• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama's POSSIBLY minor immeasurable attack speed

This is a bit of a controversial topic to talk about, but I haven't seen anyone discuss it. So let me do it.

After the battle between Saitama and Garou, Saitama, using a special technique, began to move through time, seeing events go backwards. And during his movement, Saitama, being inside this time-traveling space, launched a strike that eventually came out of this space into our world and hit Garou.

It may seem like there's nothing special about it, but we're then told that this punch was "Landed before it was thrown", after which they added that because of this, through causality, Saitama defeated Garou for zero blows.

Based on this, we can say that Saitama's punch was moving back in time while it was being thrown, and he hit Garou while moving, then he moved back a couple more moments, he finished moving in time, after which Garou was knocked out.

Technically, from Garou's point of view, Saitama's punch landed in a negative number of seconds because he started in the future and ended in the past, which is why the manga said he landed zero punches.

So, technically, this counts as a feat of immeasurable attack speed. This doesn't give base Saitama immeasurable speed, but it would give Saitama while traveling to the past immeasurable attack speed technically because he is able to punch while going to the past. This is quite limited and doesn't really give much away, but it can be stated in Saitama's profile. It would be aesthetically pleasing, although not as useful.

Agreed:
Disagreed:
Idk:

No, it's a metaphor for saying that Saitama has gained a much power from future, it means that Garou experienced a punch with power from future.
This sounds extremely far-fetched for "Win in 0 hits". I don't even get the point.

But the main thing is that Saitama not only has an indication of 0 hits, the main thing is that he actually hit while moving in time.

In addition, the manga tells us that "REVERSAL OF CAUSALITY ABSOLUTELY UNAVOIDABLE". As if meaning that a blow delivered to the past cannot be stopped due to casuality.

In addition, the manga tells us that "REVERSAL OF CAUSALITY ABSOLUTELY UNAVOIDABLE". As if meaning that a blow delivered to the past cannot be stopped due to casuality.
Reversal of causality is exactly what I say. The power is from the future, and come to the past with time travel. So the causality was bent and caused Saitama to punch Garou with the power from future.

Basically, you are saying the Zero Punch is unavoidable unless a character has Immeasurable speed?

Basically, you are saying the Zero Punch is unavoidable unless a character has Immeasurable speed?
Saitama himself does not have immeasurable speed, only MFTL. I meant that technically this technique relative to enemies in battle would be like one blow of immeasurable speed.

It's like Kira Yoshikage's 3-A. It's not usable in combat and it can't be used as something truly universe-level in terms of damage, but technically it can be specified in the profile.

Likewise Saitama's immeasurable punch. It is dealt in a negative number of seconds, but it is only one hit and does not provide reaction or movement.

Ohhh yeah i agree!!!!

Incredible, simply excellent, I admire this work and am ready to clap on both hands. No, my delight is not enough to describe such a smart and well-researched text as yours, you are clearly a master and know a lot about your work

I may agree on this being valid but this is only possible with this technique that Garou taught him.

At the same time this could just be Time Travel as it was specifically done through time travel so treating it as immeasurable attack speed may not work as we are not shown he is also capable of doing this to affect the future. Only the past which makes it not linear movement and only 1 direction just reversed

Disagree FRA. Not only Immeasurable is not given by plain Time Travel, but also this part:
Based on this, we can say that Saitama's punch was moving back in time while it was being thrown, and he hit Garou while moving, then he moved back a couple more moments, he finished moving in time, after which Garou was knocked out.
Is a complete headcanon. Nothing in the manga implies that; in fact, it is pretty clear that he left the time travel when Saitama Zero Punched Garou; which, again, is not immeasurable but time travelling + attacking

Disagree FRA. Not only Immeasurable is not given by plain Time Travel, but also this part:

Is a complete headcanon. Nothing in the manga implies that; in fact, it is pretty clear that he left the time travel when Saitama Zero Punched Garou; which, again, is not immeasurable but time travelling + attacking
There is no possible way to portray visualize an attack via immeasurable speed so i say this is a moot point as often it is artistic.

But regardless as i've said time travel punch =/= immeasurable due to it only possible in the direction towards the past and not linear as in anywhere in time.

So this is just time travel and result of it

Last edited:
No, it's taking a statement way too literally when the context shows what's happening.

Saitama simply time traveled and then punched the Garou of the past, it's just that. It's nothing else than a metaphor about Garou being defeated from 0 punches because it was thrown from a Saitama that didn't exist yet.
Disagree FRA.

Saitama himself does not have immeasurable speed, only MFTL. I meant that technically this technique relative to enemies in battle would be like one blow of immeasurable speed.

It's like Kira Yoshikage's 3-A. It's not usable in combat and it can't be used as something truly universe-level in terms of damage, but technically it can be specified in the profile.

Likewise Saitama's immeasurable punch. It is dealt in a negative number of seconds, but it is only one hit and does not provide reaction or movement.

I'm in agreement, but he'd be the second baldest man with Weird immeasurable speed.

To be honest, I didn’t really count on anything and knew that there was an 80% chance that it wouldn’t be accepted, but maybe in the future it would help for something, because no one had ever discussed it.

I myself think this is a little dubious, but has a chance of existence.

Back