• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to ToonForce for Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKM sama said:
Explosion Manipulation, Weather Manipulation and Sound Manipulation are fine.
Dark has already taken care of these points.

@Quantu

My intention was not to direct the counter-arguments on you. I was just trying to address those points. Sorry.

Resistance to Toon Force / Reality Warping. It was controversial in the last thread.

Okay. Perhaps SomebodyData can add it while linking to this thread in the edit notes box then?

-One little fix I would add to the abilities that were already added would be to put "(via god of destruction roar)" next to sound manipulation.

-We need to add passive paralysis for whis/the other angels, and teleportation for zeno.

-The remaining abilities which were agreed upon for beerus were wind manipulation, and resistance to toonforce. But there is a few that were never really discussed like energy absorption, eletricity manipulation, fire manipulation, and my additional points for light manpulation.

About Whis, I don't think it was paralysis. Just refer to the statements.

"What? It's like a ki without ki! It won't let me get near him! I can't attack!"

"Whis! What the hell are you! There is no way you're simply Beerus' servant!"

Vegeta also did not look paralysed.

About Zeno, it should be noted that the teleportation is only through Zeno button.

About Beerus' wind manipulation. Wouldn't the second reason of creating a storm/tornado be a side effect of weather manipulation only. In that case it would be redundant to add it. Also the third reason is for Breath Attack, which Ant said, is reserved to forced blasts from the mouth rather than huge lung capacity.

-It looks like paralysis to me, sense whis is making it so vegeta cant move/ attack.

- I think it should be likely teleportation, and just note that he gave teleportation priorities to a button.

-Didnt you agree with the 2nd and 3rd point earlier lol. But anyways creating a tornado would be apart of wind manipulation, the high winds he formed aswell. So I dont think it would be redundant to add sense not everyone with weather manpulation creates tornados,ect.

For the other points you mentioned:

- Energy Absorption: I don't think absorbing own energy really counts as energy absorption. Not sure how to treat the energy dragon things lol.

- Electricity Manipulation: I don't think it is given for those minor electical effects, otherwise super saiyan forms would also have it because they generate electicity. Not sure on this too.

- Fire Manipulation: Link is broken for setting up Bulma's room on fire. And the caveman's fire is attack reflection which is already on his page.

- Light manipulation: it is a property of ki to generate light, not everyone gets this ability for this reason. Also, the energy ball feat is not something Beerus did on his own. It was because of the combined energy ball. Not sure how to treat the "Beerus turning the environment red" feat. It could also be an artistic choice.

I am also doubtful about the other abilities.

1. Fair enough

2. Its not just for that though. Like I mentioned he created lightning, and ionic storm. Which are both on the page for eletricity manpulation

3. Doing one action dosent have to result to one ability. Like in this case he most likely using energy manpulation, and if he manipulating fire then that kind of means he has fire manpulation lol. https://youtu.be/rsy1oZ9wEBQ heres the link for the broken one.

4. They still generated light to kai realm even if was with their ki. Plus turning the enviorment red and that hakai changing the color of the void are all elements youll find on the light manpulation page. So at the very least I think he should get color manpulation. Even ant was fine with this iirc.

3. According to his page, it was attack reflection by his ki(energy manipulation). Also the new link for fire manipulation is the same as Explosion Manipulation. Beerus did not manipulate fire, he just created an explosion.

I still don't think that Vegeta was paralysed. I think he was just intimidated.

I will let the staff members decide on the other points as I already said my piece.

16 and 17) No. Like, no. Electricity =/= sparks.

Sending a fireball back at the user isnt Telekinesis + Attack Reflection + Fire Manipulation. Is the first or the second.

Thunderstom =/= weather manipulation + electricity manipulation (I guess you missed water manipulation?)

10 and 14 are wrong too.

13 is... nothing. Energy manipulation.

5 is a no-no unless everyone else is given power bestowal because giving energy to others is a basic thing in dragon ball (goku and krillin vs vegeta?)

@dark Yeah, but zeno still created a button which can teleport him around. But we have never seen zeno teleport so its more on the speculative side ig. So fair enough.

@akm - After rewatching it I have to agree. Idk what I was thinking when I put that point down lol.

- Fear manipulation then ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬» lol. But if he tried to attack and couldnt move because of whis, then its one of the 2.

@pachi

- I noted that it proably wasn't telekinesis, and most likely was energy manipulation, because his attack reflection is just apart of his energy manipulation. But after rewatching one of my points I have to agree he dosent have it.

- True, im going to add water manipulation in ;). But in all seriousness, I must of looked at the page wrong because I sware it said creating thunder storms was apart of it so my bad lol.

-10/14 are more on the speculative side. I would say zeno having teleportion is more likely. Sense he gave that attribute to a button.

-For 13 I put that down because as the page says "Breath attacks are abilities or moves that are projected as breath from the character's mouth". That was pretty much what happened. But if this isnt added then its not that big of a deal.

-I only noted power bestowal because it was on sidra's page.

So we can cut off fire manipulation and eletricity manipulation.

But I still think he has wind manipulation, and light manipulation.

- Creating tornados/ highwinds is on the air manipulation page. Plus others like buu. Who cant do as much as beerus still have it.

- Then with light manipulation people like grand priest have it for doing something similar to toppo who changed the color of the wov. Then we see him have light go into anther dimension, even if goku was there too. Plus changing the color of the enviorment to red.

I think that AKM seems to make sense. We should probably just add resistance to toon force, and then close this thread. It is turning into too much of a neverending circular pointless timewaster.

The most important point was accepted, everything else was mostly minor additions. So If you want to close the thread then I dont really mind.

If you are insisting on it, we can just add the wind part in a parenthesis beside Weather Manipulation (Can also create strong winds). That will take care of it.

Other than that I agree with Ant. This thread is going on for a long time now. The addition should be made and thread be closed.

@Akm Sounds good but I would put (can also create strong winds/tornados)

@pachi Alot of people agreed with it.

Perhaps somebody should ask Matthew to give input about the resistance to toon force first? I think that he was against it.

I'm mostly neutral on whether or not it gets accepted. I just believe our current reasoning for it is lackluster.

I thought we settled on likely resistance to toonforce because of him disagreeing though. Lol

Beerus shouldn't have Resistance to Toonforce. This is ridiculous. He just defeated Arale through overwhelming superior force. This assumption that Arale's toonforce is this unbeatable power that nobody who doesn't have a "Resistance" to it can't counter is frankly absurd.

Arale's Toonforce is treated as unbeatable to the characters. Which is why she could demolish 3-A characters despite being supposed to be far weaker. Even Vegeta complained about it. Beerus is the first character to ever show any sort of resistance to it, and everyone said her gag manga stuff wouldn't work on him.

^^^

Plus she abilities which are not just physical base. So if beerus wasn't resistant then arale could of easily abused that, but she didnt.

What do you think Matthew? The evidence seems pretty explicit.

I tend to agree with Matt. She wasn't using Toon Force in that context, she was just trying to get Beerus to be a part of her shenanigans, which is something that as a god, he has no interest in.

It's not that Arale is weaker but can defeat SSB because she's a joke character. She's a joke character and thus she's strong enough to be SSB. But Beerus is even stronger.

That's what I got from the episode.

I agree with Matthew, if she wasn't shown using her toonforce on him he shouldn't get a resistance to it. It's entirely possible that she did but I dislike assuming that she actually did without a sufficient amount of evidence. This just seems too vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back