• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Original Thread

Basically, after long discussion, it turns out we need to do a full on massive revision of everything in the MCU. Here are the 2 changes.

1. 7-A+ Will be downgraded to High 7-C due to the fact the reason we got 7-A+ was an amped attack which is combat inapplicable with the closes feats we got would be in the High 7-C to 7-B range

2. The second is we are in current debate of if the MCU Cast should stay in tier 6. We are going through every feat that reached tier 6. If not, they will be downgraded to 7-B at minimum. The current tier 6 feats are:

Thor destroys the Neutron Star

Iron Man tanking the meteor

Thanos crushing the tesseract

Thano's ship blowing things up

Hela crushes Mjolnir

Captain Marvel destroying Thano's ship

Iron man is hit by a meteorite- This feat was actually copied from naruto forums and going over the scene we never get a clear view of iron man on a meteorite, thus we can't pixel scale. I've paused the scene repeatedly, went frame by frame and used color compare tool, there is no sign of ironman on any of the the meteorite's post zoom out.

Now this is a problem as it means we can't find the size of the falling meteorites, further the calc assumes all the meteorites are the same size this is not the case.. (The calc has some other serious problems as well, such as assuming the moon on an alien planet is the same size as our own...Because reasons) Even the person who brought the calc over agreed it was off.

when did thor destroy a nuetron star? He tanked the laser.... Which brings me to this, Nivadellir is older then the hammer by an unkown margin so the assumed heat of the star is wrong as we established above, unless the hammer was forged a few years after the stars formation (improbable considering a forge had to be structured around the star first, and nuetron stars cool rapidly after formation) Assuming the average temperture of nuetron stars we get city level plus rating from the ray produced by the star irrc

So basically it has similar problems to thors own nivadellir feat, the star is old (And considering the star can melt the metal even after 6500 years its safe to assume it was well past a few years old when it created the hammer) the star that forged the hammer is the same star that created stormbreaker, the star is at least six mellenia old going solely off thors hammer, the star clearly hasn't changed temperature much between the crafting of the hammer and storm breaker.

Now you could argue the star is still hot, or we could use the answer that makes sense the star is older then the hammer by a large enough margin to have already significantly cooled by the time it was used especially as they had to build the forge around the star before crafting the hammer. With that in mind its safe to assume the hammer wasn't made a few years after the stars formation thus we can't use the original calc cause it uses a far to high heat. So the neutron star feat and all the feats related to it have inflated numbers, using the average temp of all neutron stars gives us city level plus iirc.

The start turning on and off is meaningless, it has no real world equivalent and the heat it releases was never measured so it's a just a meaningless feature of a star that barley acts like a star i the first place.

I was making a thread, so imma copy it's text here...

Cutting it short, we went through the feats and almost we had problems. This thread would be about what to scale them to.

Sokovia feat: The calc about Thor destroying Sokovia doesn't hold up because it is plain stated in the movie that on his own he would only fragment the thing, and that he only got that much power by heating up vibranium to keep the atomic reaction doubling back.

Tony: Spire is vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it... F.R.I.D.A.Y: It will crack. That's not enough. The impact would still be devastating. Tony: Maybe if we can cap the other end. Keep the atomic action doubling back. F.R.I.D.A.Y: That could vaporize the city. And everyone on it.

Ignoring the SCIENCE! out of this, it's obvious that the feat isn't scalable to base Thor plain out. Even then, the calc assumes a wrong depth (we have a statement for 2380 feet).

So, what do we scale them to?

The storms Thor makes before IW are also visibly smaller than the horizon and don't fit our current storm standards, and they still would not fit Low 7-B standard storm calc. If someone can get their radius, they could probably yield 7-C~High 7-C tough.

It is still stated that his hit would crack Sokovia. While the volume would need to be recalced, it should still be about Low 7-C~7-C in range for Fragmentation.

Thor tanking the Sokovia Blast, regardless of it being amped, should still yield a High 7-C. This is due to the fact that the released energy was spread out over all of the vibranium spine, which is 2380 feet deep and about a meter wide. That too would need a proper calc tho.

The energy blast Thor creates when hitting Captain America's shield is written to have ripped out every tree in a mile radius, which should be about Low 7-C from a quick calc I made. I'll make a blog for it... eventually.

Sorry got over excited lets focus on the new teiring for base characters first.

As for hulk staggering surtur, without knoledge on how much mass sutur has its hard to judge how strong hulks punch is.

I think they will be High 7-C, plenty of feats support this, although revan laha has a scan of thor destroying a massive area of rock which can yield higher.

@Pen

Movie definitely trumps the script. It's normal for directors to do things differently from what the script says

The pen or the sword said:
Sorry got over excited lets focus on the new teiring for base characters first.
As for hulk staggering surtur, without knoledge on how much mass sutur has its hard to judge how strong hulks punch is.
We can try to make a mass calc

InfiniteSped said:
@Pen

Movie definitely trumps the script. It's normal for directors to do things differently from what the script says
Just checked the actual scene and you're right. A bunch of trees do get taken down, but definitely not in a mile radius, as there are still lots of trees completely fine behind Thor

Can anyone do a calc of Prime Surtur swinging his sword? We already know that he is 4000 meters tall and his sword is shown to be half of his size so around 2000 meters and he was able to swing the sword faster than Hela could react, the same Hela who's combat and reaction speed is Massively Hypersonic. Cuz I feel like this can be used to find the stats for Prime Surtur and Prime Odin.

Regarding the meteor feat, when Thanos destroys the moon's surface, if you check the colors used in the scene, you'll notice that he used the power gem (purple) and then the space gem (blue), though the space gem is no longer being used when the meteorites hit the planet, so I always assumed that he used the gem to teleport them closer, though I could be wrong. That would also mean that the KE from the meteors is not as big as we previously thought

Anyway, I guess that would make sense, since the meteors are clearly not causing 6-C damage to the scenario

The pen or the sword said:
Iron man is hit by a meteorite- This feat was actually copied from naruto forums and going over the scene we never get a clear view of iron man on a meteorite, thus we can't pixel scale. I've paused the scene repeatedly, went frame by frame and used color compare tool, there is no sign of ironman on any of the the meteorite's post zoom out.
Now this is a problem as it means we can't find the size of the falling meteorites, further the calc assumes all the meteorites are the same size this is not the case.. (The calc has some other serious problems as well, such as assuming the moon on an alien planet is the same size as our own...Because reasons) Even the person who brought the calc over agreed it was off.
I know we're focusing on tier seven but the meteor calc is horrendously flawed probably because it was copy pasted from a very poor naruto forums calc. I don't know if pixel scaling is even possible for the scene but if it is it needs to be redone,

RanaProGamer said:
Can anyone do a calc of Prime Surtur swinging his sword? We already know that he is 4000 meters tall and his sword is shown to be half of his size so around 2000 meters and he was able to swing the sword faster than Hela could react, the same Hela who's combat and reaction speed is Massively Hypersonic. Cuz I feel like this can be used to find the stats for Prime Surtur and Prime Odin.
Pretty sure thats considered calc stacking, we cant use one characters reaction speed to get the speed of another characters feat. A tokyo ghoul upgrade was denied for using the same logic.

I have seen more sound logic be considered calc stacking so we definitely aint doing that. KE for the sword would still be fine to calc tbh. Probably wont give anything decent but may as well just in case ...... after every other calc that is. Jesus this CRT butchered MCU tierings.

How do we find the speed for the sword though? we can't base it off surpising hela so I guess we'd have to go with the amount of time it takes for the sword to move onscreen. Probably won't be that impressive but still worth doing.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Could just give a bunch of ends based off of each swing he has .... or just that stab on Hela. Shit crossed a km or 2 in a second or so and would have a good bit of mass. Not good at guessing results but expecting 8-A myself.

We need to message not just the knowledgables on the MCU, We also need to contact all the calc members since this thread will be about calcing everything in the MCU

Pretty sure a 2000 meter sword made of... magma should be fair to assume, would elict really high results.

Assuming the sword's shape is similar to a longsword, and that it's made out of an obsidian like material, the sword would weight 2.96721796e9 kilograms.

The above was calculated by:

Taking the lenght of a normal longsword (110 cm) and assuming Surtur's sword is half as big as him (2000 meters). I divide the two, and then cube them (2000m/110cm^3).

After this I take the weight of a longsword (1.5 kg). Then, I check the weight of obsidian and the weight of steel and divide them by one another (2600kg/7900kg). Then, I just put the info together:

(2000m/110cm)^3x(1.5x(2600kg/7900kg)=2.96721796e9

A half circle swing would require him to move 6283.185 meters with the sword, this being in two seconds is 1570.79625 m/s.

0.5*2.96721796e9*1570.79625^2=3.66065807e15 Joules... High 7-C.

What is this, consistency?!?

Yeah, just watched the scene in slow motion, apparently Hela gets completely destroyed when the sword hits her, so she dies even before the High 6-C explosion.

Surtur should be at least 7-B just by that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back