• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats: the speed edition!

Of course, some Power Star users are clearly more powerful than others. However, the Power Stars themselves have a set rating, so it is logical for characters with Power Stars to have that rating, considering they are being empowered by it. I don't know anything about Marvel, let alone what the Power Cosmic is, so I can't really comment on that.

Well, no, if "some Power Star users are clearly more powerful than others" then it is not "logical for characters with Power Stars to have [the] rating" "the Power Stars themselves have". That's very clearly circular reasoning.

The Power Stars don't equalize the stats of whoever is using them, they probably amp them by a set amount, in this instance MFTL+, and 4-A/3-C (Though having 2 power stars probably wouldn't amp the speed by two times). Some users of Power Stars are clearly going to be stronger than others. Just put it this way: Character A is much stronger than Character B in base. Both characters are given Power Stars. Character A is still stronger than Character B since Character A is stronger in their base, and they were both amped by an equal amount.

Last edited:
The yellow Power Stars are consistently pretty equal in power with each other, Green Power stars turn back into Lumas and then they seem to turn into galaxies. All demonstrating Massively FTL+ speed feats in the process, they even fly back on their own via a U-Turn. The only Power Stars that much stronger than every other power star are the Grand Stars, which are Low 2-C.

But anyway, Squirps still has his speed feats, and there are many others. Unless @Dino_Ranger_Black might have more to add onto this.

Also the entire argument on using Power Stars means you aren't using its full power is a ridiculous assumption that has nothing to back it up. Especially when you consider in 64, there are doors sealed by Bowser using Power Stars. In order to break said seals, you need more Power Star. The animation itself shows Mario pulling out the star itself to break the seal, so he would have to be using its full power if its reversing its own power.

The thing with using examples like Marvel is that they have evidence to vary (that and Marvel scaling is a far bigger mess than Mario's), Mario's does not.

As for the other arguments, the Lubba not attempting to fly is bad. Not only did he say he RAN into Bowser, which would mean he'd be flying at this point. Since a single Power Star can fly past galaxies in seconds, to say it's hard for Lubba to go full speed doesn't work out.

Lumas do not need to transform to fly said distances as they can revert to their forms and come back, so point is moot.

Bowser stated he wanted his place at the center of the universe, where else would he go?

Not what he did.

image0.png

Okay. Thanks for the information.

What other conclusions have you made here?

None so far. Currently there’s an ongoing argument about the Verse’s speed feats. Dragon agrees with the Massively FTL+ feats, whereas Matthew and Eficiente do not.

I think it would be best to contact Dino Ranger Black and Ryukama for their input.

The thing with using examples like Marvel is that they have evidence to vary (that and Marvel scaling is a far bigger mess than Mario's), Mario's does not.
This is a lie Mario is just as inconsistent if not more so. You literally have to fool yourself to pretend the levels you believe in are consistent.

Idk if I disagree with Massively FTL+, I only disagree with things as I see them.
Also the entire argument on using Power Stars means you aren't using its full power is a ridiculous assumption that has nothing to back it up. Especially when you consider in 64, there are doors sealed by Bowser using Power Stars. In order to break said seals, you need more Power Star. The animation itself shows Mario pulling out the star itself to break the seal, so he would have to be using its full power if its reversing its own power.
The sheer inconsistency of its users, as said before. Even saying that the doors were sealed with their full power people using their full power at times doesn't remove the idea that simply using the item may not grant one its full power.
As for the other arguments, the Lubba not attempting to fly is bad. Not only did he say he RAN into Bowser, which would mean he'd be flying at this point.
You mean the ship? That's a single minded take
  • They could have stopped when finding him.
  • They could have actually collided with him.
  • They could have found him without flying at their top speed, which they're able to fly at.
  • Bowser could have found them without they moving, which also makes the wording accurate.
Lumas do not need to transform to fly said distances as they can revert to their forms and come back, so point is moot.
Can you show this?
Bowser stated he wanted his place at the center of the universe, where else would he go?
You mean his first fortress that we don't know how much time it took him to get in or the final one he teleported a couple of times to get in? Also proof?

I'm with DatOneWeeb regarding those examples. Actually, it's mentioned on previous thread, the Pink Lumas that turn into galaxies once you feed them are actually seen appearing back in the observatory as Lumas again once you return. And it's shown they actually transform at will. The Green Lumas also seem to outpace the green launch star flight and relaxing at the same destination. Which those three green lumas are the same ones who take you to their three respective galaxies. Also, entirety of the Super Mario Galaxy games individually all happens within the same Earth day.

Actually, it's mentioned on previous thread, the Pink Lumas that turn into galaxies once you feed them are actually seen appearing back in the observatory as Lumas again once you return. And it's shown they actually transform at will. The Green Lumas also seem to outpace the green launch star flight and relaxing at the same destination. Which those three green lumas are the same ones who take you to their three respective galaxies.
How do you propose the wording and evidence of this should be added in the profiles?

Well, I remember the Koopa Clown Car and Junior Clown Car being capable of travelling across space in Mario Party 8 and 9. They have appear frequently enough as vehicles used against Mario and co, whether it's for actual battles such as NSMBU or even combative sports such as Mario Tennis Aces. So I do believe reaction feats in regards to them are sufficient enough to be warranted, just that they need to be more elaborative than its current explanation. Ask for the Millennium Star, it's definitely stated that it fell from the sky though it also stated that it was in the center of the universe prior. This could mean either it flew to Earth before hand or that the planet is already within the center of the universe. But with both Galaxy games having Kamek has to warp the castle in the center of the universe in the first and Bowser flying there in the second, I believe we should go with the former possibility. Speaking of which, I can understand why the Launch Stars reactions can be iffy. Maybe find a better way to explain or implement it or have it remove altogether if its too controversial or can't be used.

Last edited:
I can understand why the Launch Stars reactions can be iffy. Maybe find a better way to explain or implement it or have it remove altogether if its too controversial or can't be used.
It scales since Mario's able to perfectly land his trip instead of falling on his face. In addition to that. Starbits can also fly at the same speeds. Certain enemies like the Magikoopas can react to them and block the starbits.

This could mean either it flew to Earth before hand or that the planet is already within the center of the universe.
If you watch the beginning cutscene, you can see the a shine fly to the center of the universe, which is the Millennium Star. So that itself could be the MFTL+. Additionally the ending has him flying away from Mario's planet pretty quickly, possibly retuning to the space he was at.

But with both Galaxy games having Kamek has to warp the castle in the center of the universe in the first and Bowser flying there in the second, I believe we should go with the former possibility.
I'd go with the latter. My reasoning is after completing each mission, the Power Stars and Grand Stars fly Mario back at quick speeds. Because of this, I think we can use this comparison and say Bowser was doing the same.

I recommend multiplying the distance by 7 because the overworld displays all worlds being similar in size and then counting the time it takes to fly past all of them.

Back