• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Reinhard Van Astrea 7-0 (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzuRizzz

She/Her
Been seeing a lot of arguments about it online so why not try it

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ainz_Ooal_Gown

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reinhard_van_Astrea?so=search

Sword saint against the Sorcerer King

Situation: Nazarick has been transported in Re:Zero verse

Reinhard is tasked to slay the Overlord

Ainz has knowledge about every abilities and haxxes (including resistances) Reinhard has and him about to attack Nazarick

The battle takes after the day Ainz discovered the attack plan on Nazarick hence Preparation Time and access to nazarick treasures

Both in character ofc

Speed Equalized

Ainz has ordered everyone not to interfere

Win via KO or Death

Who wins

Ainz: 7

Reinhard: 0

Last edited:
Only thing Ainz can do to Van Astra is stand there with his death manipulation aura until he figures out he needs level 4 Despair aura to kill him. And you can be damn sure it'd work on Van Astra as it's not magic nor does he resist death manipulation or madness manipulation.

Reinhard will die if his soul is destroyed, but he has top tier resistance to soul destruction in his verse and the author implied that if something could bypass it he could ask for an even stronger soul protection blessing.

I'd say Reinhard would kill Ainz in a 1vs1 non speed equalized scenario most of the time even with prep. (He has first attack immunity wich works as some sort of spiderman danger sense+instinctive reaction+speed amp) that would likely let him not be taken by surprise by passive despair aura.

In this specific scenario however, i'm giving it to Ainz. While Reinhard just has to draw his blade and let the AOE matter hax do it's job Ainz here has prep, knowledge and acess to all his World items (wich i'm pretty sure he doesn't have in Isekai Quartet.) I believe he can devise a strategy with all his resources that kills Reinhard and stops his ressurection/immortality more often than not.

Reinhard will die if his soul is destroyed, but he has top tier resistance to soul destruction in his verse and the author implied that if something could bypass it he could ask for an even stronger soul protection blessing.

I'd say Reinhard would kill Ainz in a 1vs1 non speed equalized scenario most of the time even with prep. (He has first attack immunity wich works as some sort of spiderman danger sense+instinctive reaction+speed amp) that would likely let him not be taken by surprise by passive despair aura.

In this specific scenario however, i'm giving it to Ainz. While Reinhard just has to draw his blade and let the AOE matter hax do it's job Ainz here has prep, knowledge and acess to all his World items (wich i'm pretty sure he doesn't have in Isekai Quartet.) I believe he can devise a strategy with all his resources that kills Reinhard and stops his ressurection/immortality more often than not.
I agree with this! Ainz's FRA! ... Also, kek. Y'know, for a strong guy, Reinhard is starting to get a number of Ls in this site, huh?

ok, i don't read Re:Zero...so coming only from this guy's profile, he wouldn't resist the Durability Negation move that Momonga has. Momonga being prepared i suppose would include him using the guild's staff. So if by any reason the RA doesn't work immediately, our pretty cool Skeleton get damage that's 100% of hitting and not soooo fast to heal, so...

Just a complement here, but basically Momonga FRA

I think this fight went way too fast.

Can someone tell me how Ainz doesn't immediately get atomized or space cut? I've heard "prep" but no real explanation.

I don't see resistance to matter manipulation. And I don't believe his resistance to spatial manipulation would cover Reinhard's.

All Reinhard has to do is draw his sword and cut one time.

I believe he can devise a strategy with all his resources that kills Reinhard and stops his ressurection/immortality more often than not.

Explain how. What does he have that can negate his resurrections/immortality? And how can he stop Reinhard from gaining it back?

Only thing Ainz can do to Van Astra is stand there with his death manipulation aura until he figures out he needs level 4 Despair aura to kill him. And you can be damn sure it'd work on Van Astra as it's not magic nor does he resist death manipulation or madness manipulation.
Even if he kills him with death manipulation he will still come back via immortality.

How would this be a permanent option to kill him? Also he resist mental effects on a level of 200,000 people, which should also cover Madness.

Mental resistance isn't covered by numbers anymore unless numbers is proved to equate to layers in verse. If not, it would still be a baseline resistance to mental stuff.

Reinhard resists Sirius authority, long enough to kill her anyway, it's mind and soul hax, this same thing works on Subaru who already has mind resistance, and in general authorities>magic, so his resistance isn't baseline.

Ainz really is being given prior knowledge, in addition to prep time, just to take out Reinhard, kinda crazy, it's a fun match i guess.

Okay. I was just refuting the point about the numbers=potency thing. I don't really care if his resistance is baseline or not since I don't know jack about either character.

Also in character Reinhard has a bit of CIS where he always initially holds back (unless he knows you are a serious threat to those around), and tries to reason with his opponent, not that he won't defend himself, but still, SBA would usually deal with this, but this match has them IC so....

Assuming Ainz has some way to ko or kill him, in addition to previous knowledge and prep, things would be quite skewed in Ainz's favor.

Last edited:
Giving Ainz prior knowledge and putting them in character seems pretty cheap to me. Like c'mon...

What ways does he have that can KO or kill him, though?

Despair Aura or The Goal of All Life is Death, from what I can tell.
Can these negate his Type 4 and 8 immortality? If not, are they strong enough to destroy his soul? Do they have any other effects that would permanently kill or incap him?

Sure he will die from Instant Death, but OL + Blessing of the Phoenix will bring him right back if his soul isn't destroyed.

I see that "The Goal of All Life is Death" has the ability to negate "ignore any types of resistance to his Instant-Death magic" however I think it would be NLF to assume he can just prevent Reinhard's OL blessings and immortality unless he has feats of negating Type 8.

Ainz can use negate Type 4 from what I'm seeing on the profile, which would also take care of the Type 8 as the being that revives Reinhard wouldn't be able to because the resurrection was negated.

And The Goal of All Life is Death is pretty much that but way better based on the profile, as it also negates whatever resistance he may or may not have to death and even kills non-living things.

NOTE: I may be completely ******* wrong I know jack shit about either character.

Ainz can use negate Type 4 from what I'm seeing on the profile, which would also take care of the Type 8 as the being that revives Reinhard wouldn't be able to because the resurrection was negated.

And The Goal of All Life is Death is pretty much that but way better based on the profile, as it also negates whatever resistance he may or may not have to death and even kills non-living things.

NOTE: I may be completely ******* wrong I know jack shit about either character.
I don't believe that the type 8 would be negated by that. The Type 4 comes from an ability that Od Laguna grants to him.

If you negated his Blessing of the Phoenix (The ability that allows him to resurrect), Od Laguna would just give him another version of the ability to resurrect.

Can The Goal of All Life is Death kill/destroy his soul? That is my main question here. I don't think Ainz has a permanent solution if he can't.

I don't believe that the type 8 would be negated by that. The Type 4 comes from an ability that Od Laguna grants to him.

If you negated his Blessing of the Phoenix (The ability that allows him to resurrect), Od Laguna would just give it back to him and he'd be able to resurrect.
How do you give an ability to somebody that's dead.
Can The Goal of All Life is Death kill/destroy his soul? That is my main question here. I don't think Ainz has a permanent solution if he can't.
Zero idea, chief.

How do you give an ability to somebody that's dead.

It's linked to his soul. If his soul is still there, he can come back through his link to Od Laguna. It'll make him appear again and again.

That's why I'm asking if Ainz can destroy his soul through his death powers.

Well I ain't got no idea if Ainz has any soul destruction abilities, so this probably ain't my debate.

Now that i think about it, even if Ainz has knowledge about all Reinhard's abilities, how useful would that be? Sure he can know exactly what would take Reinhard out, and be ready for him, but Reinhard has superhuman intuition that lets him deal with attacks he is seeing for the first time.

This is why surprise attacks, and ambushes don't work on him, even if he is asleep, the blessing will wake him up, he auto dodges attacks he isn't even aware of, he instinctively knows how to avoid attacks he is seeing for the first time. And then once whatever Ainz had planned is used, it work work next time cause he will just dodge faster.

How do you even plan for this type of nonsense.? Like some sort of massive aoe attack?

Now that i think about it, even if Ainz has knowledge about all Reinhard's abilities, how useful would that be? Sure he can know exactly what would take Reinhard out, and be ready for him, but Reinhard has superhuman intuition that lets him deal with attacks he is seeing for the first time.

This is why surprise attacks, and ambushes don't work on him, even if he is asleep, the blessing will wake him up, he auto dodges attacks he isn't even aware of, he instinctively knows how to avoid attacks he is seeing for the first time. And then once whatever Ainz had planned is used, it work work next time cause he will just dodge faster.

How to do you even plan for this type of nonsense.? Like some sort of massive aoe attack?
I don't believe there is any way he can, outside of a lot of NLF's and speculations, which make this match a bit of a headache to think about. I'd honestly prefer if this match was just SBA, but whatever.

Either way, all Reinhard has to do is swing his sword a single time and the match ends.

If Ainz can't get through his layered resistance to Soul Manipulation before that, Reinhard wins.

Also if Ainz uses The Goal of Death thingy and Reinhard comes back, he can't even use it for another 100 hours. And on the description, it says "the only counter being that one must use either an item or skill that would cause them to be revived before the 12 seconds pass."

Reinhard will use his resurrection ability and will get another resurrection ability if that one is negated, so he will still live past it.

Also just noticed this "Reinhard is tasked to slay the Overlord", in other words Reinhard is on official duty to take Ainz out, he didn't just causally meet him while he is doing something evil, the kingdom, and thus the people demand Ainz dies, this is a whole different mindset for Reinhard to be in, idk if the op thought this far, but this basically gets rid of any CIS issues.

Also pretty sure Ainz would meet the qualifications for Reid to be drawn, since being a warrior of a certain caliber is enough.

But yea Reinhard could very much just swing his sword here, if Ainz has no counters despite prior knowledge and prep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back