• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to ToonForce for Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he was outright stated to have resistance to Arale's toonforce by everyone in the episode. We shouldn't ignore that.

I only told what i heard about that thread, i'm neutral about the abilities.

I'm addressing the thread as a whole, not just Kep.

One, Arale never used anything on Beerus, so already we're dealing with nothing but assumptions. Two, how on earth would Goku (because Goku's the one saying that kind of stuff wouldn't work on Beerus) know that Beerus is resistant to that stuff? Three, "that kind of stuff" is vague af, and could refer to her power not being enough for Beerus, or her unpredictability. It could mean anything.

That's why it was rejected.

Except the context was on Arale's gags. Right before that scene they mentioned her "manga gag character properties". Why would they suddenly talk about something else when the focus was heavily on her toonforce? No writer with a mastery of English grammar would switch the subject of discussion right after it's emphasized.

@cal - Arale not using her powers on beerus could easily imply goku's statment to be correct. Sense she has abilites which arent just strength base. Like trapping people in manga panels, paralysis via shadows, turning the sun into a ballon like object,ect. So arale not using her abilitys shows her lack of confidence.

- I highly doubt the writers thought about "how on earth would goku know that beerus is resistant to that stuff", and even then other things back that statment up like I mentioned.

Im almost 99% sure its much more than a bugs bunny comparison since we had a whole big discussion on it and Matt even disagrees with Beerus having it. Plus the fact that there's no such thing as being resistant to toon force.

And the fact that, AP wise, Arale's toon force feats are an absolute joke compared to what Beerus dishes out. I mean cracking a planet? Beerus literally did the same thing with a finger tap in like the very first episode of Super. And can do more just by farting. Because of the AP>hax stuff in DB, its much more likely its just the toonforce itself is far far too weak to affect Beerus than Beerus actually having a legit resistance to it.

@kukui -Explain how you cant be resistant to toonforce but you can to reailty warping.

-Arale's toonforce isnt all physical like Ive mentioned before. So being stronger is irrelevant, and if you want to say ap> haxs then that would still give beerus a resistance.

@Kukui

There is definitely a resistance to toonforce. It's just funny reality warping.

The same logic downgrades just about all DBZ characters's resistances:

"Mercenary Tao isn't resistant to paralysis, General Blue is just far too weak to affect him"

I think that Matthew disagreed with the resistance. Perhaps we could compromise by adding "Likely Resistance to Toon Force"?

What do the rest of you think about the other suggested abilities?

It was also pointed out in the previous thread that there is no such thing as "Resistance to Toon Force". In which case, it could be considered as reality warping instead of toon force.

I am neutral about that particular point though.

@ant Yeah, im still fine with that.

@akm Tbh I wouldnt mind if it was listed as resistance to reailty warping, sense it would fuction the same as resistance to toonforce. But imo it would be more appropriate to list it as resistance to toonforce sense beerus resisted a gag character.

And what do the other staff members think about the other points?

Lol, no one said what they thought on the energy absorption, extra proof for light manipulation, and electricity manipulation that I posted earlier. Rip :(

But anyways I got more proof/abilitys I thought of/found

More proof on light/color manipulation- Beerus makes the surrounding environment turn red. https://youtu.be/OLZO9rTL_vY

Bipassing immortaility from super shenro- Even in the dub beerus says that he could easily annihilate both versions of zamasu. That should honestly give beerus atleast a possible rating for that, sense he pretty much said it would take no effort. Plus it was very similar in the sub like Ive mentioned. https://youtu.be/95DsUycXp8w

Fire manipulation - Beerus set bulma's room on fire. https://youtu.be/7P4hZnu74Pc -Tbh that fireball that beerus redirected could just be energy minpulation and somewhat help this point out. But it still can fill the criterias of telekinesis so idk.

It doesn't seem like other staff members are very interested in this thread, and I do not remember it very well anymore.

@Meerkat, It would be better if you make a list of the abilities which were unanimous so that they can be added, The other abilities which are not unanimous can be discussed later.

@akm okay but tbh, almost everything has been disagreed with atleast once. So for some its hard to say.

-Wind Manipulation (which goes to beerus, and champa)

-Weather manipulation (which goes to beerus, and champa)

-Explosive manipulation (which goes to beerus)

- Sound manipulation via god of destruction roar(which goes to beerus and champa)

-If someone trys to fight whis they passively get paralysed(Which goes to whis obviously, and probably the other angels too).

-Also note by beerus paralysis that he paralysed vegeta as a adult as well(first in base, then later in super saiyan).

-Likely resistance to toonforce(which goes to beerus), this is for sure the most controversial. But im pretty sure the middle ground was the unanimous decesion.

- likely Teleportio(Which goes to zeno), for this it should be noted that he made a button which can teleport others to him, and him to others.

Also the rest of the abilitys are mostly simplistic, so those can probably be decided on somewhat quickly.

Thank you, but somebody else would have to perform the edits, as your grammar and structure does not seem good enough. Sorry.

@ant I wasn't planning on doing it, especially sense im on my phone lol. I was just making a list of abilities which were mostly unanimous.

So are these the confirmed abilities for Beerus? I'll write a rough draft explanation.

- Wind Manipulation (Put down Tien, Piccolo and Android 18 with wind he created by expanding his eyes)

- Weather Manipulation (Caused a thunder storm to form just by arguing with Champa)

- Explosive Manipulation (Blew up Bulma's time machine, which was in another location, with a snap of his fingers)

- Sound Manipulation (Via God of Destruction's Roar)

- Likely Resistance to Toonforce (Arale's powers were stated to "not work" on him)

@quantu Yeah those are pretty much confirmed.

@everyone Can you all give your opinions on energy absorption, eletricity manipulation, fire manipulation, and the extra proof that would give beerus light manipulation instead of just color manipulation? I have the reasoning in my main post or a few comments back.

@Quantu

Wind manipulation for those reasons is not correct. Like I pointed above, it's just flexing the ki and almost all characters can do it. It doesn't count as proper wind manipulation.

And I am pretty sure Resistance to Toon Force is controversial too. So it should be agreed upon by most of the staff before getting added.

Explosion Manipulation, Weather Manipulation and Sound Manipulation are fine.

AKM is probably correct about wind manipulation. You also have to invite more staff members to evaluate the resistance to toon force revision, including Matthew.

Ok. Just letting you know I have no real opinion on any of these abilities (besides the Toonforce Resistance) and simply copy and pasted Meerkats post and wrote an explanation.

So directing you're counterarguments onto me isn't the best idea lol.

I will invite some more staff. But only 2 out of the 5 I invited last time actually responded. So if the ones I message decide not to respond, then I will need some others to message some staff.

Okay. Thank you. Is anybody reasonably competent willing to handle the edits?

I am, but I would prefer it if the op can make shortened reasonings for each of the addable abilities (So I can add to the profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back