• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to ToonForce for Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magi Hussie said:
Using Telekinesis involves moving your mind and clearly, Beerus wasn't doing so & an "energy" shield would have being formed around the attack.

Also, using Attack Redirection doesn't require you to physically touch attacks in order to stop them, control their direction, and launch/aim it right back to the attacker/target.
Ok, that first part doesn't make sense, Beerus could have easily used his mind, especially since that attack was from a warrior who was nothing to him, even enraged Vegeta in BoG should surpass him due to Beerus' reaction. What energy shield? Telekinesis does not require an energy shield around the attack, that's just head canon.

I know attack reflection can home in on enemies, but Beerus also stopped it.

> That's only with kamehameha

Doesn't matter. The point is, Goku can use IT without using his fingers. So he could have done the same here.

There is just not enough proof which implies it was Beerus. It could still be any of the other two characters who can teleport. We will need more proof of Beerus teleporting by himself to be able to accept that. Right now, it is too iffy and other possibilities outweigh the assumption that it was Beerus.

That's all from me on this matter. Now I digress.

- It kind of does matter when the only times he used instant transmission without his fingers is with kamehamaeha.

-Eh, I still disagree for the reasons I stated earlier.

-okay

Speaking of teleportation, shouldnt zeno have this? He not only made a button which can teleport the other person to him, it also teleports zeno to the person who pressed it.

You might wanna ask some staff members to comment here.

1) I am uncertain. Creating winds by powerful physical movements is not usually what we mean with the ability.

2) The storm was likely for comedic effect.

3) Explosion manipulation seems fine.

4) If the gods have demonstrated telepathy, it is likely that other characters have it as well.

5) That is not power bestowal. It is just borrowing a temporary amount of energy. Power bestowal is to give somebody a permanent new ability or power raise. Or at least as far as I understand.

6) Bypassing immortality is speculation.

7) Light manipulation is a more versatile ability than a mere side-effect, including shooting lasers or creating holograms.

8) This might be reasonable, but I do not remember the episode well.

9) Sound manipulation is a more versatile ability than just screaming very high.

10) Maybe, but it is best if some other staff member verifies that teleportation happened within the video clip.

11) If Beerus has demonstrated telekinesis outright, there should be no likely before the ability, agreed.

12) Wasn't this done via Vegeta being scared due to the power difference between them?

13) Breath attack is usually reserved to force blasts from the mouth and such, not just powerful lung capacity.

14) I suppose that "likely teleportation" might be acceptable.

@ant 1. Ethier way he has done things that are listed on the page. Like creating tornados, powerfull winds, ect. Plus other characters have it who just created winds by yelling.

2. It was definitely for comedic effect, but that shouldnt make the feat null. They were the one who caused it and made it go away, plus they made a tornado.

5. If thats the case, then power bestowal on sidra's page should be removed.

6. Would 'possibly' be alright?

7. Grand priest got light manipulation for the same reason though. Plus their ki blast are similar to "shooting lasers" ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬».

8 Nice

9. Future warrior has sound manipulation via god of destruction roar. So if he has sound manipulation via that attack then beerus/champa should as well, sense its their ability.

12. No, vegeta tried to attack whis but he mentioned how his body is unable to move.

1) I suppose that might work then.

2) Alright.

5) Probably, yes.

6) I don't think so.

7) It still seems inappropriate.

8) Well, I remember a previous discussion about this, and that Matthew disagreed.

9) I still do not think that just yelling loud is the same as sound manipulation. Several wrongs do not make a right.

12) Then it should probably be fine.

@ant 7. What about we just list it as color manipulation, but link it to light manipulation?

8. Ive seen way more people who agree that hes resistant rather than not. But if people are gonna have an issue with it, then I wouldnt mind if its listed as 'likely' or 'possible' ig.

9. A good example would be black canary. Where you just put sonic scream or whatnot, but link it to sound manipulation.

7) What do you mean?

8) I suppose that "likely" seems fine.

9) I suppose that you have a point.

7. Color manipulation is listed under light manipulation. So I suggested that we add color manipulation(because the hakai changed the color of the void), but link it to light manipulation.

7. I mean he warped the WoV and the color got changed due to the warping. That's just spatial manipulation imo. There is no need to list color manipulation as it will make it redundant.

@akm idk, I never really associated changing somethings color with Spatial manipulation. But if light manipulation is like a subpower of spatial minpulation like you're implying then I guess. But I still think the addition is fine tbh, esspecially sense others have both abilitys on their profiles.

I don't think beerus is resistant to toonforce,he just was in an other level of power low2c>>>3a.That's why The Mask vs Goku got removed.They didn't have a real battle and beerus just overpowered her instantly,that shows the difference in power.Should Beerus have vibration manipulation for shaking so much the ground with just a simple touch of his foot and enhanced senses dor smelling that new food dr.slump's machine created?

@thunder - Arale has abilitys that normal power wouldnt be able to resist (paralysis via shadows, turning the sun into a ballon, and trapping people in manga panels, ect), and it was stated her toonforce dosent work at all on him. Also imo arale should be atleast low 2c along with other early characters in dbs, but thats a whole diffrent topic lol.

- idk, he most certainly can use vibrations, and he can make shockwaves which grow stronger the longer they go. But on the profile it says that it cant be through brute force, so idk if it would accepted.

- He already has enhanced senses, but i wouldnt mind if it was noted that he smelled a peice of candy across the universe though.

Well, the toon force resistance was discussed and rejected earlier, so it is best if you ask for input from the knowledgeable staff members.

T╠Âf╠Âw╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âp╠Âe╠Âo╠Âp╠Âl╠Âe╠ ╠ÂI╠ ╠Âm╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠Âa╠Âg╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Âm╠Âm╠Âe╠Ân╠Ât╠ ╠Âh╠Âe╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âi╠Âg╠Ân╠Âo╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âm╠Ây╠ ╠Âm╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠Âa╠Âg╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âd╠Âo╠Ân╠Ât╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Âm╠Âm╠Âe╠Ân╠Ât╠ ╠Â:╠Â(╠Â

But anyways I thought of some new abilitys/more proof for the beebus.

Energy absorption, more proof for light manipulation, and eletricity manipulation. The reasoning will be in my original post.

It is best if you mention the new reasoning in a new post instead.

Can you remind me which new additions that I accepted earlier?

Alright

Energy absorption for beerus - Beerus makes some energy dragon thing, and absorbs it into his body. https://youtu.be/9rEQ3ZJpej0

More proof on light manipulation - on mutiple occasions beerus/ goku were able to fill most of universe 7 (Including the kai realm, which is a diffrent space time then the mortal realm) with light. https://youtu.be/ZOeD0KnDnIg https://youtu.be/ZzYXJIqFVAk

Eletricity manipulation-

-In the beginning of episode 12, beerus' mere presense caused a eletrical/ionic storm. It was also messing up bulmas spaceship, and piccolo said particals are getting charged in the atmosphere which backs up it was an eletrical/ionic storm. - Beerus making a thunder storm (which obviously has lightning) backs this up too. - With alot of attacks youll see eletricity effects which also somewhat backs this up.

You agreed on wind manipulation, weather manipulation, explosive manipulation, likely telepathy, color manipulation,likely resistance to toonforce, sound manipulation via god of destruction roar(sonic scream), remove likely from beerus' telekinesis, paralysis for whis, and likely teleportion for zeno.

Well, Dragon Ball is a prominent series, so I cannot accept major changes on my own.

@ant yeah I know, ig I will just wait for more people to comment their thoughts on the additions, because I really dont feel like spamming people's profile to comment here lol.

This thread has been going on for quite a while. I guess I'll have to ask some staff members to comment here, if you won't Meerkat.

Because Arale was never seen using Toonforce on Beerus, she only cracked the earth in the episode, her considerable strength was viewed by Vegeta as a gag and her toonforce is not as the same level of Bugs Bunny. Goku considered Beerus in an high regard and thought that her abilities would not work on him. All of these is what i have heard.

What does Arale's toonforce not being on the same level as Bugs have to do with anything?

Her abilities not working on Beerus is the exact reason why he would have resistance

@dark - When you have a statement and many other contributing factors. Like arale not defending her self(even though she has abilities which are beyond durability), Her creater begging beerus to stop, ect. At that point its kind of obvious that its just writer's intent imo, and her attacking beerus wouldnt be needed.

- Why would it matter if arale's toonforce isnt on the same level of bugs? Beerus wouldnt be getting immunity only resistance.

-Plus earlier in the thread, it was decided that if he got it he would get likely resistance as a good middle ground.

I agree with them with the whole Bugs comparison being useless and having no bearing on the matter. However, if I didn't come here, I would've never assumed that Beerus had a resistance to toonforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back