• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of stats for Non-legendary Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken, the temporal and spatial dimensions are not interrelated to the Pokemon Universe at all and appear to be their own separate Universes.

So, given the extreme inconsistencies, should we go the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics route, and strictly go by individual feats, and possibly via power-scaling the degree of power shown by a character within a certain story, if another character is shown to mstch or exceed it within the same story?

I think you can scale pokemon to pokemon who have feats.

In Pokemon the Anime, it states that any pokemon with an atk (or special atk) of over 100 is considered a "city" (or town) destroyer with attacks. I don't know if i can find the quote, but i'll certainly try.

Antvasima said:
So, given the extreme inconsistencies, should we go the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics route, and strictly go by individual feats, and possibly via power-scaling the degree of power shown by a character within a certain story, if another character is shown to mstch or exceed it within the same story?
To be honest pokemon is more inconsistent then marvel and DC. And they don't care because it's a kids show/game

When the profiles were first being created, I noted that they used stat scaling, but I let it slide since I thought it was being used conservatively.

Later profiles started applying it more liberally, and by then, we had 10-20 profiles made, so bringing up the issue would result in 10-20 profiles having the old "Unknown" cop-out slapped on them, at which point we might as well just delete them since aside from Pokedex, only the more notable and popular Pokemon out of 700+ could be expected to get any actual feats in any media, most of those being legendaries.

So if we go through with this, I'd advocate just deleting the profiles of 'Mons with no feats other than base stat scaling, perhaps restoring them later if they eventually get a feat or two in one of the franchise's many media formats.

100% agreed with Unclechairman. The only non-Legendary Pokemon with feats that I can recall (Other than the big ones like Pikachu and Charizard) are Gigalith and Mega Abomasnow.

There's also Tyranitar and Machamp, who have good DC and strength feats. Dragonite also has a semi-decent speed feat, although discerning his DC is another matter (you could compare his DC to other pseudo-legendaries like Tyranitar, but this doesn't hold much ground as pseudo-legendary is a fan-made category and the Pokemon which comprise it are only tangentially related).

Ampharos also has a good DC feat. I'll look through the profiles and see just who needs to be deleted (Note that good speed feats won't be enough, it has to be DC).

Unclechairman said:
There's also Tyranitar and Machamp, who have good DC and strength feats. Dragonite also has a semi-decent speed feat, although discerning his DC is another matter (you could compare his DC to other pseudo-legendaries like Tyranitar, but this doesn't hold much ground as pseudo-legendary is a fan-made category and the Pokemon which comprise it are only tangentially related).
Well, I did suggested earlier that we can used stats to compare the pokemon among each other only if they are logically able to to pull it off or match the pokemon. I don't think it's a stretch to compare psuedo legendaries among each other.

So, is anybody else willing to help out by placing all Pokemon at the power levels warranted by their feats?

I think we should start most of the non-legendary profiles over like how we did with Marvel and we have more accurate readings are their power just by going a little each way at a time

Antvasima said:
So, is anybody else willing to help out by placing all Pokemon at the power levels warranted by their feats?
Since most of us agree, I wish to start on the pages featuring my favorite Pokemon which are Greninja, Infernape, Aerodactly, and Venusaur using only feats and Pokedex entries. Is that okay?

No Pokedex entries allowed is what we were talking about, as thst would scale lots of Pokemon unreasonably high. Individual feats only. Maybe I will have to do it myself again.

Placing them all at unknown, and then slowly go through and do them one at a time is probably best. Considering the anime is like what, 800 episodes long.. and the manga is something similiar. so that is alot of work

EDIT: wow, it actually hit 900 episodes recently

Antvasima said:
No Pokedex entries allowed is what we were talking about, as thst would scale lots of Pokemon unreasonably high. Individual feats only. Maybe I will have to do it myself again.
No Pokedex entries? Ok then.....

LordAizenSama said:
Placing them all at unknown, and then slowly go through and do them one at a time is probably best. Considering the anime is like what, 800 episodes long.. and the manga is something similiar. so that is alot of work
EDIT: wow, it actually hit 900 episodes recently
Don't worry, Bulbapedia and Serebii actually labels the major appearance of each pokemon in the anime, making it somewaht easier to look for individual feats.

Antvasima said:
By pokedex entries I think he meant via descriptions like Hydreigon destroys cities in its rampages and Regigigas tows continents.

^that is what I meant about helping to gauge their power levels via the pokedex, I think that's ok if we ignore the stat parts?

That would probably be okay. It is the comparative statistics that seem unreliable.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Besides the Pokemon mystery dungeon charizard thing mega charizard has kept up with some decent legendary Pokemon who are high quadruple digits Mach -https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AgCQSf4bVrYAlso beat base mewtwo -https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i0purbwzs4U
Though he is already Large mountain/small island so this isn't an upgrade not sure if it's for the right reason.
Charizard is labelled mountain level in his profile for the wrong reasons, which is being powerscaled from Tyranitar's base stats. It should be taken out. Ask for the feat with Primal Groudon, I'm not too sure wether everyone's ok with it.....

Antvasima said:
That would probably be okay. It is the comparative statistics that seem unreliable.
Does this mean Tyranitar keeps its Mountain level stats since the Pokedex said it's destroys mountain and causes maps to be redrawn? I just want to make sure...

It depends on how large a mountain it is. A small mountain usually only qualifies as town level. And it also depends on whether it candestroy them in one blow or several. On second thought we probably usually need calculations for feats to gauge them, unless the Pokedex is very specific.

^it's not very specific, iirc it just says like "can destroy mountains, requiring maps to be redrawn" or something to that effect

you can look here for the tyranitar pokedex quotes, in most cases when the pokedex has feats involved they are like this, normally quite vague

Okay. It sounds like we should avoid the Pokedex entirely then.

Antvasima said:
I wouldn't say that. Just to avoid overly vague statements, as there are some statements in the pokedex that are presented as 100% fact.

All right. Only very specific statements then.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Antvasima said:
I wouldn't say that. Just to avoid overly vague statements, as there are some statements in the pokedex that are presented as 100% fact.
quite afew of them are next to worthless though.. like a dodrio that runs 40MPH, and a Arcanine that runs 258MPH. there must be better feats then this surely

and some just downright don't make sense aswell. when I think about it, magcargo burns at 18,000F according to the pokedex, yet this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back