• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of stats for Non-legendary Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino_Ranger_Black

VS Battles
Retired
Hello everyone. Before I start this thread, I like to point out that I love Pokemon and been a fan since Gen 1. It's currently Gen 6 now and I still love the series. Anyway, I have been looking at the pages for the non-legendary Pokemon and I believe we should revise the stats. The reason I believe so is because most of the Pokemon are powerscaled from comparison of their base stats and some, or rather alot of them, I believe are off. For example, Greninja(fav. pokemon) is powerscaled to Town Level for having a higher special attack stat than Blastoise but Ampharos has a higher special attack stat than both Pokemon but it is placed in Multi-City Block with Town level being a possibility.

Infact, both Greninja and Ampharos has a higher special attack stat than Tyranitar but are placed in Multi City Block to Town level and yet Charizard was placed in Mountain to Island level for having a higher special attack than Tyranitar. And alot of Pokemon are scaled from Wishcash, a Pokemon that can create an earthquake tremor packing over 400 TNT but there are some Pokemon who are clearly weaker and can not use earthquake such as Serperior. This makes the Pokemon pages inconsistent and misleading.

I believe the Pokemon pages needs revision and should mainly be scaled when it comes to Pokedex description, who they fought, or what feats they have in the anime and/or manga. Base stats should only be used when it's believable that the said Pokemon could pull it off. I would also suggest only powerscaling their base stats for determining their speed but since their are legendaries placed at FTL with lower base speed than non-legendaries, I'm guessing that's out of the question.

Who's idea was it to consider stats as legit. Do these people not realize Mewtwo and Hoopa have greater stats than ARCEUS?

Hell, tyranitar has greater stats than Arceus (no clue if I spelt that right).

The pokedex descriptions are what's to be used. Not base stats....

I 100% agree, funnily enough this thought occured to me sometime today, but Thinking about it and god knows how many pokemon this affects (likely a great deal of them) would take alot of effort to fix and find what their appropriate stats are so I didn't do anything about it yet

Also to anyone else who's knowledgable on pokemon, do we go off of the anime, manga, or the in game pokedex descriptions for canon?

My thoughts would be we take the pokedex entries as the main canon, the manga as the secondary canon and the anime as filler, as essentially it really is just that in my opinion

TheMightyRegulator said:
Who's idea was it to consider stats as legit. Do these people not realize Mewtwo and Hoopa have greater stats than ARCEUS?
Hell, tyranitar has greater stats than Arceus (no clue if I spelt that right).

The pokedex descriptions are what's to be used. Not base stats....
Tyranitar only has a higher attack and defensive stats but I know what you mean. This is why I propose a revision for the non-legendary pokemon since alot of them are scaled from comparison of their base stats.

I believe there should be several keys for each pokemon, without the use of stats.

The first key should be Wild/ Pokedex info

The Second(or third, fourth....) should be a specific trainer's pokemon which should be at least the power of a wild pokemon. This prevents inconsistencies and makes the pages organized.

SomebodyStupid said:
I believe there should be several keys for each pokemon, without the use of stats.

The first key should be Wild/ Pokedex info

The Second(or third, fourth....) should be a specific trainer's pokemon which should be at least the power of a wild pokemon. This prevents inconsistencies and makes the pages organized.
According to the main page, the Pokemon are summarized at their upmost pontential but I don't think base stats were in mind since Charizard's durability was scaled from taking hits from the Hoenn legendaries in the Mega Evolution specials despite having stats that doesn't suggest so.

I could be wrong, I'm really lost on what's happening with these pokemon profiles to be quite honest.. why do we have separate pokemon for certain characters.. uuuuuuggh my head.. if we went through and sorted pokemon out by trainers that would be impossible, I really don't think it should be like that..

^So we up Charizard and a bunch of PKMN to 2-C? PMD is part of the PKMN Multiverse after all...

SomebodyStupid said:
^So we up Charizard and a bunch of PKMN to 2-C? PMD is part of the PKMN Multiverse after all...
I don't think so. I feel like it's a huge outlier considering mutiple legendaries, even Arceus(I swear, this Pokemon have a serious case of being weak due to PIS), was powerless to keep the planet from being hurled into the sun but the starter pokemon in their 1st stage could when even their 2nd evolution stages were powerless.

LordAizenSama said:
I 100% agree, funnily enough this thought occured to me sometime today, but Thinking about it and god knows how many pokemon this affects (likely a great deal of them) would take alot of effort to fix and find what their appropriate stats are so I didn't do anything about it yet

Also to anyone else who's knowledgable on pokemon, do we go off of the anime, manga, or the in game pokedex descriptions for canon?

My thoughts would be we take the pokedex entries as the main canon, the manga as the secondary canon and the anime as filler, as essentially it really is just that in my opinion
If we went by pokedex then pretty sure we'd get a lot of tier 2-C Pokemons and immeasurable speed ones seeing as how Arceus is rated commonly amongst the others...

Pokemon seems to be all over the place when it comes to official power levels, continuities, and who can beat who. It seems to thrive on extreme inconsistencies, Plot Induced Stupidity, and Game Mechanics.

Given how extremely unreliable the series seems to be, and that we would allegedly run the risk of rating lots of unwarranted characters as 2-C based on the Pokedex, perhaps it would be better to strictly go by the characters individual feats, and place the rest of the profiles at unknown ratings, similarly to how we handle Marvel and DC?

"If we went by pokedex then pretty sure we'd get a lot of tier 2-C Pokemons and immeasurable speed ones seeing as how Arceus is rated commonly amongst the others..."

What? how is it rated commonly? read the pokedex descriptions of it.. not the stats if that's what you mean....

Whatever happens, I swear I will lose all hope if Wiscash is placed as high tier just because he has feats.

Antvasima said:
Pokemon seems to be all over the place when it comes to official power levels, inconsistent continuities, and who can beat who. It seems to thrive on extreme inconsistencies, Plot Induced Stupidity, and Game Mechanics.
This is very true. In many, many pieces of Pokemon media, the main characters will overcome a challenge they logically should have been completely unable to handle.

Antvasima said:
Pokemon seems to be all over the place when it comes to official power levels, inconsistent continuities, and who can beat who. It seems to thrive on extreme inconsistencies, Plot Induced Stupidity, and Game Mechanics.
Given how extremely unreliable the series seems to be, and that we would allegedly run the risk of rating lots of unwarranted characters as 2-C based on the Pokedex, perhaps it would be better to strictly go by the characters individual feats, and place the rest of the profiles at unknown ratings, similarly to how we handle Marvel and DC?
This is sad. Pokemon being compared to Marvel and DC, PIS incarnates the both of them. However, I do support this suggestion.

Yeah I agree on that Arceus"s whole movie was just poorly portraying him from having him PIS"D by a meteor to having him being put down by mundane Pokemon when he was stripped of his plates.We even have other non legendary Pokemon nullifying Palkia"s attack which should be universal..

The pokedex is completely ridiculous when it comes to legendary Pokemon not saying that the anime/manga or movies are any better we should just scale Pokemon off what we know and that actually makes sense given that the series is PIS filled.

LordAizenSama said:
"If we went by pokedex then pretty sure we'd get a lot of tier 2-C Pokemons and immeasurable speed ones seeing as how Arceus is rated commonly amongst the others..."

What? how is it rated commonly? read the pokedex descriptions of it.. not the stats if that's what you mean....
I thought you meant the stats my bad then.

I really just look at this problem and cannot find a good solution to this. as for finding feats for all the profiles we have right now would be tedious and probably wouldn't result in much.

and again, what are we using as the main and secondary canon here? and filler? We got 3 different versions of it in the manga/anime/games

anyway would have to go with what ant said.

I think somebody mentioned that they created and rule over several universes.

Antvasima said:
I think somebody mentioned that they created and rule over several universes.
They created an unknown amount of universes (the bare minimum is five, but there's more evidence for it being in the dozens, at least), though we don't know if they did it all at once or one at a time, hence the "at least".

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
They created an unknown amount of universes (the bare minimum is five, but there's more evidence for it being in the dozens, at least), though we don't know if they did it all at once or one at a time, hence the "at least".
I see. Are you referring to the universes we were shown at the ending arceus and the jewel of life.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I see. Are you referring to the universes we were shown at the ending arceus and the jewel of life.
  • Material universe 1 (ORAS)
  • Material universe 2 (R/S/E)
  • Realm of Space
  • Realm of Time
  • Antimatter Universe
Though ORAS hints at there being many alternate timelines and a lot of other spin-off games being actual universes because of that.

That explains Dialga and Palkia but what about Giratina? He only created the Distortion World....(Also, I'm assuming material Universe 2 is the main canon of the Pokemon games.)

This is quite fascinating though.

....This still doesn't explain anything given that by combining their powers over space and time to create a space-time continuum is how they do it even in the manga and anime or Pokemon myth...

Also giratina is stronger than both of them if you watched the jewel of life movie you'd know

Giratina is not stronger than both Palkia and Dialga. He's the strongest of the three, but he's still supposed to be comparable, not overwhelmingly superior.

In the jewel of life movie I recall the creation trio along with Arceus being represented as spheres Arceus was huge and bigger than the other 3 while Giratina was the second biggest and the other 2 equally as big I believe.Plus it's shown to be more powerful than both in platinum though not overwhelmingly superior however yes.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
....This still doesn't explain anything given that by combining their powers over space and time to create a space-time continuum is how they do it even in the manga and anime or Pokemon myth...
Also giratina is stronger than both of them if you watched the jewel of life movie you'd know
First, no Giratina isn't. He's pretty much equal.

TT2Kpzl
Also the two of the 5 Universes shown in Arceus and the Jewel of Life are Dialga's and Palkia's dimensions.

First, no Giratina isn't. He's pretty much equal.

TT2Kpzl
Also the two of the 5 Universes shown in Arceus and the Jewel of Life are Dialga's and Palkia's dimensions.

It's an assumption dialga and palkia are comparable to giratina but they are a bit inferior it's been proven I'll get some pics later if you want.

And secondly again what does this prove?

The Hall of origin belongs to Arceus he created it.

The anti matter realm was created by Giratina.

The universe was created by dialga and palkias combined power.

The temporal realm and spatial realm are dimensions created by palkia and dialga.

By combining time and space power did they create the other universe also unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back