• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance for the Dark Multiverse Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
All the characters from the Dark Multiverse should have Resistance to Energy Manipulation since the energy of the Multiverse do nothing to the energy of the Dark Multiverse (At least the energies of the twisted dark universes) and Limited Invulnerability as stated by Devastator, the denizens of the Dark Multiverse are not made from the same stuff as those of the regular multiverse and their rules don't apply to the denizens of the Dark Multiverse. Every punches Superman throw to Devastator rendered him weaker and Devastator stronger.

The World Forger, Barbatos should have Resistance to Corrosion Inducement and Fusionism. Since dark matter destroyed worlds by merging them and the dark multiversal matter corroding and destroying Earths from throughout the entire Multiverse.

They resisted physical attacks in Metal too, iirc. Their nature might possibly qualify for some kind of limited invulnerability.

Also, i would like to trim Barbatos' Anti-Music justification for "Shakes the strings of the multiverse and disrupt the multiverse with his scream" as the Low 1-C rating for the Anti-Music was already accepted before.

From what this thread proves, Resistance to some forms of Energy Manipulation is good for all the characters from the Dark Multiverse, more stuff could be added with more scans.

I did this before but hey

I think that when the laughing batman said why Luthor's powers didn't work, it was because they are based on aspects of the whole, not just energy to derive.

the invulnerability is fine

and the World forger should not have 10 metal in optional equipment since it is the material that he used in the forger

@Eficiente In this sca, Devastator states that all of his kinds are not made from the same stuff as the denizens of the regular multiverse which should indeed be an evidence for Limited Invulnerability.

@Oliver de jesus True, but the thread had been closed before we could discuss on whether Barbatos and the others should or not have resistance to fusionism and corrosion inducement.

@Eficiente are you agree with limited invulnerability and resistance to fusionism and corrosion inducement and what about the anti-music justification i suggested?

Not sure about the resistances. Dark matter wasn't doing that stuff all the time, and we'd need proof those two actually resisted those effects of it.

Well, none of them shown these resistances but they work in the Dark Multiverse and were not affected by Dark Matter.

Yes, but dark matter wasn't doing that stuff to anything and everything, at all times. It's doing it a lot now, in Flash Forward, but iirc we're still not even sure exactly why.

True. Maybe just adding resistance to energy manipulation and limited invulnerability instead?

What about adding resistances to the effects dark energy has shown in metal instead? Such as madness manipulation, hallucinations, corruption?

@Elizio

Maybe. But resistance and limited invulnerability is redundant.

@Oliver

That's not close to what it says. The Dark Multiverse universes are supposed to be destroyed and fade away, what Tempus calls decay, but now they're not.

If limited invulnerability and the resistances shouldn't be added is resistance to energy manipulation fine

Invulnerability is an exaggeration, but I otherwise trust POTM's and Eficiente's senses of judgement.

I've reread both "resistances" and I have to say, I think this is the only time so far that I truly believe Invulnerability, as we define it, applies. But like I said before, Limited.

This quote from our page: "This is distinct from simply particularly high durability, which may make a character seem invulnerable to weaker opponents. Only characters whose invulnerability is clearly more than simply being exceptionally durable for the verse's setting qualify."

That's pretty much exactly what goes on with the Dark Multiverse characters. If their nature doesn't even qualify for Limited Invulnerability, I don't know what on earth would.

The problem is that invulnerability is usually a no limits fallacy, and we have even talked about removing the power recently due to this reason.

Yeah, Invulnerability sounds very NLF, the page make it sound like that "invulnerable" characters are completely immune to conventional damage and can only be damaged by durability negating attacks.

The Dark Multiverse characters should have it, as agreed in the Invulnerability revision thread, the dark multiverse are invulnerable not only because they are durable but because of the mechanism of the verse

Though I think the dark multiverse character's invulnerability will probably fall under verse equalization when used in matches

Okay. I am still uncertain though. For example regular Batman managed to harm his jokerised counterpart.

@Ant

My opinion is that if we're keeping invulnerability as a power, they should get limited. If we're removing it, and I totally understand the NLF argument behind that, then they should have resistance to both physical and energy attacks.

@Elizio

So you just want to alter the wording?

Wasn't Batman being infused with the divine metals during Snyder's Batman run?

And yeah, trimming the justification should be fine

Are you talking about the divine metals the court of the owls used to summon barbatos or the 10th metal.

If you are talking about the first, then it makes sense if batman managed to harmed the laughing batman since he was imbued with divine metals. So Batman should have Limited Durability Negation since he is infused with divine metals and can bypass the invulnerability of the dark multiverse characters although it is less effective than the effects of the nth metal and Limited Invulnerability or Resistance to physical and energy attacks should be fine for the Dark Multiverse Characters.

Invulnerability implies that they cannot be harmed even by beings unfathomably beyond their own power levels, and I do not think that this has been remotely proven. Resistance to physical and energy attacks by beings of similar power levels might work though.

See the discussion here for further information: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3964157

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back