• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I won't argue futher, Im not comfortable with it and Im pretty sure there were a few other scenes where the missiles blast was smaller but if no one else has an issue with it Ill let it drop.

@I'm Blue Again, it's not just based on one-shotting. Also, it varies from series to series, one-shotting is more a term used for versus matches than scaling.

If thanos wasn't close to CM in power and durability. He would die to her punch. But he doesn't, he gets staggered and manages to throw her away for a short while

Yeah, every series has vastly different ideas on how much energy is needed to oneshot weaker characters, sometimes twice as strong is enough, in others being thousands of times stronger doesn't allow for one shots (Though that does ignore those cases where the superior opponent toys with the weaker one)

Thanos never hurts marvel and is shown to be below her by a significant margin, thus we can't scale anything between the two other then saying captain marvel is above him. We can't scale thanos ap/dura below marvel just because he survived a punch from a notoriously arrogant opponent.

These downgrades are kind of good, honestly, because then there won't be as much complaints about the massive gaps between characters like Loki, Thor and Iron Man, or regular Thor and Hela

This is kind of hypocritical, though, considering I argued for High 6-C Captain Marvel.

K should probably link these past two threads in the op.

Hey! My favorite characters in teir seven and he already stomped a majority of the mcu...Though he's like brokenly hax...He could be tier 10 c and all his matches would still be valid...

ByAsura said:
These downgrades are kind of good, honestly, because then there won't be as much complaints about the massive gaps between characters like Loki, Thor and Iron Man, or regular Thor and Hela
This is kind of hypocritical, though, considering I argued for High 6-C Captain Marvel.
Don't worry When I finally get the will to force myself through the movie again Im coming back for her! (Considering how bad that movie was, and how much I hate her character...You got time)

Eh be glad she's the most powerful in verse, if we could scale thanos to her it would make her high 6c feat a major outlier. While my argument against her isn't strong enough to throw the feat out on it's own if it was also an outlier it would likely be more then enough of a reason to throw out the feat altogether.

Just gonna say that everyone back would back scale to Carol, she is comparable to Thanos, but not superior by a notable margin.

If thats the case the high 6c feat is an outlier as nothing else in verse comes close to that feat (Even the destruction of asgard is below it and that killed sutur. The explosion wasn't something he could do under his own power. It could only be done by cracking the crystalline core of asgard) and the missiles explosions vary in size between some scenes, lending some doubt to the amount of energy she tanked.

Further when does she directly tank one of their explosions? She threw back a missile and blasted some others but I don't remember her being caught point blank in one of their explosions (Beyond her flying through the smoke post detonation)

Should I close this?

@Pen She flies through the chain reaction and tanks one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back