
And he din't use first move against Puck as shown above.

All of this examples above are him using against things that are threat to people and evil, so he decided to kill them which makes sense, but i really don't think he use against Rimuru for no reason without prior knowlegement.

I do agree he would use against Ainz, because he is skeleton but trying to kill Rimuru for no reason would be pretty weird.
Well, If he does use EE nuke, he probally would kill Rimuru anyway, doing to being Omnidirecional.

So neither of this examples are his actually EE nuke that he have, is just his super strong sword slash.

And he din't use first move against Puck as shown above.

All of this examples above are him using against things that are threat to people and evil, so he decided to kill them which makes sense, but i really don't think he use against Rimuru for no reason without prior knowlegement.

I do agree he would use against Ainz, because he is skeleton but trying to kill Rimuru for no reason would be pretty weird.
Well, If he does use EE nuke, he probally would kill Rimuru anyway, doing to being Omnidirecional.
Can't Ainz TP outta the way (reading above, Rimuru would too)?

I am gonna have to lean towards Reinhard here considering his Intuition which automatically signals him to use his Best AoE Attacks + Range.

Ainz lack of knowledge really hinders him cuz he has 0 ways of knowing what would even be Useful vs Reinhard meaning its more rng on what he pulls after Timestop + Death Hax.
Can't Ainz TP outta the way (reading above, Rimuru would too)?
Technically yes.

Shalltear did that in V3 iirc to avoid Ainz attack (Thousand Bone Lance) using Greater Teleportation but the thing is Ainz has 0 clue about Reinhard EE range which travels pretty fast and up to 20 KM which is absurd by Overlord Standards for an attack.

I am gonna have to lean towards Reinhard here considering his Intuition which automatically signals him to use his Best AoE Attacks + Range.

Ainz lack of knowledge really hinders him cuz he has 0 ways of knowing what would even be Useful vs Reinhard meaning its more rng on what he pulls after Timestop + Death Hax.
Ainz has consistently opened with Time Stop, and he very often leads that into death hax lol

The only times he doesn't is when he knows his opponents resist the shit

I said they were unnamed Satella, but Basically it's some of his passives as an Overlord that makes Instant Death effects "more effective"

Easy detail to forget, yeah?
You are correct but would that really count as layers? I am pretty sure something being more effective doesn't necessarily mean its a whole layer above it right

Also apparently you need a CRT to add another layer to a power which i think should be done for Ainz (unless ofc the passive death hax being multi layered is already on his profile)

You are correct but would that really count as layers? I am pretty sure something being more effective doesn't necessarily mean its a whole layer above it right

Also apparently you need a CRT to add another layer to a power which i think should be done for Ainz (unless ofc the passive death hax being multi layered is already on his profile)
Lately people are adding layers to the profile to justify the skill.

But Ainz's profile hasn't been updated for a long time (last time in 2022) so I don't even know if this has ever been commented on.

I wanted bold on the page.

I mean even if it's just "above baseline Death hax" that's still enough to overpower the Resistances here which are flat baseline

Also, Ainz has been argued to have a layer of death hax since like, 2019 or some shit, it's not exactly some unknown thing that was never argued lol
Lately people are adding layers to the profile to justify the skill.

But Ainz's profile hasn't been updated for a long time (last time in 2022) so I don't even know if this has ever been commented on.

I wanted bold on the page.
Yeah for the most part it was just taken as correct lol

And that update was an up-to-date rework of his entire profile, there hasn't been another volume since I don't think

I think(?) Reinhard's death hax resistence would be layered.

(Reinhard (resists)> Authority of Lust (above all DPs) > Divine Protection (resist) > Julius' death hax / Halibel's death hax)

But I'd assume Ainz has more layers, Reinhard can come back from dying anyway so arguing death layers is probably moot.

Here we go. All 5 ainz vs rein threads all over again.
Since it has been on that line of thought before and following it, we saw Ainz's victory (and no tensura supp showed up in a while)
Ainz FRA+How he ignores Rein immo(s) (I presented the link above)
To be fair, Ainz was given a day of preparation time in that thread, along with prior knowledge.

Here, he isn't granted that. Still, the advantage given by layered time stop is quite a big one.

I'm not sure if the soul eaters are a common/starting move of Ainz, but if they are then he wins via those.

If not, and he allows Rein to get even a single swing of his sword in, the match is over for both opponents.

Question for @DaReaperMan: When you say soul absorption, you don't mean that the soul is being destroyed, right? Just "absorbed?"

Asking because Reinhard can apparently deal with his soul being destroyed.

Furthermore, what exactly makes absorbing a soul so much different than any other form of soul manipulation? Because it's "moving" the soul, or something?

I don't know the context of any other Reinhard vs Ainz threads. I also don't really want to read a whole other thread. Just tell me why what I said is wrong.
You're not wrong
This thread just came to the same conclusion and then people (including me and dareaperman) detailed how he'd bypass Rein's ultra busted immo(s) with soul-absorbing creatures+layered TS (for example)
You should check it

This thread just came to the same conclusion and then people (including me and dareaperman) detailed how he'd bypass Rein's ultra busted immo(s) with soul-absorbing creatures+layered TS (for example)
It seems he had prior knowledge + prep in that thread. Is using Soul Eaters after Timestop more likely than him using his favourite spell, Grasp Heart? Or Death, or True Death, or any other spell? If uses any of his many spells that isn't that specific ability, Reinhard will win.

You're not wrong
You should check it
But he doesn't have prep time here though and i dont see him going for low level summons against Reinhard von asspull. Also Ainz cant even let a single sword swing to be allowed which Reinhard will absolutely try to do so here any chance he gets due to his instincts screaming at him

What we said in this thread is that ainz would be able to TP outta the first attack from Rein and GH him to death
Which would make Rein revive
Which would make ainz TS and summon the creatures

I'm not saying I'm 100% correct, just seems logical to me

I think(?) Reinhard's death hax resistence would be layered.

(Reinhard (resists)> Authority of Lust (above all DPs) > Divine Protection (resist) > Julius' death hax / Halibel's death hax)

But I'd assume Ainz has more layers, Reinhard can come back from dying anyway so arguing death layers is probably moot.
Don't know Rein enough to comment chief
To be fair, Ainz was given a day of preparation time in that thread, along with prior knowledge.

Here, he isn't granted that. Still, the advantage given by layered time stop is quite a big one.

I'm not sure if the soul eaters are a common/starting move of Ainz, but if they are then he wins via those.

If not, and he allows Rein to get even a single swing of his sword in, the match is over for both opponents.

Question for @DaReaperMan: When you say soul absorption, you don't mean that the soul is being destroyed, right? Just "absorbed?"

Asking because Reinhard can apparently deal with his soul being destroyed.

Furthermore, what exactly makes absorbing a soul so much different than any other form of soul manipulation? Because it's "moving" the soul, or something?
We dont know if it's destroyed or not, just that it's converting it into HP

Do you say that, say, Soul Possession would be covered by a resistance to soul damaging? I don't. Very few times does soul resistance actually cover everything.
It seems he had prior knowledge + prep in that thread. Is using Soul Eaters after Timestop more likely than him using his favourite spell, Grasp Heart? Or Death, or True Death, or any other spell? If uses any of his many spells that isn't that specific ability, Reinhard will win.
Dropping summons is pretty damn in-character for Ainz, especially since Reinhard has this lovely problem of not all of Ainz' death Manipulation is magic. Reinhard can't swing his sword if every time he even thinks of ressurecting he's dead again lol

Note: Rimuru has now been changed to Light Novel version.

We dont know if it's destroyed or not, just that it's converting it into HP

Do you say that, say, Soul Possession would be covered by a resistance to soul damaging? I don't. Very few times does soul resistance actually cover everything.
It depends. In this case the "soul possession" is absorption that seems extremely vague. It could potentially require the soul to actually be damaged during the consumption process, like how humans eat/devour food, in which case it wouldn't really work.

Dropping summons is pretty damn in-character for Ainz, especially since Reinhard has this lovely problem of not all of Ainz' death Manipulation is magic. Reinhard can't swing his sword if every time he even thinks of ressurecting he's dead again lol
The thing is, will he be doing this to both Rimuru and Reinhard? Reinhard ain't the only one in the matchup. Can he fend off them both at once?

Cause like...

1. Match starts
2. Ainz, Rimuru, and Reinhard see each other a medium distance away.
3. Reinhard's first move is to swing his sword. Rimuru's first move is to analyze and then use whatever ability would work best for him.

In order for Ainz to win, he must do something that immediately eliminates Reinhard as a threat. Is his first move 100% of the time going to be something that does that? If not, what would the percent look like?

Side Note: Based on Rimuru's regeneration scan, pretty sure "High" should be removed. It says that "maybe we will have to reduce him to atoms to kill him" which seems more like an exaggeration venting their exasperation in trying to kill him, rather than an actual fact.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back