• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of stats for Non-legendary Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember them tearing apart time and space in the town they fought in, and Darkrai got in the middle to stop them. My memory of it isn't perfect and they might've been lacking their orb items.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
No Darkrai uses hax so I didn't power scale from them besides speed and he was clearly shown inferior to them
Can you link the fight? I was pretty sure Darkrai was around their level in speed, but my memory is hazy.

Iustitia Prime said:
I remember them tearing apart time and space in the town they fought in, and Darkrai got in the middle to stop them. My memory of it isn't perfect and they might've been lacking their orb items.
This is what i remember too.

Can you link the fight? I was pretty sure Darkrai was around their level in speed, but my memory is hazy.

Linked in Darkrai"s page

I think we should still use stats for the non-legendary scaling it would help gauge where the pokemon are at least. Since they're one of the only information we have to go off of, that and the pokedex entries. The official pokemon stats are not really considered "game mechanics" the actual mechanic of any pokemon being able to defeat anything else would fall into that category. The only problem I see is scaling off of arceus but I don't think we should be doing that since he's a legendary and would be an outlier in that regard since his stats mostly come from his hax it'd be easier to to compare stats of non-legendaries since they won't yield outrageous results & compare pseudo-legendaries towards eachother like on the obd I mean the Games are the primary canon in the pokemon series and the anime is only secondary.

Nibbler3100 said:
I think we should still use stats for the non-legendary scaling it would help gauge where the pokemon are at least. Since they're one of the only information we have to go off of, that and the pokedex entries. The official pokemon stats are not really considered "game mechanics" the actual mechanic of any pokemon being able to defeat anything else would fall into that category. The only problem I see is scaling off of arceus but I don't think we should be doing that since he's a legendary and would be an outlier in that regard since his stats mostly come from his hax it'd be easier to to compare stats of non-legendaries since they won't yield outrageous results & compare pseudo-legendaries towards eachother like on the obd I mean the Games are the primary canon in the pokemon series and the anime is only secondary.
This exactly.

I disagree with the stats being game mechanics. They actually are to create a balanced, competitve gameplay for player vs player.

I think we should use the Pokedex entries as primary canon, then anime and manga. I think we could use the stats within reason - provided it fits within our system.

Arecus, as a creator, is much stronger than any other Pokemon - PIS included.

@Chill, do you mind creating a page for Kyruem (the ice dragon pokemon legendary)? He should be around country level via permafrost.

Again, the statistics, continuity, and relative power scaling seems to be all over the place for Pokemon, and we cannot use Pokedex statistics, as they would too heavily contradict their explicit feats and cause lots of unwarranted Pokemon to get 2-C ratings. This topic has already been settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back