• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove Saitama's resistance to Durability Negation

Yeah seems like I’m just confused the difference between resistance and durability in this case

it’s shockwave but it’s also attacking internal organs… which should typically be squishy, but Saitama’s organs definitely aren’t squishy and it doesn’t help that Garou bypassed bone and skin to get to organ

Yes, Garou has the ability to bypass durability. But he bypasses durability to attack internal structures that’s also have their own durability

And it’s limited because it’s shockwave based which can be tanked by vastly durable objects.

so what is the difference between resistance and durability… aw man..
TBF, all the attacks literally touch Saitama from what I have seen. Heck, we have see Saitama get repeatingly hit by Garou’s attacks as well as Saitama letting Garou hit him.

I have no idea what resistance it will be. Resistance to shockwave is just resistance to AP to me. Makes no sense right?
Resistance to Shockwave is specifically resistance to Vibration manipulation. We do have a page for this as well.

I don’t think resistance necessarily means “preventing something from happening” in this case.
I admit this is true.

However the other meaning is even worse. Another way for resistance would be if the attack did reach his organs, but the shockwave was weakened and what hit his internal organs was weaker than what it was suppose to be. Think of fire resistance in a RPG, you are still hurt but you take less damage. That is indeed resistance.

However this is basically impossible to prove without any kind of statement. Since this cannot be visually shown to us, nor should we assume this. Someone would need to say that Saitama's body weakened the shockwave before it hit his organs. To my knowledge nothing like that is ever stated.

The easy and most obvious answer is what is stated in the manga itself. Saitama is just too darn sturdy for his attack to affect him.

I admit this is true.

However the other meaning is even worse. Another way for resistance would be if the attack did reach his organs, but the shockwave was weakened and what hit his internal organs was weaker than what it was suppose to be. Think of fire resistance in a RPG, you are still hurt but you take less damage. That is indeed resistance.

However this is basically impossible to prove without any kind of statement. Since this cannot be visually shown to us, nor should we assume this. Someone would need to say that Saitama's body weakened the shockwave before it hit his organs. To my knowledge nothing like that is ever stated.

The easy and most obvious answer is what is stated in the manga itself. Saitama is just too darn sturdy for his attack to affect him.
Oh god, game mechanics. You know how game mechanics is kinda annoying to deal with too,

Resistance to Shockwave is specifically resistance to Vibration manipulation. We do have a page for this as well.

Yeah but resistance to vibration can be achieved by just being massively durable.

This is a really stupid paradox

And keep in mind, we definitely not comparing a video game to a manga here.
I know that. I was just using that as example to help explain to anyone who cannot follow what I mean.

Regardless Saitama did not prevent the shockwave from reaching his organs. And we have no reason to assume he weakened the shockwave before it reached his internal organs, over him just having very high durability. We shouldn't give resistance without any actual proof of resistance.

I know that. I was just using that as example to help explain to anyone who cannot follow what I mean.

Regardless Saitama did not prevent the shockwave from reaching his organs. And we have no reason to assume he weakened the shockwave before it reached his internal organs, over him just having very high durability. We shouldn't give resistance without any actual proof of resistance.
As I mentioned earlier, I was kinda neutral to this, but the other compromise is legitimately having limited durability negation as it currently stands Garou’s ability is literally listed as durability negation outright. We have to change that first and put a note regarding all that has been say here.

Yeah seems like I’m just confused the difference between resistance and durability in this case

it’s shockwave but it’s also attacking internal organs… which should typically be squishy, but Saitama’s organs definitely aren’t squishy and it doesn’t help that Garou bypassed bone and skin to get to organ

Yes, Garou has the ability to bypass durability. But he bypasses durability to attack internal structures that’s also have their own durability

And it’s limited because it’s shockwave based which can be tanked by vastly durable objects.

so what is the difference between resistance and durability… aw man.. if Saitama’s bones and flesh could be bypassed then Garou’s attack not even working shouldnt be resistance. That’s my conclusion, the organ is just that durable. I give up.
Here's another hint.

"Weakness of the ability"

Some abilities have weaknesses instead of people having resistances to them

Well
The ability that allows users to damage the target, regardless of its durability. In particular, enables causing serious damage to a very strong opponent, even in the absence of large attack potency. A good example of ignoring durability would be poison, as it can kill a person without even needing to wound them.

Types​

• Attacking internal organs - Due to the manipulation of internal energy (or electricity), a character can directly target the internal organs, thereby ignoring the durability of the outer layers (such as leather, armor, etc.). Manipulation of threads is also included in this type, as even a single fibre, penetrated through a crack in the armor, can be fatal.
So like.... yeah this is covered by our system.

Now the reason why I suggest Saitama keep this is more about how fiction treats organs than something being realistic.

Here's what I mean, there's plenty of universes (Naruto for example) where their organs are explicitly just as strong as a normal human organ. They can't increase that durability and there's plenty of other fictional universes that follow that trend. Saitama should have durability negation resistance, since in-universe for OPM its treated by Garou that his organs should be significantly weaker than his muscles when that's seemingly not the case.

If there is something that needs to be adjusted, its just we note that Saitama resistance is limited to internal organ attacks or something.

since in-universe for OPM its treated by Garou that his organs should be significantly weaker than his muscles when that's seemingly not the case.

If there is something that needs to be adjusted, its just we note that Saitama resistance is limited to internal organ attacks or something.
It will still not be resistance as saitama indeed tank the attack and did not prevent it from passing through. He is just that durable, resistance would require him been able to negate any form of shockwaves passing through his body and that’s not the case here as we have shockwaves passing through his body on some occasions like when the mountain behind him got destroyed from shockwaves that went through him.
Also,
been able to tank shockwaves attacking your organs from a weaker character is not resistance to durability negation. Someone stronger than saitama attacking his organs with shockwaves will turn him into mashed potatoes inside in. So I really don’t see how this qualifies for resistance to dura neg

To be fair I'm pretty sure Gajeel from Fairy Tail has resistance to durability negation for this exact reason.

Now the reason why I suggest Saitama keep this is more about how fiction treats organs than something being realistic.

Here's what I mean, there's plenty of universes (Naruto for example) where their organs are explicitly just as strong as a normal human organ. They can't increase that durability and there's plenty of other fictional universes that follow that trend. Saitama should have durability negation resistance, since in-universe for OPM its treated by Garou that his organs should be significantly weaker than his muscles when that's seemingly not the case.

From what I understand, do you agree that Saitama's organs are more durable? And that is why you want to give him resistance? However I still disagree with this. Even if Saitama is special, this isn't resistance but just really high durability for his organs. I don't believe his organs being that durable should count as resistance.

Saitama's organs have no reason to be equal to his muscles in term of durability. Saitama is just too durable for Garou to hurt period, even if he attacks his organs. Assuming that Saitama's organs are special and must be equal to his own muscles/bones in terms of durability is wrong to me. Since that isn't stated.

The more simple answer here is that even his more weak organs' durability is superior to Garou's attack potency.

Other verses should not be brought up. However does this wiki assume all character organs share the same durability as human organs unless proven otherwise? While I dislike such a thing, since I feel like it should be the other way around. Character organs should be a tiny amount comparable to their durability. Since they can be punched in the gut and not have their organs explode into pieces. But for obvious reasons fiction can go against this, since fiction can do anything.

As long as we understand that Saitama's organs are just stupidly durable, I don't care if this is considered resistance or not. I do not agree with it being resistance, due to this just physical durability. Which I don't see ever being the reason for resistance, unless we have a statement otherwise.

Nor do I agree with saying Saitama's organs are equal to his body's durability, since nothing like that was stated.

At the same time, I disagree with this part alone.
Saitama's organs have no reason to be equal to his muscles in term of durability. Saitama is just too durable for Garou to hurt period, even if he attacks his organs. Assuming that Saitama's organs are special and must be equal to his own muscles/bones in terms of durability is wrong to me. Since that isn't stated.
It is literally stated by Garou that unless you trained your own internal organs in one of the scans earlier.
You literally have to ignore what he have say throughout the entire chapter to disprove this.

Again, his being proven wrong was about Saitama being able to take his hits straight on too.

Last edited:
Other verses should not be brought up. However does this wiki assume all character organs share the same durability as human organs unless proven otherwise
Yes or at least it treats them as notably inferior to one's regular durability. Which is why the move is explicitly treated as negating durability.

For OPM Garou word for word states that it's not possible to make your organs stronger. Meaning in the OPM universe someone like Flashy Flash would only have tier 10 internal organs with Tier 6 muscles and bones. Saitama is special for having durable organs.

Yes or at least it treats them as notably inferior to one's regular durability. Which is why the move is explicitly treated as negating durability.

For OPM Garou word for word states that it's not possible to make your organs stronger. Meaning in the OPM universe someone like Flashy Flash would only have tier 10 internal organs with Tier 6 muscles and bones. Saitama is special for having durable organs.
Saitama, however, is noted to have trained in the past IIRC for a few years without too much of a problem.

Saitama, however, is noted to have trained in the past IIRC for a few years without too much of a problem.
That doesn't really have much to do with it. Saitama has durable organs because his limiter was removed, not because of his training. Garou outright states it's not possible to train your organs, meaning Saitama's durability comes from a different place.

That doesn't really have much to do with it. Saitama has durable organs because his limiter was removed, not because of his training. Garou outright states it's not possible to train your organs, meaning Saitama's durability comes from a different place.
Never mind, I reread it and it say “no way” in there.

Although wasn’t his limiter broken after he was done with years of training though?
Unless I mistaken, we know that Saitama wasn’t that strong pre training, then during and post training, he did managed to break his limiter post trainings

Meaning in the OPM universe someone like Flashy Flash would only have tier 10 internal organs with Tier 6 muscles and bones. Saitama is special for having durable organs.
Well, Darkshine's internal organs weren't tier 10 either, since he could withstand Garou's internal attack albeit with minor injuries. It could be Garou is just wrong about superhumans in OPM having tier 10 internal organs.

Well, Darkshine's internal organs weren't tier 10 either, since he could withstand Garou's internal attack albeit with minor injuries. It could be Garou is just wrong about superhumans in OPM having tier 10 internal organs.
Tbf, his fight with Bang does show him defeating Bang IIRC.
Heck, it is already been mentioned in his own profile earlier regarding the fight with Bang.

Although wasn’t his limiter broken after he was done with years of training though?
His limiter broke either 18 months or 2 years into his training. At thst point his organs probably become stronger because they're jo longer limited.

Before hand he's just strong like pre-cosmic Garou.

Well, Darkshine's internal organs weren't tier 10 either, since he could withstand Garou's internal attack albeit with minor injuries
Garou doesn't get explicit negation until after he fights Darkshine and he needs to use certain moves to do it as well. Darkshine can have Tier 10 organs since OPM muscles are just weirdly good in OPM like in some other universes.

Also we don’t legitimately have enough evidence since that is assuming all of Garou’s attack does ignore durability which isn’t explicitly shown too

His limiter broke either 18 months or 2 years into his training. At thst point his organs probably become stronger because they're jo longer limited.

Before hand he's just strong like pre-cosmic Garou
Make sense to me as his limiters wasn’t even broken till the training regimen although later on during training.

Edit: Keep in mind, Saitama’a training was pure physical too.

Tbf, his fight with Bang does show him defeating Bang IIRC.
Heck, it is already been mentioned in his own profile earlier regarding the fight with Bang.
Garou could still be wrong about superhumans having only tier 10 organs though.
Garou doesn't get explicit negation until after he fights Darkshine and he needs to use certain moves to do it as well.
So I think your point is that his skin and muscles still managed to block most of the shockwaves from entering his organs? Though personally I still think it isn't really unlikely.
Darkshine can have Tier 10 organs since OPM muscles are just weirdly good in OPM like in some other universes.
I honestly doubt Darkshine has tier 10 organs since he has been shown to do lifting under a room with 15 times gravity. Do you think the organs of normal humans could withstand the amount of gravity Darkshine's could?

I honestly doubt Darkshine has tier 10 organs since he has been shown to do lifting under a room with 15 times gravity. Do you think the organs of normal humans could withstand the amount of gravity Darkshine's could?
That is with muscles though, not internal organs.

The internal organs (as everyone should know the basics at this point) will been the hearts, lungs, intestines (large and smaller), and even the kidneys and pancreas count.
Not to mention Darkshine is training his own body so most likely he could done training in the past tbf.

Garou could still be wrong about superhumans having only tier 10 organs though.
G does stands for G force. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force

Edit: Let me explain here.
It is possible to measure gravity on Earth since it had been done before so.

Edit 2: Gravitation Constant is a different story though as it doesn’t mean much too.

Edit 3: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_constant
Okay, I switch it up with G force as it is Gravitational constant.

The problem with using that is that the measure being used is measuring how gravity was in there and is technically meaningless in the long term since they are pretty much blatant superhuman here.

It is a well known fact that gravity by itself is actually a weak force so again, not a good argument to use as it is weak.

Last edited:
That is with muscles though, not internal organs.
It says 15G, so I think it means 15 times Earth gravity. If your entire body is under that gravity, the internal organs are affected as well. To my knowledge, normal humans cannot withstand 15 times gravity and will have their internal organs ruptured or so.

It says 15G, so I think it means 15 times Earth gravity. If your entire body is under that gravity, the internal organs are affected as well. To my knowledge, normal humans cannot withstand 15 times gravity and will have their internal organs ruptured or so.
The G stands for a measurement of gravity itself.

It doesn’t mean 15 x the gravity of Earth itself necessarily as G stands for gravitational constant .

It is even noted on the Wikipedia page that went into detail about this

The gravitational constant is a physical constant that is difficult to measure with high accuracy.[7]This is because the gravitational force is an extremely weak force as compared to other fundamental forces.[d]

In SI units, the 2018 Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA)-recommended value of the gravitational constant (with standard uncertainty in parentheses) is:[1][8]

{\displaystyle G=6.67430(15)\times 10^{-11}{\rm {\ m^{3}{\cdot }kg^{-1}{\cdot }s^{-2}}}}

This corresponds to a relative standard uncertainty of 2.2×10−5 (22 ppm).”

To me, it is clear that it means 15 times Earth's gravity... I don't think I could understand all of that.

Also that machine being used is definitely used to measure the amount of gravity being put against Darkshine so I have to disagree with that strict interpretation.

Other than that, it is technically off topic since the fights against Garou was outside of that Gravity Room (which should been discuss elsewhere as that feat isn’t comparable to Garou’s durability negation, but more of a feat for physical health and stuff).

Right now, I also don’t think we can completely use normal human durability since we been demonstrated multiple superhuman feats as well as the fact that Garou only used specific techniques in order to ignore durability.

So I think your point is that his skin and muscles still managed to block most of the shockwaves from entering his organs?
Yes. That's what Garou's statement implies.

Do you think the organs of normal humans could withstand the amount of gravity Darkshine's could?
Human organs can withstand 7 to 8 gs with difficulty and withstand 9 gs temporarily. Darkshine having stronger organs makes sense, and my previous statement was wrong, but he wouldn't need Tier 7 organs to withstand 15 gs.

Back