• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What object specifically that we know the size for? I tried using Hulk once, and I got around 300 feet...

Even the most high-balled results probably wouldn't exceed 100 metres by much.

Hellbeast1 said:
Isn't Surtur being hurt by Hulk an massive outlier
well he didn't actually harm sutur, he just staggered him, he couldn't even scratch sutur when he was wailing on him, I think we're just trying to get the energy needed to move the weight of sutur.

The pen or the sword said:
Hellbeast1 said:
Isn't Surtur being hurt by Hulk an massive outlier
well he didn't actually harm sutur, he just staggered him, he couldn't even scratch sutur when he was wailing on him, I think we're just trying to get the energy needed to move the weight of sutur.
Yep, basically the enrgy needed to stagger surtur the distance he did

ByAsura said:
Even the most high-balled results probably wouldn't exceed 100 metres by much.
For surtur or hulk

Edit: Got it.

I doubt it a bit, he was far bigger than the asgardian palace and as tall as the mountains of asgard, which seem far higher than 300 feet

I just said Surtur.

Edit: Ok. He seems to vary in height by a lot. Maybe later he's that tall later into the film, but not when the Hulk attacks him, the film makers say as much.

He only grows taller than hulk right before he blows up asgard.

We can lowball this at 800 meters to make it simple and short, or we can pixel scale him at 2:11 on the clip if we want to be as precise as possible

So he's an unqauntifiable height when hit by hulk and pixel scaling gives us 300 feet when he's hit by hulk, even going with 800 meters we still only get 7c....

By the way, the Captain Marvel calc is somewhat wrong. I used diameter instead of radius, so it's only Large Island level.

@I'm Blue He's already taller than Hulk. Do you just mean taller? Anyway, they just say he's about 4,000 m when he destroys Asgard, that doesn't mean he's not progressively growing.

Well, I think they mean 4KM when he is right about to blows asgard up, So from the looks of it, we do mass at 800m and some other stuff and according to Dino W. that is 7-C

By the way, since virtually every tier 6 feat in the MCU has been rejected due to calculation problems (the neutron star feat had a problem due to the fact it couldn't output the whole energy into the beam while it wasn't the whole star). That would technically be an outlier in our Fresh Weak MCU system

ByAsura said:
By the way, the Captain Marvel calc is somewhat wrong. I used diameter instead of radius, so it's only Large Island level.
@I'm Blue He's already taller than Hulk. Do you just mean taller? Anyway, they just say he's about 4,000 m when he destroys Asgard, that doesn't mean he's not progressively growing.
which captain marvel calc?

We discussed this previously those expolosions aren't the same size as the ones she fly throughs nor the same size as the explosions caused when she threw back a kree missile, heck their chain reaction is far smaller then the blast in that scene.

She never tanks those explosions..

She does tank explosions near the end of the movie. It's the same type of missile.

We never see the explosion afterwards, so this is completely wrong. The explosions being smaller when Captain Marvel gets hit at the end of the movie is probably just budget and because it was from a high altitude or in space.

Captain Marvel doesn't really scale to anyone, though. She's purported to be the most powerful hero and easily stomps Thanos without the Power Stone.

What would Surtur be made out of? If we do not know, then we cannot adequetly calc him being staggered.

We see her throw back a missile it's explosion is miscule compared to the ones in that scene, she never flies through an explosion the size of those that hit the planent. These explosions sure seem a lot smaller....

TheMissile
The first missile

YeetTheBomb
She yeets it back at the others

Exploooosion
It explodes (on it's own), causing a chain reaction and exploding them all.

ChainPlothole
...which causes a chain reaction, making them all explode (and it's not one explosion. They all, individually detonate)

Fair point about her not scaling to anyone Im just pointing out Im not fully sold on her rating either...

Again, it's probably just budget or PIS. Those missiles were also explicitly powerful enough to bypass any defence, the Kree say so themselves. Plus, in a later seen you can see that explosion from space

More Kree Missiles

Average height of a human male is 1.71 meters. Surtur is 800 meters tall. Density of magma is 2.65 to 2.85 g/cc

Square cube law

(800m/1.71m)^3=102395678.902

Average volume of a human is 62000 cm^3

Low-End

102395678.902*62000cm^3*2.65g/cm^3/1000=16823610 kilograms

High-End

102395678.902*62000cm^3*2.85g/cm^3/1000=18093316.5 kilograms

I get your point but the missiles seem to vary wildly through out the film Im not comfortable scaling captain marvel to explosives that vary so widely, rather wouldn't it be better to simply scale her massivly above the next highest teir inverse?

@Pen Again, you still can see them from space. It doesn't vary wildly.

@Blue She just scales above the heroes. Anyway, you can have both.

Umm but we see them being far smaller in a few scenes (Theres another one where she's blasting them and flying through the wreckage iirc) and while we see them from space in others they're unknown hieght (unless we assume captain marvel let them hit the ground...Which doesn't seem likely to me. they are clearly going off at far higher altitudes then the ones that impacted the planent)and don't appear as large as they do when they're blasting the planent, I call that some pretty wild variance...

I can't understand this first point because it's too jumbled, sorry. They're still being fired from space, it doesn't matter that the missiles are being fired from a different altitude. One variance, and that's contradicted right after.

So it will be

High 7-C for the AoU fellows like base hulk and thor. 7-B for the top tiers.

Man the MCU feels like a joke now??? Why is it only eastern media that is really powerful while the western movie stuff is weak as hell

No theres another scene where she blast them mid air and she flies through the wreakage of the missiles and it's not very impressive. As for seeing them from space? theyre at an unkown hieght unless we assume captain marvel let them hit the ground...Which doesn't seem likely to me. This means the size of the blast should be far larger if they match the ones we see impacting the planets.

Yes that will be the new rating, we're just talking about captain marvel, the top tier.

Watch the movie, they're clearly not incredibly high up. Even being a few hundred kilometres above the ground would still get far higher results than anything you're suggesting.

Captain Marvel Missiles
We see the entire planet in this scene. It's just perspective that makes the explosions smaller.

Not the aliens captain marvel is hitting them before they can hit the ground. Look if others are fine with it Ill move on I just don't like the idea of scaling captain marvel to something that seems to vary.

Oh and by the way, if she is tier 6 then why couldn't she kill thanos when she punched him. If she is tier 6 thanos would have been oneshotted

I know you'll go on about how she overpowered thanos, but when thanos got hit by her he didn't get one shotted

Pis most likely, she dominates him very handily and has a cocky attitude.... We don't use oneshotting for things outside vs debating, every sereis has a diffrent idea of how big a gap their needs to be to oneshot a character.

@Pen I was talking about CM and the missiles.

@Blue The wiki is based on energy, not one-shotting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back