• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I was visiting Blast's profile and I believe that his AP and Durability ratings can be improved after rereading his fight against Garou and some statements made by other characters.

Attack Potency/ Durability:

Blast's current profile has his durability at "At most Multi-Solar System" because he held SP2 for a limited amount of time. However, I believe this should not be an At most, but a full rating for both his Durability and his Attack Potency.

The reason for that is that, when his teammates appear, he is holding the explosion of the SP2. They specifically appear to help Blast, so they must know how strong the clash is. The woman comments that they didn't know a hero existed (besides Blast) on Earth that could hold his own against someone with so much divine power. This implies two important things:

1- She (and by extension all of Blast's companions) knows that Garou's unbelievably strong, they are totally aware of the amount of divine power Garou possesses.

2- She implies they've been seeing Saitama holding his own against Garou, and they assume he is the only one besides Blast on Earth that could do so. This confirms they also see Blast capable of holding his own against Awakened Garou. I make this point since it will be argued that Blast didn't actually damage the version of Garou that copied Saitama's Serious Punch, since that's probably a stronger version of Garou and Blast hasn't damaged that Garou. But his teammates directly state (right after seeing the explosion of SP2 and stating that Garou has so much divine power) that Blast could hold his own against Garou, whose durability was enough to tank SP2.

Blast could probably solo Garou with hax (space-time or something) but I'm not sure why the Spatial Manipulation even has a durability rating.

The woman's statement does seem to show she believes Blast to be at least comparable to that amount of power. Blast's presence was (Intentionally, I believe) much more focused on avoiding massive damage on Earth instead of actually trying to kill Garou, and the energy limitations of his "gates" shouldn't limit his own power unless we have statements saying otherwise, so I'll leave my agree here for now

Since this is a relatively untouched revision at this stage, couldn’t we also use this opportunity to make Blast mftl again? I had it removed due to being circular, but since the calc no longer relies on Garou being blitzed, it’s a non issue.

Since this is a relatively untouched revision at this stage, couldn’t we also use this opportunity to make Blast mftl again? I had it removed due to being circular, but since the calc no longer relies on Garou being blitzed, it’s a non issue.
What would Blast scale to anyway? The SP2 or its recoil?

Idk about addressing speed too. This thread hasn't gotten much attention even though it's literally a paragraph so...

The reason for that is that, when his teammates appear, he is holding the explosion of the SP2.
He's not holding it, the gate trying to warp the energy was instantly broken. It's why he had to change its vector instead.
I make this point since it will be argued that Blast didn't actually damage the version of Garou that copied Saitama's Serious Punch, since that's probably a stronger version of Garou and Blast hasn't damaged that Garou. But his teammates directly state (right after seeing the explosion of SP2 and stating that Garou has so much divine power) that Blast could hold his own against Garou, whose durability was enough to tank SP2.
In my view, since Garou copied Blast outright and considered Saitama still significantly stronger power wise, I don't see Blast scaling AP wise. In addition his weirder powers may be what would edge him out over Garou if they continuously fought.

I guess I could see a protentional rating, but I think a direct upgrade is unsupported.

He's not holding it, the gate trying to warp the energy was instantly broken. It's why he had to change its vector instead.
How exactly is that an instant? Him talking while struggling actually proves he is holding it.

In my view, since Garou copied Blast outright and considered Saitama still significantly stronger power wise, I don't see Blast scaling AP wise. In addition his weirder powers may be what would edge him out over Garou if they continuously fought.

I guess I could see a protentional rating, but I think a direct upgrade is unsupported.
Ok, thank you for commenting

How exactly is that an instant? Him talking while struggling actually proves he is holding it.
He's not holding it, the blast is constantly expanding, it's just thst He's fast enough to view the explosion slowly. It's why in subsequent panels the ball of energy is getting bigger and bigger.

He's not holding it, the blast is constantly expanding, it's just thst He's fast enough to view the explosion slowly
Hmm, I don't know if I understand you right but does that mean Blast scales to the speed the explosion expands? This would be ridiculously faster than light.

Hmm, I don't know if I understand you right but does that mean Blast scales to the speed the explosion expands? This would be ridiculously faster than light.
He scales to the speed of the explosion, the only issue we had is that by altering the vector they also altered the explosions speed. So we don't currently scale him to a 10k lightyear figure.

He's not holding it, the blast is constantly expanding, it's just thst He's fast enough to view the explosion slowly. It's why in subsequent panels the ball of energy is getting bigger and bigger.
Blast says that the gate can't handle that much energy while he's trying to give it enough space. This implies he is barely handling it with his portal powers. And we see in those panels that the explosion is surrounded by a glowy aura, which is meant to be Blast's gate.

Back